2

Fascism and Bush

Frank Apisa

1  
Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 08:21 am
McGentrix wrote:
PDiddie wrote:
I apologize for the following digression. It has no more to do with fascism and Bush than does Dan Rather and whatever it is gungasnake is babbling about.

(Bold emphasis is mine; thanks to Billmon, whose Whiskey Barappears to be open again):

The Washington Post wrote:
President Bush plans to reactivate his reelection campaign's network of donors and activists to build pressure on lawmakers to allow workers to invest part of their Social Security taxes in the stock market . . . The campaign will use Bush's campaign-honed techniques of mass repetition, never deviating from the script and using the politics of fear to build support

"Social Security Push to Tap GOP Faithful", January 12, 2005

Adolph Hitler wrote:
The receptive powers of the masses are very restricted, and their understanding is feeble. On the other hand, they quickly forget. Such being the case, all effective propaganda must be confined to a few bare essentials and those must be expressed as far as possible in stereotyped formulas . . . only constant repetition will finally succeed in imprinting an idea on the memory of the crowd.

Mein Kampf, 1925

You are comparing a writers interpretation of the Bush administration and comparing it to what Hitler wrote? What purpose does that serve?

You have to ask??????

McGentrix

1  
Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 08:35 am
Yeah, on the surface it likes like a slanderous attempt to again link Bush with Hitler, but it's just a bit more disinguous than usual.

Ticomaya

1  
Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 10:16 am
I never thought about it before, but it makes so much sense ... I mean, all those years that my teachers kept repeating those lessons, forcing me to learn ... lessons that the government told them to teach me ... telling me that if I didn't learn I wouldn't graduate from high school and would end up living under a bridge ....

... It was just another fascist technique of propaganda. And now, all these years later ... I am but a tool for the bourgeoisie. http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/angry/rant.gif

PDiddie

1  
Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 10:28 am
I agree with the tool part, in any event.