What's Wrong With My Cookies???!!!!

Montana

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 01:12 am
Oh cool. I was thinking it was the flour, but I'm glad you figured it out Squin :-D

Happy trails :-D
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 06:24 am
A stop by from the hamburgers would be delightful! PM or let Bear know if it's not too off their path.

Daughter has taken the "sample" in today. Won't get a grade for a couple of days probably. Funny, cause I was showing daughter how to make 1" balls, dip in cinn/sugar mixture and then lightly flatten them on the pan. She thought I was getting into this pretty heavy... I mean, it's just cookies, right?

I said, "I'll have you know I got a blue ribbon for my Snickerdoodles, canned green beans, AND dill pickles at the county fair!"

"Really???... There were county fairs way back then?" (snicker)

"Yes!" (poke her in the side) "And, smarty pants, I got a blue ribbon for sewing two towels together, flipping the tops down and running a chord through that tied on each shoulder which made a swimsuit cover-up."

Hilarity broke out from there. Couldn't understand what she was trying to say as she gasped for air between laughter and attempted to not pee her pants.

Finally... "Two towels, huh? Well, that must have been simply adorable!"

Brat!

(Brat is an affectionate term here, as is when my mother calls me a little heifer. Probably something she picked up at the county fair) Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 06:48 am
Hahaha!!!! That's too funny squinney :-D
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:33 am
so don't tell your daughter about the bikini i made in grade 7 - with matching poncho (with bobble fringe) - all made out of terry cloth

a terry cloth bikini, you say? why yes. the bottom filled up with water and fell off the first/only time i tried to swim in it. it became a lovely sun suit.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:48 pm
Sounds absolutely exquisite, ehBeth! Very Happy
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 06:07 am
Oooh, bobble fringe? I'd forgotten about poncho's with bobble fringe.
0 Replies