Gallery/Museum shows-NEW! Franz Marc Exhibition

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 11:35 am
While the exhibition "Degenerate Art" still is running at the at Tate Modern until October 30 (Guardian: What the Nazis didn't want you to see ), today, in Munich starts the

the largest Franz Marc retrospective since the Franz Marc Memorial Exhibition of 1916 with a hitherto unprecedented collection of 95 paintings, about 145 works on paper, sculptures and applied arts, some of which have never been shown to the public before.

Franz Marc Exhibition
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 11:37 am
I'd like to see that!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 11:53 am
Well, the exhibition website is great show as well :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 12:04 pm
I'm quite enamored with that cow...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 12:19 pm
wow, timber. I died an went to heaven. Can you imagine any other country (well maybe Australia) wasting time and resources to build some of that ****. Over in York Pa, theres an attraction in this pile. Its a giant high top shoe. It was built as a houise and its now open to the public. I admit having gone in there once and, inside its like a 5th wheel trailer with the living room, in the instep, only about 5'8" high , so if youre any higher you get a skull bash.
Over in Jersey they used to have a Boeing Connie set up over a road as a restaurant. They took it out as it really creeped alot of people out. If you looked quickly it looked like the plane was crashing into this road and a strip mall.
All around here we have a series of attractions that contain 20 ft barefoot Amishmen statues. This really pisses off the Amish but the folks from Jersey need some anatomical training so they had one that some kids labeled with naughty parts. The township ordered it down and there was a huge court fight in which Amishmen came in to actually testify that it was offensive.

Yessir, I like culture.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 12:38 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
While the exhibition "Degenerate Art" still is running at the at Tate Modern until October 30 (Guardian: What the Nazis didn't want you to see ), today, in Munich starts the

the largest Franz Marc retrospective since the Franz Marc Memorial Exhibition of 1916 with a hitherto unprecedented collection of 95 paintings, about 145 works on paper, sculptures and applied arts, some of which have never been shown to the public before.

Franz Marc Exhibition

I would love to see that.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 05:05 pm
O.K., to get to the cat image, press Walter's "franz marc exhibition". Then click the "htm versionl", then "english." When I do that I get the cat image, a great example of "design," even if it is extracted from its original context.

Damn it, I did it again and got a different animal--apparently they are rotating animals. I give up. I've even forgotten my point.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 05:53 pm
That must be it, they're rotating. That's part of why I like looking at gallery websites - overcoming my confusion. Sometimes when I click on gallery links there'll just be some dim little image. For lack of anything better to do, I click on it, and a whole world of images comes up...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 07:21 pm
Yes, sometimes. That makes for an hour of pleasant perusal.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 08:20 pm
There's a Flintstone house on highway 280 here in California.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 10:07 pm
At the start site, you can choose, if you want the flash or html version (the html version has pics, which aren't zoomable).

Then, choose English.

Afterwards, you can go along the timeline, which gives you a lot of his pictures .... not changing.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 11:05 pm
C.I., either you're on the wrong thread or I'm having a stroke.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 11:06 pm
Yes, Walter. That's what I was doing for a while. A nice set-up.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 08:06 am
Nice exhibition website, once I saw the timeline; terrific exhibit. It's tempting to buy the catalog. The delineation of his progression is fascinating. I just plain love much of the work, and like all of it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:25 am
Well, the following link is not about a recent exhibition but a new online presentation of the Tate:

"Most recently they developed a rather novel way to browse through approximately 2000 of their artworks online. They are calling it "Carousel" and this website will allow the curious user to weave their way through this large collection. As their site notes, "It's like a random walk with a subtle guiding hand". The works are randomly generated on the site, and visitors can highlight images by clicking on them as they appear and also add them to their "favorites" list. No doubt this site will prove most efficacious for art educators, artists, and those interested in engaging in a bit of a peripatetic online artistic journey." (from Scout)

Tate Collection: Carousel
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 11:05 am
Claude Monet has already been celebrated in many exhibitions, but his pictures have seldom been seen in Germany till now. This exhibition at the Bremen Kunsthalle is now the first to focus on Monet's early figurative work. Starting from his portrait, Camille, it is devoted to a special aspect: the female portrait.

http://www.artofmonet.com/images/Large/65_Camille_or_The_Woman_in_the_Green_Dress.JPG

"Monet and Camille - Portraits of Women in Impressionism" link to Kunsthalle Bremen website (English)

On loan e.g. Degas: Hélène Rouart in her Father's Study
(from the National Gallery):

http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/WebMedia/Images/64/NG6469/eNG6469.jpg

Other participating artists: Camille Corot, Edouard Manet, James Abbott, McNeil, Whistler, Pierre-Auguste Renoir et. al.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 03:00 pm
Very rich colors...
I wouldn't have guessed Monet did the first one.

Alas, I can't change the thread title to keep up with new exhibitions any more. I haven't added new exhibits in a while - trying to decide whether to do separate threads or keep one going with a general title - or just leave this one.

What do you think, Walter? Today I am thinking of starting a new general thread on Gallery and Museum exhibits, as the Franz Marc notice will get confusing as months go by.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 03:01 pm
Hmm, sounds good.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 03:05 pm
I'll do it now while I'm thinking about it - that is after I review a big list of exhibitions. (This will relieve me from having to go clean my basement...)
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 07:18 am
Osso, a friend just told me that there is going to be a Norman Rockwell tour in the US. I could not find anything on the tour, maybe it's not posted on the net yet. If you come across the information before I do please post it.

Thanks,

{A}
0 Replies