Why does my cursor float around on its own volition?

TTH

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 02:34 am
Thanks timber I was having that problem too and I saw this post so I read what was written, cleaned the pad that the mouse is on and puff problem
solved. I am glad I looked here.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 08:15 am
timberlandko wrote:
eoe wrote:
... It was the mousepad, old and shiny from use and the light from the optical mouse was bouncing around on it and off of it ...

It took me two years to figure that out!!

Laughing Pay attention, will ya -
Back in [url=http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1697349#1697349]November of '05[/url], timber wrote:
... or it could be the surface you're using for the optical mouse is too reflective ...

It just didn't register, timber. It wasn't a glass or plastic surface. How was I to know that the pad could grow slick with use?? It just never occurred to me but I tell you, it was driving me insane. I couldn't imagine how much time was lost daily, running around the screen trying to catch that cursor, usually with an image or a block of copy attached to it. What a relief that it's now a thing of the past.
0 Replies