If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?

giujohn

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 07:57 pm
This would be a fascinating discussion if it was based on let's say a scientific book awash in unequivocal facts. And I'm not trying to be demeaning but the discourse has little more impact than if you were discussing the destruction, by a wolf, of a straw, wood, or brick home that three pigs lived in.
0 Replies

Greywolf

Fri 15 Jul, 2016 12:32 pm
@Caesar,
Hell is not for u, but for satanand his rebellious fallen angels, and of course for all human who prefer not to follow Jesus.
Hope you get it.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Sat 16 Jul, 2016 02:09 pm
@Caesar,
Several people explained very well and in the process exposed how dumb you really are. Hell and forgiveness are related but not because anything is automatic. The guy that cheats on his wife because he 'knows' she will forgive him is the guy that goes to Hell BECAUSE she will forgive him and he has abused that forgiveness. As you have too by your own admission.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Sat 16 Jul, 2016 02:10 pm
@Phoenix32890,
But that begs the question, doesn't it? How do you KNOW what is logical and reasonable? Only by the attempt of explanation. Had you thought about what you said and not just copy-pasted this would have jumped out at you.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Sat 16 Jul, 2016 02:11 pm
@LionTamerX,
Why -- question for you -- does it mean anything.

0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Mon 8 Aug, 2016 12:01 pm
@Caesar,
FIrst of all, quit playing dumb. You do see horrible hatefilled people around you don't you. How about the Isis soldiers that used that baby for gun practice.

Why is there a Hell ? First you tell me why you forgive the perpetrators of that crime and ignore the mother. You have NO RIGHT to forgive the atrocities committed against OTHER people.

People like you make me sick, sorry, but it's the truth. You are pollyannish and dumb in a world where such failings strengthen the monsters in the world.
0 Replies

CVeigh

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:33 am
@Caesar,
no need to explain. You think God did a stupid useless thing and you think that you should like to spend eternity with this God. Is there anybody on here that doesn't think this is the stupidest lack of self-awareness on here.
0 Replies

CVeigh

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:47 am
@Phoenix32890,
That will sure give you a reason not to deal with others as an adult.
0 Replies

MadJW

Sun 30 Dec, 2018 09:48 pm
@Caesar,
Caesar wrote:

It doesnt make sense. Jesus dies so that "all" of us can be saved, yet we still need a place for the un-saved people...Explain.

------------
Hey! The churches say Jesus NEVER died!
cicerone imposter

Sun 30 Dec, 2018 11:10 pm
@MadJW,
Jesus never died; it was just a sleep.
MadJW

Mon 31 Dec, 2018 08:14 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

-

That's a new spin! GOOD one!
0 Replies

MadJW

Mon 31 Dec, 2018 08:15 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

-
----
So GodJesus 'resurrected' Himself by WAKING UP!
cicerone imposter

Mon 31 Dec, 2018 12:55 pm
@MadJW,
Quote:
. That's the comic book interpretation. You need to study logic, and what the term "death or dead" means. Clinical death - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_death
Clinical death is the medical term for cessation of blood circulation and breathing, the two necessary criteria to sustain human and many other organisms' lives. ... Most tissues and organs of the body can survive clinical death for considerable periods. Blood ... Bone, tendon, and skin can survive as long as 8 to 12 hours.
Leadfoot

Tue 1 Jan, 2019 07:43 am
@cicerone imposter,
So you figure he slept for 8 - 12 hours then partied with the angels for 2 1/2 days in the grave?

That is an interesting theory which has been explored. The medical people tell me that the blood & water that poured out of his abdominal cavity when the Roman soldier speared him indicates that he was probably dead. Most people died of asphyxiation due to breathing difficulties during crucifixion. In his case, my guess is he died of a broken heart.
0 Replies

MadJW

Tue 1 Jan, 2019 09:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
. That's the comic book interpretation. You need to study logic, and what the term "death or dead" means.

Logic?
Like trying to say Death is remaining alive in another form or state?
That is GOOFIER than any comic book.....

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/theMadJW/Death/DEATH.jpg
NO-NAME

Tue 1 Jan, 2019 10:54 am
Have you ever made a decision that you were sure on and that you thought you knew what the price for doing it was? rather it be good or bad? .
My guess is Probably more then one time in your life.
And did it turn out WAY DIFFERENT then you would have ever expected it to? So much so that you look back k and said "man I'm glad I didn't do that now because I would 've hating life if I had to deal with the **** Suzy is dealing with!"? .
Most of us have some more then 1 or 3 times in are life. So then why would God indirectly ask you a question (through a book 20x older then you from a different language with no evidence to confirm ether or/good/bad purely faith bassed question of heaven or hell for ETERNITY when we have no good understanding of eternity because we are temporal? It doesn't add up at all. O and it's all because of something YOU DIDN'T DO Adam and eve did it so your being punished just because?. Just think about that for a bit
MadJW

Tue 1 Jan, 2019 12:03 pm
@NO-NAME,
I have- MANY times, thank you.
After the fallacy of my blind faith as a Catholic was exposed by the JWs, I no longer believed the Bible was Inspired.

They encouraged me to do research about it and its background at the library- and wished me well, after telling them I didn't want to study the Bible with them anymore....

Then, after a couple of months of research- it became VERY clear that the Bible was unique- not just another Koran or Book of Mormon- that it HAD to be from God.

Ready for some examples?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 1 Jan, 2019 12:41 pm
@MadJW,
Quote:
Like trying to say Death is remaining alive in another form or state?
I never said anything close to your perception of what I said. It's evident, you do have difficulty with logic and reading comprehension. Did you graduate grade school, or did you attend the same college as Donald Trump? https://www.aol.com/article/2016/03/18/donald-trump-s-grammar-skills-in-speeches-equated-to-those-of-a/21330115/
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 12:38 pm
@Caesar,
Why? It's because people listen to random jerks telling them what the bible says instead of reading it for themselves.

Hell is a hole is a grave. Check any dictionary. Everybody goes there and there is no awareness.

Jesus did not die to forgive us. He died so we could have a spirit, same as Adam and Eve had. Your need to read your bible too.

Read a chapter of Proverbs every day. Proverbs has 31 chapters so you can keep your place by just looking at a calendar. There is no religion or nothing in Proverbs and you don't have to believe anything. Just read to find wisdom.

When you are comfortable with that, then read the bible from Romans to 2 Thessalonians over and over until you start to remember what it says. That is the part that applies to Christians.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 03:58 pm
@MadJW,
https://www.wordproject.org/bibles/resources/why_kjv/omissions.htm There are also many inconsistencies in the Bible. https://www.cs.umd.edu/~mvz/bible/bible-inconsistencies.pdf The one that really taught me that the Bible was not true was the contradiction on "Thou shalt not kill" and "kill all non-believers." All my siblings are christians, but I just could not abide by the inconsistencies and contradictions of the Bible. Besides all that, the Bible was created only 2000 years ago, and humans have been around for 200,000 years. What happens to all those people who lived before Jesus' time, and those in other lands? How did Noah take his boat about around the world and collect every animal in two's?

Luke 19:27
But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

2 Chronicles 15:12-13
And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.
Anyone carrying out god's command today will surely be charged with a crime, and put into prison.