Bonsai Kittens For Sale!!!

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 04:16 pm
and you know this shooting gas stuff first hand cj?
Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 08:03 pm
Kristie wrote:
... the reason people get so bent out of shape on issues like this is because Americans/Canadians/Australians view cats as pets. You (and I mean people in general, not specifically you) don't think about how poorly the cow who is now your burger was treated but you don't hesitate to condemn anyone who doesn't treat cats and dogs like mini humans.Just because you think cats are pets doesn't mean everyone does. They eat cats in other countries. Dogs too. Pets are a cultural thing. You'd be appalled at what they do to dogs in other countries.

... Just curious to see if you eat meat, msolga.

I disagree with what you're saying here, Kristie ... I'm not only concerned about pets. I also think fox hunting, for example, is wrong for cruelty reasons. The conditions that battery chickens survive in are appalling. I strongly oppose the live sheep export trade from Australia to the middle east. Etc, etc, etc ...

I have travelled quite a bit & am well aware that some animals considered "domestic pets" in Oz/US are eaten as food in some other countries. I've also seen some pretty decrepid, unhealthy looking animals in parts of Asia ... but, then, many of the people who own those animals are living in extreme poverty, too. But we're not talking about 3rd world countries in this discussion, though ... People in prosperous countries like ours are in a position to treat all animals - domestic/farming - far better than a poor villager in India.

Yes, I eat meat. Was a vegetarian for 15 years, too. I almost never eat red meat, certainly not McDonald's burgers & the like. It is quite possible to be a carnivore & also oppose the inhumane treatment of animals & how they're treated between the farm & the supermarket shelf - transport, slaughter, etc - I do. It is also possible to buy free range chickens & eggs & I do. You do what you can & support ethical producers.

But what all this has to do with questioning whether squashing a defenceless kitten into a glass jar for amusement & entertainment is a reasonable thing to do, I'm not sure ...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 08:24 pm
Linkat wrote:
..The website was actually started my MIT students that were satirizing the human belief of nature as a commodity.
The students were not suggesting that people actually torture kittens. You could compare it to Jonathan Swift when he was not actually suggesting that the rich should eat the children of the poor when he wrote "A Modest Proposal."

Here is a disclaimer on the site I found quite amusingÂ…. "For entertainment purposes only! Not recommended for persons under the age of 18, those with an IQ below 100, the gullible, those lacking a sense of humor, and above all, those who believe in Santa Clause. (It must be noted that Santa himself got quite a chuckle out of it however).
Further, This ad is stictly bogus. All checks and money orders will be donated to the local pet cemetary, who, btw have yet to register any complaints of abuse or unusual activities towards cats, kittens, deformed trees, LongNecks, or clueless retards who believe this..."

I'd argue, that in the process of "satirizing using nature as a commodity" for "entertainment purposes only" they probably scared the kittens they photographed shitless. AND perpetuated the offensive idea that treating animals in this sort of way is OK. A pity one of these clever students didn't volunteer for a similar excercise to see how it feels!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 08:50 pm
Maybe the knew how if felt from reading The Gulag Archepalago. It was a refined KGB technique.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 08:59 pm
... and used "for entertainment purposes only", right, Roger? :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 12:05 am
Entertaining for whom?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 04:46 am
Sorry to be confusing, Roger, I was being cynical. For the KGB. The same as the MIT exercise was for "enertainment purposes".
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:22 am
O-K so, I had to see for myself if stuffing a kitty in a jar would upset them. So I tried it with my two cats. The younger chubby kitty did not seem to like it one bit. He cried and tried frantically to get out. My other kitty is much more laid back and smaller. She just sat there and purred. So I guess it depends on the cat and also the size of it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:08 am
Who says they didn't volunteer for a similar exercise?

http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/75/phonebooth.jpg
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:09 am
cjhsa wrote:
Who says they didn't volunteer for a similar exercise?

http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/75/phonebooth.jpg

I like the guy in the middle with the other guys ass on his head. Laughing
0 Replies

kendrajean32

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 02:20 am
SICK SICK SICK......I understand its not true....but what if it was....how sick. I love kittens...and the shape they are in naturally is good for me Smile How dumb do you have to be to believe such a hoax- or sick do you have to be to want such a kitten? Oh well....
0 Replies

antibonsaikittens

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 05:01 pm
BONSAI KITTENS ARE ANIMAL ABUSE Evil or Very Mad
Evil or Very Mad These kittens are being stuffed into bottles. They are innocent animals that are just about being killed. By doing this act, you are actually making the animal suffer. It is completely unacceptable and must be stopped. If you disagree with me, then there is something wrong with you. Don't you care about G-d's creatures? They have done NOTHING to you. Don't ruin their lives for your pleasure Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

antibonsaikittens

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 05:02 pm
They could be real we can't be too sure. There are photographs of it
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 05:52 pm
I hate cats. Kill 'em and grill 'em.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 06:06 pm
Yes.

Not only is stuffing them in bottles cruel, they'll never get plump enough to make for a tasty stir-fry.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 12:37 am
Re: BONSAI KITTENS ARE ANIMAL ABUSE Evil or Very Mad
antibonsaikittens wrote:
Evil or Very Mad These kittens are being stuffed into bottles. They are innocent animals that are just about being killed. By doing this act, you are actually making the animal suffer. It is completely unacceptable and must be stopped. If you disagree with me, then there is something wrong with you. Don't you care about G-d's creatures? They have done NOTHING to you. Don't ruin their lives for your pleasure Evil or Very Mad

antibonsaikittens

Don't distress yourself. There are some people here who think these sorts of "jokes" are funny. They would never actually support such hideous practices. They're not funny or clever, either. They have no idea how abhorrent their "jokes" are to animal lovers. Oh well .... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 11:26 am
You know how if you fill a can up with water, then shoot it, it will jump up in the air like Michael Jordan at a slam dunk contest?

Cats do that too.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 11:28 am
Well I'm pretty much an animal lover(but I don't really like cats), and would never seriously torture one, but still think the jokes are funny.

SOMEONE GET THE STRAIGHTJACKET!!!
I"M ON THE LOOSE!!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 11:33 am
I don't like animal torture either. I support killing them as swiftly and humanely as possible, then sauteing them with a little butter and garlic.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 12:20 pm
Hey, if someone didn't call me an asshole once in awhile, then I must be doing something wrong.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:27:28