Do you talk to your fish?

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 07:43 am
In the morning I great my fish and of course at the sound of my voice they rush up to the top of the tank and truly it seems like they are happy to see me or it could be the food? In any case I talk to them thourgh out the day and give them a kiss, kiss at night before I shut off the lights they always swim toward my voice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,182 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Thinkzinc

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 04:56 am
You have nice smart fish Smile
I had a really smart goldfish, it would dance to music as I waved my hand back and forth in front of it, following my fingers. And when I held my finger at the glass, it knew that if it swam up and 'kissed' (glup glupped at!) it, then I would feed it. If it wasn't hungry, it wouldn't come over. But it died Sad
My new goldfish are both very stupid, they don't even associate the sound of me shaking the food container with getting fed, Pavlov would be very disappointed! I still talk to them though Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 05:44 am
I don't have any - but I would if I did - I talk to other people's fish.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 08:54 pm
I dont have long conversations with them but, yes I certainly greet them after the cats are satisfied with their greetings.
Lately Ive been having long gazes exchanged with them, Ive lost gosh 3 or 4 in the last week, so Im a bit worried. Especially since my guppy is about to have babies, and shes the only guppy left.
One of my albino catfish hurt himself, and Id like to ask the other one if he wants company or just needs time, I dont know though...I think I might need time anyway.
Funny that we talk to our pets, all kinds.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 08:58 pm
I had a gold fish for a few years and I'd talk to it daily. Just because I do that sort of thing. Not because I think it liked it.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 09:00 pm
Perhaps its just about communication, not about like?

dont know.

It is sort of, either you talk to your animals, or you dont.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 09:04 pm
yep, I always ask Bootsie (the dog) if she's hungry as I'm getting her food. She knows what the word is. The cat gets the same monologue, but doesn't know what the word means. I used to say it to the fish too. It's just the way I am.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 09:09 pm
My cats know what hungry or breakfast is...Cleo knows nighty night and Zoey knows Be A Good Girl. funny what they can learn when you repeat it over and over....
then again...
Cleo knows NO, Zoey doesnt
Its selective, Im sure.

Yeah, thinking about it, I guess I do say the same things to the fish.
Perhaps its just pet language.....universal thing.
Plants might count too, for those that have plants, and well, talk to them.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 09:11 pm
Yep, I talk to my plants. Mostly to apologise for letting them dry out.
0 Replies