Gallery/Museum shows-NEW! Franz Marc Exhibition

Piffka

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 09:00 am
AE -- there was a small tour of Rockwell stuff that just finished:

Norman Rockwell exhibition, Norman Rockwell: A Personal Collection, opens in the KOA Art Gallery in Blaisdell Hall. Each event in the series is free and open to the public.

The Rockwell collection, which will feature 11 original pieces of artwork, is on loan to the university by Pitt-Bradford alumni Jack and Martha Mackowski Campbell who live in Spring, Texas. The exhibition will continue through Nov. 7.

Osso -- I'm pleased to see that you have this idea for an ongoing exhibition thread. Going now to look for it & make a bookmark.

I am thirsting to see the Fra Angelico that opened at the NYC Met. I assume they'll have loads of works on view.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 09:14 am
Another exhibition noted in my time schedule:

As from autumn 2005, the Kunstsammlung NRW will show a selection of exquisite loans from internationally renowned museums - such as the important collections of modern art in London, New York, Paris, St. Petersburg and from private collectors. This big exhibition of works from Matisse, the first in a German-speaking country since more than twenty years, will show about eighty paintings, supplemented by high-quality drawings and sculptures.

Henri Matisse: Figure Colour Space (kind of slide show on that site)

My state's gallery:
North Rhine-Westphalia's Art Collection - Kunstsammlung NRW

In its forty year history the Kunstsammlung NRW has established its own unmistakable profile as a museum for 20th century art, and has long been recognised internationally for its outstanding collection of paintings, including works by Picasso, Braque, Ernst, Chagall, Léger, Klee.

Since 2002 its collection expanded into a new museum and building, called "K 21". Here the work that the Kunstsammlung has carried out so successfully in the past enters a new era, with international contemporary art and art of the 21st century.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 09:24 am
Piffka wrote:
AE -- there was a small tour of Rockwell stuff that just finished:

Norman Rockwell exhibition, Norman Rockwell: A Personal Collection, opens in the KOA Art Gallery in Blaisdell Hall. Each event in the series is free and open to the public.

The Rockwell collection, which will feature 11 original pieces of artwork, is on loan to the university by Pitt-Bradford alumni Jack and Martha Mackowski Campbell who live in Spring, Texas. The exhibition will continue through Nov. 7.

Osso -- I'm pleased to see that you have this idea for an ongoing exhibition thread. Going now to look for it & make a bookmark.

I am thirsting to see the Fra Angelico that opened at the NYC Met. I assume they'll have loads of works on view.

I'm still looking for more information. The guy that told me said he heard about it on channel 13 this morning.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 12:03 pm
But waiiiiiiit, I started a new thread as a follow up, since I can't edit titles any more, and Franz Marc will be up there forever, and as time would go by, someone would have to try hard to find the Franz Marc link if more and more posts are added. Here's the new thread -

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=61553
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 02:01 am
I'd love to see the Fra Angelico.
0 Replies