Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 04:22 am
I'm debating wether to get a latin quote or translation as a tattoo, but require something a bit inspirational and with meaning to suit me. And short in length!!!

Also, can anyone provide me with the Latin translations of these?:

'Friend For Life'

'Entwined Souls'

'All I Need to get By'

'Hand In Hand'

' Memories Ar The Script Of Our Souls'

Thanks

daniella
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 37,360 • Replies: 6
No top replies

smog

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 10:35 am
Why get a tattoo of something which you don't understand?

Oh, and you should know that I'm often of little to no help whatsoever. I bet most people hate me.
0 Replies

daniellab

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 11:27 pm
The reason why most people gets tattoos is to have something unique and personal to them, not for other people. So the fact that others might not understand it, would be of no issue to me.

If you feel like most people might hate you, you might want to stop being so pathetic and looking for attention via childish sacasm.

But thanks

dan
0 Replies

obp

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 08:10 am
I am a true believer in individual tattoos but for quotes most people have similar ones. I dont think it should be a problem people understanding it. It could be a great conversation starter! But as for you getting something you dont understand- just say your learning something new! haha

'Omnia mea mecum porto' is one that i quite like! it simply means- All that is mine, I carry with me. (basically 'My wisdom is my greatest wealth')

its quite similar to what you were asking about all you need to get by.

hope that helps Smile
0 Replies

bobwar50

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 04:15 pm
to commemorate smog's honesty maybe we could all get Nosce te ipsum(Know thyself), and then we would have a sort of an "in joke". ths bringing us all together, just like SHELLEY JACKSON'S project "skin".
super!

cheers, Ben.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 04:28 pm
smog wrote:
Why get a tattoo of something which you don't understand?

Oh, and you should know that I'm often of little to no help whatsoever. I bet most people hate me.

I... I... I confess.

I do hate smog.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 04:53 pm
I know a woman who thought she had the words "Health, Happiness" tattooed on her back in Chinese. She found out a few years later the characters actually read "loose woman".
0 Replies