I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike...

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 05:26 pm
So, littlek and I spent half a day today shopping for a new bike. We got her a Marin 21 speed cross bike. Comfy for an urban ride, but light and fast enough for some serious road riding. This is the beast himself:

http://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/product_images_lrg/05marin-Kentfield.jpg

And it comes with a Kickystand <giggle giggle>

Soooo, who's in for some serious riding? I got a beautiful salmon pink Univega. Late 80's racing bike. Just got a new titanium Terry seat for it today. Between the two of us, a mad amount of cash was flowing. Here's my dainty lass in red Looks much more dashing in salmon pink though:

http://www.sellwoodcycle.com/bicycles/3494.jpg

So... what have you got? Where do you ride? Road bike? Mountain bike? Anybody interested in a2k riding club? Huh? Spring is here and I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 14,693 • Replies: 146
No top replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 05:56 pm
double post
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 05:57 pm
Alright, I couldn't stand it. I had to take pics of my bicycle and post them.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RAAsA08T1Xl2qCOcJkQbq0u0cKiXqmBCaqo3iZjKwcCEZGg!oc2DRktJADytadF*S0sGpYr8yBCztpeNTka5aD!tBU7C3h3Tdoz2Rv!ZPQQ/IMG_0251.JPG

Front view. I changed the handlebars, the brakes and wiring, and added brake clutches on top of handlebars. Schweeeet. Best ride ever.
Well, for the money I got it for, anyway.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RAD5AlATEHp2qCOcJkQbq12ue*KVEjzOlNPuTc1V5vkLCdRuGk3H7APowi15CRR0FvO62DERpluHMHZ*l6GK3Y8vUIJXjb7!aRh6FrRCErk/IMG_0252.JPG
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 06:02 pm
ever hear of a Big Dog?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 06:07 pm
just beware of the whifflesniffers dag. they're a disgusting bunch.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 06:07 pm
I keep starting to hyperventilate, but I calm myself down with repeated mantras of the it's-well-worth-the-price and just-think-of-the-pounds-you'll-shed-not-eating-this-month type.

It is a beauty, thanks a million to Dag (and Yessica, by proxy) for the help.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 06:10 pm
I have low-end Specialized mountain bike, got it last summer.

There's woods near my place, and the few times I went riding with some friends, I'd be absolutely dead in about 15 minutes. I don't do any cardio at the gym, so I'm very out of shape that way. Then when I got my motorcycle, which came after the moutain bike, I got out on the bicycle less and less.

I gotta get out on it more though, if for nothing else to get some cardio in, since it's the only form I like. I do like riding bicycles though.
0 Replies

littlek

And, here's Dag's new saddle - the guy at customer service was fondling the seat while explaining it's virtues,whifflesniffers indeed. It has a 'love channel'.

http://www.terrybicycles.com/product_images/display/2113900.gif
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Congrats on the new bike, littlek.

You'll be doing sweet jumps and wheelies in no time.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 06:12 pm
"Wider than typical race saddles for good support of a woman's sit bones."

Sit bones? Why dont' they just come out and say it's wider for the woman's ass?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 06:14 pm
Heehee.... sssshhhhh, don't say that to Dag!

So, we can get Slappy, Dag, maybe HM#1 and me on a bike ride.......?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 06:17 pm
Slappy is doing mtb. I ain't doing that ever again. Nobody will get me on a mountain bike since i broke my rib; or rather, it tore off from the ligament and slid under....<shudder>
but i'm in for a road ride any time of the year, any number of miles, any weather!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 06:23 pm
I want a nice bike, but I just can't rationalize the cost.

Maybe I can get BoGoWo to talk me into it. He's a bicycling activist here in Tranna, among his other interests.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 08:20 pm
Mr B and I bike quite a bit. I use a road bike and he uses a mnt bike. I have a hard time keeping up with him on the trails, but I can whip his butt on pavement. A couple years ago we did a trail/road trip to Wisc and back, about 60 miles total. I didn't feel like riding for awhile after that. We usually do a 12 mile loop a couple times/week.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 08:30 pm
I have been inspired by this thread to dig out one of my bicycles. I think I'll run behind the shed and see what I can dig up....

http://www.iape.org/GBandU/Vol96_No2/BicycleStorage.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 08:48 pm
I won two bikes last year!

It was super exciting.

They're kinda crappy.

But I didn't know that until I googled 'em! They're pretty anyway!

Hope to make use of one of 'em as the weather gets warmer. E.G. already has a (much better) one, other is for sozlet I guess.

ehBeth, want a kind of crappy but purty bike?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 11:58 pm
dagmaraka wrote:

but i'm in for a road ride any time of the year, any number of miles, any weather!

As proof, she's riding home right now in the rain....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 12:23 am
yup, and i made it. up that mother hill again, unharmed. just cannot stand the thought of my precious baby locked up outside in the rain, even though it's under a roof. poor baby.
and we ride tomorrow, yes, K?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 01:04 am
I've got Diamondback's Response, which is pretty much their bottom dollar mountain bike. It also got equipped with a more supportive saddle. Ah, the joys of adjusting a seat by trial and error.

Mostly, I ride the riverwalk park, but stay off the nature trails except when I'm hoofing it. They dress the trails with wood chips, which includes Russian olive and it's murderous thorns. I got a rack to carry it on the car, and try to load it up at lunch time, and get the riding in on the way home.

Now, I'm fooling around with the idea of riding to and from work, though the hills are kind of daunting on the way home. Now, Cycloptichorn and I had a little discussion on carrying stuff on a bike. This is about the closest I could find to what he suggests. Input and better ideas are welcome.

So, why not rename the thread, and you'll have an a2k cycle thread.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 02:17 am
Nice bikes guys :-D I use to have a nice Fugi, but it got stolen. Paid about $400 for that thing. I don't have a bike now, but I'll be getting one eventually after I go back to work :-D
0 Replies