Is the theory behind 'The Da Vinci Code' fact or fiction?

panzade

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 09:39 am
Well yeah schweetie, the Wiccans fill a void. Nature abhors a vacuum or some such nonsense.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:00 am
In the book(Da Vinci code)it says at one time women were worshipped, there were Goddess's as well as Gods.

Id LOVE to know what happened to turn it all over.Why did men all of a sudden take over?

I have a very blinkered view of things because of how Ive been treated in my life(stupid teenage guy stuff)but the way I see it is that its about controlling sex.
Sex should be enjoyble for men and not women.
A guy will try alot to pursuade a wary girl to have sex.If a girl has sex and the guy wants to humiliate her after wards he will call her a whore or just generally make her feel bad for doing exactlywhat he wanted.
Mary Magdelene is depicted as a prostitute.Why not a Queen or someone of high standard?
Mary apparently didnt even have sex to concieve Jesus!!
I read somewhere that at one point in history women were supposed to suppress their orgasm as 'doctors' thought it would harm any potential baby.Crazy talk!!Thats serious control!!

Im aware not all guys are bad like that but its the nasty ones that stay in my mind.

It all seems to be about sex.Theres none of that 'walking on water' thats being controlled.If someone wanted to part the sea, no one would protest.

I know thats very vague and probably off the topic but I hadnt complained about anything today so I thought Id let rip.
0 Replies

wales rules

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:07 am
Sex may have something to do with it. The Church today looks upon sex as a devilish and wrong thing, but how can the creation of life be devilish? It's because they believe that God is the only creator of life! That's probably why they despise women so much, in my view women are superior to men by far!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:15 am
Wales rules,are you male or female?Are you from Wales?

Exactly, we are basically on this planet to eat, sleep, sh*t and f*ck.Thats it.
Why is it (sometimes/mostly)seen as a tacky act.
Why can men do it and get called studs, women do it and get called whores.
OOOOOh it makes me sooo mad!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:19 am
Check this one out:

http://www.theomatics.com/

This one strikes me as sufficiently real. It indicatres that the bible was minimally written by people who were used to thinking about language and writing in manners totally different than ours.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:20 am
wales_rules wrote:
Sex may have something to do with it. The Church today looks upon sex as a devilish and wrong thing, but how can the creation of life be devilish? It's because they believe that God is the only creator of life! That's probably why they despise women so much...

When you say "the church", you're referring to Islam, right?
0 Replies

wales rules

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:25 am
I am male, and yes I am from Wales.

I can most certainly understand why you feel like that, material girl. I think, however, men are called studs by other men, it's a matter of pride. Women are called whores if they do it too much, because the view in todays world is that women are very cautious when approaching sex, so if a girl just goes out and does it for fun, it sends a different message than if a man does t, as that is what is expected from men, is it not?
0 Replies

wales rules

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:27 am
In response to snake, no not just Islam, most religions look upon sex this way, especially Islam and Christianity, only Jews look upon sex as it should be looked upon, they believe sex is something to celebrate, weird wasn't Jesus a Jew?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:54 am
wales_rules wrote:
In response to snake, no not just Islam, most religions look upon sex this way, especially Islam and Christianity, only Jews look upon sex as it should be looked upon, they believe sex is something to celebrate, weird wasn't Jesus a Jew?

Doesn't really sound like you've read a whole lot about Islam and the way it relates to women; there's no comparing that to any other religion. Several posters on FR have suggested providing every woman in the muslim world with a pistol as a means of eliminating the religion altogether.
0 Replies

wales rules

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 11:02 am
Well snake I see you are definitely more up-to-scratch on Islam than I. All I know is that sex should be celebrated as a miracle, not despised as an act of satan!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 11:51 am
wales_rules wrote:
Well snake I see you are definitely more up-to-scratch on Islam than I. All I know is that sex should be celebrated as a miracle, not despised as an act of satan!

All I can tell you is don't sign up as a muslim for the sex....
0 Replies

wales rules

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 11:56 am
Thank you for the tip snake.
0 Replies

wales rules

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 07:32 am
Hey guyz! I finally finished the last cahpter last night! I can finally say ''I have finished the Da Vinci Code!''. I'm so proud! I'd like to thank my mum for buying me the book, and......
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 04:40 am
I agree a man is supposed to spread his seed, as long as he doesnt just use women(especially me).
I think with the invention of the pill in the 60's women were able to have sex when they wanted as I think the fear of getting pregnant and being an unwed mother(which was frowned upon)was the only thing stopping them(I would defiantely have stopped me).

The fact that guys f*ck then move on(as they are allowed to because they are men) means that a girl has to look for another partner.Men are seen as building up notches on his bedpost, a women is seen as a slapper coz she is seen going from one guy to the next after being dumped.

I havnt been touched in 2 years and Im considered a slapper by a couple of guys.The only way I can proove Im not(because stupidly I feel like I need to proove to them im not a slapper!!? ) is by not doing anything sexual,bad for me,good for them and again the man has power over women.Luckily(or sadly )I dont fancy anyone i know so its not like im missing out on anyone.

Maybe my heads completely f*cked by guys from my past.Grrrr
Have I gone completely off the topic?

Yes sex should be celebrated.

How did you like the book Wales rules?
0 Replies

wales rules

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 11:53 am
Well material girl, I think you make a valid point. In my opinion, it's not what others think of you that counts, but what you think of yourself! Even if you are the lowliest low-life in the world, if you think that there's nothing wrong with you people will respect you. You need to forget what these guys think of you and concentrate on what you see yourself as, if YOU have a problem with who you are, then it's up to you to put that right! However, if you can look in the mirror and be happy with who you are, then it doesn't matter what ANYONE else thinks!
0 Replies

Kiza132

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 03:18 pm
Hiya everyone.

First timer here wooh! Well interested in the book haven't actually read it but intend to as soon as I can. Just reading what people were writing about stuff like religious portrayal of sex and stuff about Islam. Just wanna clarify: Religion does not believe that sex itself is a bad thing at all! It's a 'gift' from God and a way for man and woman to express their love for each other. However, it is supposed to be preserved for marriage and the procreation of children. It isn't evil at all, just frowned upon if not done within the sacred union of matrimony.

I probably sound like a text book but oh well! We had to learn this stuff to pass GCSE R.E so with regards to Islam:

Mohammed the prophet of Islam was a peaceful fella. He didn't see women as inferior in any way. Infact he tried to disperse the commonplace steriotype of woman being the weaker sex. He taught that they were equal before Allah (God) so men shouldn't treat them poorly. I mean Muslims try to go on the pilgrimage of Hajj to Mecca at least once in their lifetime and the point of that is so that all of the followers of the faith are equal before Allah. They all dress the same, do the same journey and all stand before Allah together on the Mount of Mercy so go figure.

I think Islam is just shunted by the media cos of stuff like extremist suicide bombers and that. I have Muslim mates and they're the nicest humblest people u cud meet. Islam means submission to the will of Allah. It's just interpretation that messes stuff up.

Incase you don't know Islam and Christianity have the exact same god. One divine spirit, the creator and stuff. They just don't think Jesus was God incarnate, only a prophet.

Phew! That's better. Sorry if I sounded patronising. Didn't mean to be.

Bye dearies! XxX.

P.S. Could someone give me a plot overview of The Da Vinci Code without giving too much away. I know it's about Jesus having kids with Mary M but that's about it!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 04:29 pm
Kiza132 wrote:
Just wanna clarify: Religion does not believe that sex itself is a bad thing at all! It's a 'gift' from God and a way for man and woman to express their love for each other. However, it is supposed to be preserved for marriage and the procreation of children.

Plot summary: American cryptologist bands with French cryp to save the truth about the ancient past when women were as powerful as men and sex wasn't relegated to the "missionary position" with the lights out; solely within matrimony.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:35 am
Hey, anyone hear the Vatican has deemed this book as "Uncatholic"? They urged all Catholics to not read this book as it is filled with uncatholic lies. Sort of a moot point since it's been out for 2 years and is a work of FICTION. Rolling Eyes

Vatican Blasts DaVinci Code
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:59 am
Finished it last night. It was a good read.
0 Replies

Kiza132

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 01:45 pm
Thanks for the summary. Need to get that book! I mean for crying out loud I work in a library and haven't read it! Not good is it! Ok to be fair there is a waiting list of about 100 people wanting to borrow it but whatever. I can override the system. I'm a librarian I have the power mwahahaha! Just kidding. Went off on one a bit there never mind. I'll get it next tuesday for my b-day probably... hope so!
0 Replies