Eva's Wine Cellar

Eva

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:21 pm
Are you looking for a nice, cozy place to unwind after a hard day toiling on the Politics or Relationships forums?

Just want a peaceful place full of friendly faces and lighthearted conversation?

You've come to the right place.

http://members.cox.net/snowite/images/more/Dickerson%20WINE%20CELLAR-200.jpg

Pull up a chair and pour yourself a glass! There's always a fire glowing in the grate here at Eva's. Find yourself a nice, dark corner for a private conversation, or join the group at one of the large tables if you're hungry. There's plenty of food on the buffet...just help yourself.

No arguments allowed here. Just good times.

Oh, and I'm just the hostess. We have a sommelier, Jacques, who knows all about the wines...just ask him. My specialty is conversation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 29 • Views: 147,783 • Replies: 2,388

Francis

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:25 pm
I would like a "Château Lafitte" 1978!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:29 pm
Looks like I'm just in time. I'd like what Francis is having. Is that your puppy in your avatar Francis?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:31 pm
Yes it is Montana, but it has grown a little!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:31 pm
Jacques...would you, please?

So, Francis, what are you up to these days? I see you're from Paris. I was there a couple of years ago. The French people were wonderful to me.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:33 pm
Montana! So good to see you! I saved you a seat by the fire...if you're not already overheated! (heehee) Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:38 pm
Francis
Your puppy is so cute :-D

Eva
Thanks for having me and saving my favorite seat by the fire. You know how hard it is for me to keep warm at this time of the year. Mom says I'm cold blooded, but I always say "atleast I have a warm heart" ;-)
How is everything in your neck of the woods, Eva?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:38 pm
As usual, I'm always on trivia! You know why? Life is tough, harassing.

Here is a relaxing place.

People mainly reacts to kindness with kindness.
At least, I react this way.

While in Paris, what have you liked most?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:41 pm
Ah, you certainly do have a warm heart, Montana! But I thought that saying was about cold feet? Oh well, "cold feet" doesn't describe you anyway. I've always thought of you as someone who jumps headlong into things. Like myself.

Me? I've been busy opening up this place. It's been closed for years. Lots of dust, but <looking around> I think it has possibilities.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:45 pm
Why thank you Eva. You're very kind. I like the place just the way it is. I love the way the lights are dimmed enough to make it warm and welcoming.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:47 pm
Wow Eva, this is a nice place. I'd like to sit at Montana's table...I want to treat her to a birthday drink...now where is Jacques? Is he the hunky guy over there that looks like Jude Law?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:53 pm
I agree, Francis. I come here mainly for entertainment, too. And kindness? Kindness will always be welcome at Eva's.

I fell in love with Sainte Chappelle when I was in Paris. Spent most of a day there, taking photos. Was surprised to find Notre Dame smaller than I had always imagined. I made it a goal to get lost in Paris. I succeeded. <smiling> Loved buying wine in the grocery stores there, too. Here's a nice bottle I picked up for 2 Euros...it would cost $20 here in America. What do you think of it?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:55 pm
Hey there colorbook. I agree that this place is awesome and I have a feeling we will be regulars in here. Thanks for the drink. I really shouldn't be drinking again since I had so much wine last night, but what the hell, it's the weekend and I couldn't miss Eva's opening night.

Cheers :-D
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 04:01 pm
wander in Paris is a nice activity.

Dimension of Notre Dame depends on you are american or european (europeans find it big).

As you can have a bottle for 2€ (try alt+e), you cant expect it would be a very good wine.
It's probably a good wine.

Guess the cost of a Chateau Lafitte. I was joking when I asked for it!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 04:07 pm
colorbook wrote:
...now where is Jacques? Is he the hunky guy over there that looks like Jude Law?

Perhaps a slightly older Jude with a mustache, I think. But Jude is certainly welcome if he ever decides to drop in.

Would you stand over there, Jacques, while I take your picture for colorbook? Yes, just hold up that bottle of wine. That's it. Perfect.

http://www.jumbo.com.ar/jumbomas/images/sommelier.jpg
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 04:10 pm
Francis, if you want Chateau Lafitte, you get Chateau Lafitte!!! I can afford virtually anything here! Wink

We have different keyboards though, I'm afraid. When I type Alt+e, I get "Edit."

Oh my! You people have already eaten all the baguettes! I must run over to the baker's and get a few dozen more! I'll be back in a while...carry on.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 04:12 pm
try alt gr+e
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 04:14 pm
You're welcome Montana Smile

Eva, these are gorgeous wine goblets…you have a fine eye for quality.

http://www.kosherline.com/wine/accessories/images/363002_280.jpg
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 04:18 pm
Same thing, I'm afraid. Probably the difference between American and European keyboards.

Funny thing...I was expecting Notre Dame to be larger after all the Italian churches I've seen. Yes, that was probably it.

Colorbook, feel free to flirt with Jacques if you don't think he's too old for you. He can be quite the charmer, that one!

Back in a bit...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 04:19 pm
Yes, indeed. Eva has a lot of class, doesn't she :-D

Eva
That Jacques is a keeper for sure :-D
0 Replies