Are Burger King Restaurants Closing in Your Area?

Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:17 am
Are Burger King restaurants closing in your area?

I ask only because in my neck of the woods, Nashville, TN, I've seen about five or six locations close in recent months.

I don't know if there are more closed than the ones I've seen in my random travels in the area, but five locations is unusually high.

The closed stores are longstanding locations in busy parts of town. I at first thought they were closing to remodel, but the buildings are just standing there, boarded up.

I've checked Google and not found any scuttlebut.

Do you know anything about this?

Thanks,
General Tsao
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 21,511 • Replies: 21
Topic Closed
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:20 am
This is almost a year old, but I think that it answers your question:

Quote:
"The financial restructuring of Burger King franchisees could result in the closing of 1,000 or more Burger King units--amounting to a 10-percent reduction of its U.S. system." Franchisees own more than 90 percent of BK's 8,000-plus U.S. restaurants.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3190/is_5_38/ai_113097242
sozobe

Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:20 am
Five of 'em, huh? Weird.

Haven't noticed any closing down around here, but I only pass one regularly.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:21 am
Below is not old.

Estimate: 10% of Burger King Stores Will Close

Burger King Dismisses Talk of Closures
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Mon 24 Jan, 2005 05:39 pm
Verrrry interesting! Of note is the comment in one of the articles that many BK stores are in need of remodeling (to update the image, I presume).

When I worked for McDonald's, the corporation recommended doing a major remodeling every--I think it was--four years.

They also had the sales statistics that backed up spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a remodel. Stores received several points increased sales by remodeling. In a store that does only a million a year, that would equate to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

BK stores, on the other hand, usually look the same as they did 15-20 years ago...except some have that new blue logo.

Thanks, everyone for the help!
0 Replies

Combad57

Wed 19 Feb, 2014 08:04 am
@GeneralTsao,
A Burger King in my neighborhood closed this week. It was just outside the gate at Hot Springs Village AR. There is no burger franchise competitor anywhere near it. It appeared to be a pretty good location.
tsarstepan

Wed 19 Feb, 2014 08:12 am
@Combad57,
My condolences on your loss of a decent burger joint. Tis a sad day for your community. Razz

Just to let you know, you revived a 9 year old thread. The closing of Burger King in your area is highly unlikely to be the same reason for this thread's mass closing of said franchise branches.
0 Replies

Shawn909

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 11:01 am
@GeneralTsao,
I love Burger Kings. None of the ones in my area have closed.
0 Replies

TexsSeaOrca

Mon 6 Jul, 2015 09:09 pm
@GeneralTsao,
Here in Waxahachie TX Our Burger King Restaurant has closed and went out of Buisness. Whats up?
0 Replies

TexsSeaOrca

Mon 6 Jul, 2015 09:11 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Yea here in Waxahachie , Our Burger King is closed and when out of business. I was wondering why?
0 Replies

Elena3408

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 12:32 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Yes, I've driven by 2 that have closed. I was going there for a fish sandwich & the signs were gone! I live in a suburb of Buffalo, NY.
0 Replies

neljoemul

Fri 10 Feb, 2017 02:34 pm
@GeneralTsao,
Just seen your post. I live in Metairie La. There been 3 location closed. Three miles apart
0 Replies

BarbroIsaksson

Tue 23 May, 2017 07:31 am
Below is not old too
tsarstepan

Tue 23 May, 2017 07:37 am
@BarbroIsaksson,
BarbroIsaksson wrote:

Below is not old too

Either, your reading comprehension is terrible or... you're far deeper and more profound than this thread deserves.
InfraBlue

Tue 23 May, 2017 10:02 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

BarbroIsaksson wrote:

Below is not old too

Either, your reading comprehension is terrible or... you're far deeper and more profound than this thread deserves.

They were quipping Craven de Kere's unusual turn of phrase early in this thread.
tsarstepan

Tue 23 May, 2017 11:05 am
@InfraBlue,
He's likely a copy and paste bot. He has already copied and pasted other posts in his other thread replies.
0 Replies

ginagreen

Tue 20 Jun, 2017 01:39 am
@GeneralTsao,
I like the hamburger of Burger Kingļ¼Œ the restaurant in my city is on sale. What's your problem?
0 Replies

johnpfoon

Sat 30 Mar, 2019 07:43 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I live in Sherwood or. and ours is closed, signs gone everything gone. 4-1-2019
0 Replies

kenmiller

Wed 15 May, 2019 04:05 am
@GeneralTsao,
None of one has closed in my area.
tsarstepan

Wed 15 May, 2019 06:09 am
@kenmiller,
kenmiller wrote:

None of one has closed in my area.

Bizarrely worded post and poorly timed since this is a 14 year old thread.