Is my pet goldfish getting ready to lay eggs?

panzade

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 07:50 am
@garunkumar,
He may not be feeling well. How big is your aquarium?
How many other fish live in it?
0 Replies

Ethan86628

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 08:57 pm
@miss elvis 2000,
Hey guys. My goldfish is getting these type of wight pimples on her right side near the head. Is she pregnant or does she have a disease. Please help
0 Replies

patsysvn

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 06:43 am
@panzade,
about 20 years ago I had fan tail gold fish and at about 2years old one laid eggs I got out as many as I could and as I didn't have another tank I did a makeshift it worked, just a bowl with some baby food and a tube blowing some air into it, they did fine till my autistic grandson thought he would help, he thought it he was cooking and stirred them they died in a couple of days but if I had time to put them in a proper tank they would have lived. But I wasn't quick enough, shame, but I didn't do anything fancy they did grow to about 1/4". I now have mail and female they killed the other 2 they are 1/2 years old she has a big belly but I wont save the eggs.
0 Replies

patsysvn

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 06:51 am
@panzade,
about 20 years ago I had fan tail gold fish and at about 2years old one laid eggs I got out as many as I could and as I didn't have another tank I did a makeshift it worked, just a bowl with some baby food and a tube blowing some air into it, they did fine till my autistic grandson thought he would help, he thought it he was cooking and stirred them they died in a couple of days but if I had time to put them in a proper tank they would have lived. But I wasn't quick enough, shame, but I didn't do anything fancy they did grow to about 1/4". I now have mail and female they killed the other 2 they are 1/2 years old she has a big belly but I wont save the eggs.
0 Replies

patsysvn

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 06:54 am
@miss elvis 2000,
Confused about 20 years ago I had fan tail gold fish and at about 2years old one laid eggs I got out as many as I could and as I didn't have another tank I did a makeshift it worked, just a bowl with some baby food and a tube blowing some air into it, they did fine till my autistic grandson thought he would help, he thought it he was cooking and stirred them they died in a couple of days but if I had time to put them in a proper tank they would have lived. But I wasn't quick enough, shame, but I didn't do anything fancy they did grow to about 1/4". I now have mail and female they killed the other 2 they are 1/2 years old she has a big belly but I wont save the eggs.
0 Replies

fish mom

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 12:40 am
I have a gold fish that has been swimming at the bottom of the tank I got it for my step daughter and he has two black spots on his tail in different spots is my daughters fish dying he's been this way for a few days
panzade

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 09:13 pm
@fish mom,
probably not.
Is the tank clean and well-aerated?
0 Replies