Where is the US economy headed?

Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2014 01:05 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Jeez, you just pull them out of your anal sphincter at need, don't you, quahog? Still another ludicrous conspiracy theory, right up there with tyour English royal family hunting and killing naked teenagers running for their lives thru the royal forests. Bankers, despite their many OBVIOUS faults are not in particular satanists and pedophiles, nor is the world economy run by cabals of Rothschilds (I notice you left off the "Jews" which is how most conspiracy theorists characterize "Rothschild Jews"--you cavil at a little anti-Semitism with your conspiracies, do yo?). Your idea of "research" has Zero contact with any objective reality.

And here it is, as exactly predicted, the knee jerk reflex!

Just an unconscious unthinking reaction.

Of course by someone who doesn't know what she is talking about.
Indeed, not even did a slice of reseach and has no clue what I am talking about, and confuses it all, to make matters worse,
with anti-semitism! What a laugh!

Figures.

And I don't care what you try to call it. I only look if it is true or not.
Try to do the same and the world maybe changed by tomorrow.

0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 07:09 am
http://www.davidicke.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/get-attachment-611-587x391.jpg
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 01:34 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
quahog says:

Quote:

And here it is, as exactly predicted, the knee jerk reflex!

Just an unconscious unthinking reaction.

Of course by someone who doesn't know what she is talking about.
Indeed, not even did a slice of reseach and has no clue what I am talking about, and confuses it all, to make matters worse,
with anti-semitism! What a laugh!

Not at all knee-jerk, based on the fact that I have in fact done some research on your "research", and your "research" is anti-factual from stem to stern. And, yes, anti-Semitic. You, quahog, are the one quoting from The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, the notoriously false disinformation created by the Russian tsar's secret police to justify the Russian pogroms against Jews. Just one of the multitude of totally bogus sources of your "research". Get a new life, quaqhog, you're wasting the one you have on baseless trash.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 02:09 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
You, quahog, are the one quoting from The Protocols of the Elders of Zion

I had him on ignore because I thought he was just a ******* idiot, but thanks for pointing out just how low he has sunk.

The Protocols Of Zion was used to justify the Holocaust, and anyone who quotes from a proven forgery is no different from a Nazi apologist.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 03:54 pm
some will never get it!
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 04:52 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
re quahog:
too true. you never have yet, and show no indication you ever will.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 08:55 pm
I am very much looking forward to getting the holiday retail numbers, the people that I talk to almost universally say that this season is coming in above expectations, which as I recall nationally was up 4% from last year before inflation.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 08:52 pm
Hey, thanks, everyone, for giving Q the attention he craves. I am sure that's why he stays on the board. It's as though the board caught a disease.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 04:32 am
@hawkeye10,
So you'll be writing a letter of thanks to Mr. Obama.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 05:14 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Hey, thanks, everyone, for giving Q the attention he craves. I am sure that's why he stays on the board. It's as though the board caught a disease.

So, you very spuerficially and without any evidence what so ever, you think I crave attention, because I have a different opinion then most people?

Hmm, interesting case!

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 03:30 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

No, because he is going to put in 8 years as POTUS doing virtually nothing to work on the structural problems of this economy, to include a very bad income inequality that is getting even worse fast. We are headed for a crash, which will very likely include riots. It is not clear that The Professor could have headed this off, but he not only did not try but he also has shown no indication that he understands the problem.

Obama has been a disaster as president.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 08:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS.N) and FedEx Corp (FDX.N) started limiting air express deliveries after a last-minute increase in shipped packages caused some retailers to exceed agreed-upon limits, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people briefed on the situation.

This year, both UPS and FedEx held some retailers to their volume commitments during the final shopping days before Christmas, aiming to avoid a repeat of a fiasco last year, the Journal reported.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ups-fedex-cap-air-express-010727977.html

This is in spite of the delivery companies adding more staff this year and having spent the last year working to optimize their systems to get more packages transported. For instance I have not seen a single driver UPS truck in weeks, they always have a helper on board.

This is another indication that this seasons sales results will come in good for retailers. And good for UPS and the rest refusing to take packages, they spent the whole last year working with shippers to not have a repeat of last year, there is no way they should take loads above agreed upon limit, because at that point it is the delivery service and not the shipper who will get the blame from the public.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 05:50 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
We are headed for a crash, which will very likely include riots.

When do you think this crash will happen? I ask because when it does happen I will want to congratulate you on your gift of prophecy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 09:51 am
@izzythepush,
Me too! His gift is beyond words. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 01:09 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

While you are at it, thank Obama for keeping our ground troops out of an unwinnable war, ignoring the whining of Republican Jingo talking heads, saving thousands of our boys lives.

“Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Lord Francis Bacon.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 01:29 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Quote:
While you are at it, thank Obama for keeping our ground troops out of an unwinnable war

Which war was that? We are currently at war in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.
Rickoshay75

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 01:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
While you are at it, thank Obama for keeping our ground troops out of an unwinnable war

Which war was that? We are currently at war in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.

War is troops on the ground, not advisers and observers. contrary to what Republican hawk talking heads say, planes and bombs have turned the tide.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 01:49 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Quote:
War is troops on the ground, not advisers and observers
What are these armed american soldiers in uniform to include combat boots doing in Syria/afghanistan/iraq when they go out on patrol and/or call in air strikes from the American Air Force if not war? What do you call it?
Rickoshay75

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 02:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
War is troops on the ground, not advisers and observers
What are these armed american soldiers in uniform to include combat boots doing in Syria/afghanistan/iraq when they go out on patrol and/or call in air strikes from the American Air Force if not war? What do you call it?

The troops in Afghanistan are still there as a political presence, more to please the Republican hawks than anything else. At least our remaining troops have a salary, bed and board, not like the returning vets who live on the streets with nothing to look forward to.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 05:40 pm
Quote:
The head of Sears Holdings Corp's online operations and a key member of Chief Executive Eddie Lampert's management team has resigned and will leave the company in February to pursue a new opportunity, the retailer said.

Imran Jooma, an executive vice president in charge of online, marketing, pricing and financial services, has been an important part of the loss-making retailer's efforts to use technology and innovative services to revive itself.

Jooma handed in his resignation on Dec. 17 and his last day with the company will be Feb. 6, according to a securities filing on Tuesday. Sears has not named his replacement.

Spokesman Chris Brathwaite said Lampert told employees in a message on Tuesday that Jooma would assist in the transition to new leadership over the business segments he was overseeing. Lampert pointed to a "deep bench of talented executives" that would carry out the company's strategies, Brathwaite said.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sears-says-online-chief-resigns-203158721.html

Pretty much confirms the critics notion that Lamberts "Buy it your Way" idea which has been advertised as the savior of the company is a fraud, that it is Lambert pretending to be a retailer, pretending to be trying to save the company, in a way that costs him almost nothing as he carries out his liquidation plan.

" Buy it your way is not working as promised, it is this other fellas fault, I fired him and we will rejigger it". A year from now we will get another excuse.