Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news

Ionus

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 08:57 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
but scientists warned that the next solar transition will not be enough to save the world from global warming.

Translation : keep the money coming, we are loving the life style..if it weren't for GW we would be struggling to get money from childhood disease research and those little bastards can really soak up the news print .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 10:46 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Translation : keep the money coming, we are loving the life style..
You know those persons from the Met Office Hadley Centre in Exeter who wrote that study?
Ionus

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 04:59 am
@Walter Hinteler,
No . How is that relevant to a criticism of scientists and funding ? Do you know of any scientists who said we cant accept funding to prove GW because we found in the negative ?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 05:53 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
No . How is that relevant to a criticism of scientists and funding ?
I didn't question anything about there work as scientists and/funding of the work.

I asked that above question because
you wrote:
Translation : keep the money coming, we are loving the life style.
parados

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 07:42 am
@Ionus,
We also know that the earth will get warmer.. that is a 100% chance.
The only question is what will happen in the next few hundred years. In that instance the chance of the earth getting warmer is well over 50%. I find it funny that you want us to rely on the 15% chance and ignore the 85% chance. Care to play poker some time? I would love to take your money.
Ionus

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 09:27 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Quote:
No . How is that relevant to a criticism of scientists and funding ?
I didn't question anything about there work as scientists and/funding of the work.
??? I did . I criticised them and ask you how is knowing them personally relevant to a general criticism . This is another one of your confusing posts .
Ionus

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 09:30 am
@parados,
Quote:
In that instance the chance of the earth getting warmer is well over 50%.
Who said that ? Laughing You ? Al (thanks for the money, chumps) Gore ?

Quote:
I find it funny that you want us to rely on the 15% chance
I find it funny that you want us to rely on the 15% chance being 0% chance .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 09:46 am
@Ionus,
My question isn't and wasn't about general criticism.

Again:
you wrote:
Translation : keep the money coming, we are loving the life style.

You translated the report or parts of the report to the above quoted sentence.
That indicates, you know something more about them - otherwise you couldn't read between the lines. You quite a lot, since you even can translate what was written. And you must know something about their lifestyle, because your translation says that they need the money coming for it.
hingehead

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 05:25 pm
This article is a great long read, but the chapter on energy and atmospheric carbon is beautifully written for anyone who wants a non-histrionic, non-overly technical explanation of the issues and evidence. Can't recommend it highly enough. Gave me some insights and new ways of looking at things.

http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/06/how-tesla-will-change-your-life.html#part1
ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 05:54 pm
@hingehead,
Thanks. Will save this to read.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 07:48 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
No, I didnt translate anything . It is a mechanism to explain a hidden meaning . I repeat, it was directed at all scientists .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 07:59 pm
@hingehead,
Thats a typical technique to fool the unknowing . Get a whole stack of facts, put bullshit in the middle, and it'll fool the peasants every time . It is also shameless advertising .
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 03:19 pm
@hingehead,
I love Wait But Why. The author (Tim Urban) never fails to make me laugh and think. He can boil down things - not many people are that synthetic.

http://28oa9i1t08037ue3m1l0i861.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/temp-spectrum.png
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 04:16 pm
@hingehead,
I've nabbed it to read.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 08:42 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
To mark the final day of the 65th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting, on Friday, 3 July, over 30 Nobel laureates assembled on Mainau Island on Lake Constance signed a declaration on climate change. The "Mainau Declaration 2015 on Climate Change" states "that the nations of the world must take the opportunity at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris in December 2015 to take decisive action to limit future global emissions." It is expected that a new international agreement on climate protection will be approved at the 21st UN Climate Conference to succeed the Kyoto Protocol.[...]
The Mainau Declaration 2015 is the result of an initiative on the part of Nobel Science Laureates who took part in the 65th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting. The signatories to the declaration have all been awarded Nobel Prizes in physiology or medicine, in physics or in chemistry. Some of the laureates who have not attended the final day of the meeting had already put their names to the declaration earlier at Lindau. [...]
Source

Quote:
http://i61.tinypic.com/11jm1k5.jpg
We undersigned scientists, who have been awarded Nobel Prizes, have come to the shores of Lake Constance in southern Germany, to share insights with promising young researchers, who like us come from around the world. Nearly 60 years ago, here on Mainau, a similar gathering of Nobel Laureates in science issued a declaration of the dangers inherent in the newly found technology of nuclear weapons—a technology derived from advances in basic science. So far we have avoided nuclear war though the threat remains. We believe that our world today faces another threat of comparable magnitude.
... ... ... ... ... ...
Source
Olivier5

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 07:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
The Paris conference is nothing to bank on, or worry about: the NSA and GCHQ are already busy plotting every nation's position and argument to make sure they can manipulate them, come December, into taking no important decision at all. Our children and grand children will thank them.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 09:36 pm
Quote:
They have this statement that the cost of solar photoelectric is the same as hydrocarbon's. And that us one of those misleadingly meaningless statements.

Bill Gates
Atlantic Nov 2015 pg 62

LOVE IT!
hingehead

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 09:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Why?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 09:43 pm
@hingehead,
Because it rolls off the tongue so well, and it gets in just three words to the depths of the frauds being bandied about by the elite, and to how badly language is being abused for political purposes. I also like how he hints that all of this is common today.

Plus I have never heard this one before. I assume Gates did not come up with it, but since it is new to me, and really nifty, I thought I would give a shout out.
parados

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2015 07:07 am
@hawkeye10,
Perhaps you need to read the entire article hawk.

Quote:
Without a substantial carbon tax, there’s no incentive for innovators or plant buyers to switch.

Quote:
Realistically, we may not get more than a doubling in government funding of energy R&D—but I would love to see a tripling

Quote:
in the near term, the Pacific oscillation, this El Niño thing, has a much bigger impact on current weather than climate change has had so far. Now, climate change keeps climbing all the time—it just keeps summing, summing, summing, and adding up. So, as you get up to 2050, 2080, 2100, its effect overwhelms the Pacific oscillation.

Quote:
That’s why we really need to solve that dilemma, we need innovation that gives us energy that’s cheaper than today’s hydrocarbon energy, that has zero CO2 emissions, and that’s as reliable as today’s overall energy system. And when you put all those requirements together, we need an energy miracle.

0 Replies