CBS Implodes

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:36 pm
http://www.observer.com/pages/nytv.asp

Quote:

CBS News Roiling, 60 Minutes Four Refuse to Yield

by Joe Hagan

More than a week after CBS News released its ostensibly final, tortured, novella-length report on the suspicious-document scandal at 60 Minutes Wednesday, some basic matters in the case are even less settled than before-starting with the fate of the four employees the network singled out for dismissal on Jan. 10.

Producer Mary Mapes, who was fired, has released a statement saying that she had done nothing wrong in preparing the Sept. 8, 2004, report or in the aftermath. And the three staffers who CBS asked to resign�-executive producer Josh Howard, his top deputy Mary Murphy, and CBS News senior vice president Betsy West�-have declined to actually tender their resignations.

The trio has remained silent, but all three are consulting with lawyers about the possibility of bringing legal action against CBS News.

As critics continue to question how CBS News president Andrew Heyward survived the upheaval that took out his underlings, the gaps in the official narrative of events suggest there may be one or more alternate versions of what happened. .....

A$$#oles do not take falls for other A$$#oles. This is going to get real ugly, real soon.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,290 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:24 am
Who cares?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 03:48 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Who cares?

I know, I know, you believe that having John the F'ing gigolo Kerry for president would be such a good thing that it doesn't matter what has to happen in order to accomplish it.

The good news is you didn't succeed at it and you're not gonna succeed at it any time soon.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 05:38 am
More commentary:

http://observer.com/pages/frontpage4.asp

Ron Rosenbaum

Quote:
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:06 am
Boy, now I really don't care.

John the F'ing gigolo Kerry? Now there's rightwing eloquence for ya...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:17 am
Oh, I think you do care, but are attempting to get in with the cool kids by expressing your lack of caring. Twice.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:19 am
Yeah, that's me, a "cool" kid. Laughing
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:28 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Boy, now I really don't care.

John the F'ing gigolo Kerry? Now there's rightwing eloquence for ya...

Kinda like all that left-wing eloquence in all the Bush references over the last few years.

Both sides need to grow up if you ask me. Of course, nobody did. That's what us rats get for sneaking around listening to everyone's conversations. :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:29 am
McG Very Happy
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 04:46 pm
The brownshirts will not relent until all others goosestep and bleat properly upon their command... or until the brownshirts are once again revealed for the inhumane brutes they really are.

Neccessity dictates that this sort of thing be done every 50 years or so... because intergenerational memories are short.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 04:49 pm
gunga is just mad because CBS is mean to his girlfriend gw....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 04:52 pm
face it...the alphabet conglomerates are done...as far as being a monopoly for news on TV. It's just as well. Who needs talking heads telling us what to think in sonorous tones? Let the truth prevail over the internet and cable and any other way that it can be broadcast.
Dan Rather....is a contemptible non-entity and has proven himself to be additionally...morally bankrupt.
0 Replies