Scott Peterson Sentenced to Death by Lethal Injection

cjhsa

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 03:53 pm
Now, let's see if they actually do it or we pay to house and feed him for 50 years.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 4,572 • Replies: 47
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 03:56 pm
It couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 04:20 pm
How true about housing him for 50 yearsÂ…."Peterson still might not be executed for decades, if ever. That is because California's death row has grown to house about 650 condemned men and women since the state brought back capital punishment in 1978. Since then, only 10 executions have been carried out -- the last one in 2002. It can take years for even the first phase of the appeals process to begin."
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 04:22 pm
Linkat wrote:
How true about housing him for 50 yearsÂ…."Peterson still might not be executed for decades, if ever. That is because California's death row has grown to house about 650 condemned men and women since the state brought back capital punishment in 1978. Since then, only 10 executions have been carried out -- the last one in 2002. It can take years for even the first phase of the appeals process to begin."

What's the point of condenming someone to death? What a waste. Just give him life. He probably knows he will die an old man anyway, instead of leathal injection the way our court system goes. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 04:27 pm
I doubt he "dies an old man" either way. It's been suggested that other inmates will try and kill him for his having killed baby Conner. Being on death row will segregate him from the general population, so he will probably live longer. But they got to Dahmer.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 04:27 pm
Well, peculiarly enough, he will probably be safer in the meantime, on death row. According to some commentators, because of the nature of the crime, Peterson would not last very long in the general prison population population. Seems that cons don't care much for men who kill pregnant women.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 04:28 pm
Ticomaya- Great minds.......... Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 04:32 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Ticomaya- Great minds.......... Laughing

Jinx.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 06:24 pm
Charles ng was arrested in 1985, it took until 1999 for him to be convicted of killing 6 men, 3 women and two baby boys.

Two of the torture-rape- murder victims were on videotape being murdered. He was sentenced to death.

He is currently appealing that his sentence is too harsh.

It is estimated that the appeals process could run until 2015 by which time the american taxpayer will have stumped up around $20 million, and Ng will have been in jail for 30 years.

Do you feel as I do that there is something wrong with this picture?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 06:57 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
I doubt he "dies an old man" either way. It's been suggested that other inmates will try and kill him for his having killed baby Conner. Being on death row will segregate him from the general population, so he will probably live longer. But they got to Dahmer.
Dahmer was sentenced to life. Wisconsin doesn't have a death penalty.:wink::wink::wink: They actually refused Ohio's extradition request for fear that Ohio would want to execute him. Laughing
I'm guessing they didn't have the patience for that! They don't come much guiltier than him, though.

Since there is supposedly no hard evidence linking Scott to Laci's death, I'm guessing he won't be executed until his death sentence is commuted to life in prison (by some girlyman after the governator's gone)and he's moved to general population. I don't think they'll be able to get to him on Death Row. The death sentence may well have prolonged his life when you consider Dahmer didn't last 3 years... and he was pretty scary. (Pretty efficient, eh?)
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 09:40 am
Don1 wrote:

Yes, it's the part about the death penalty.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 12:57 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Don1 wrote:

How so, Joe?

btw, I love your avatar and sig line. It's a very frageelay major award at that! Just make sure the Bumpas' dogs don't get your turkey and you end up at a Chinese restaurant on Christmas Day! And no, you cannot have a Red Rider BB Gun for Christmas. You'll shoot your eye out! Smile
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 01:16 pm
Lady J wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
Don1 wrote:

How so, Joe?
Don't worry Joe, I got you covered here. :wink:
It's because those hypocritical pansies in California refuse to torture him first, right Joe? Laughing
Razz
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 01:19 pm
The death penalty is an atrocity. It speaks to the frontier mentality that still dominates part of the national mind set.

The fact that Texas leads the nation in erroneous convictions for capital crimes speaks for itself...
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 01:56 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Don't worry Joe, I got you covered here. :wink:
It's because those hypocritical pansies in California refuse to torture him first, right Joe? Laughing
Razz

Either get rid of the death penalty or do it right. No half-measures.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 02:50 pm
I hear ya!! If you're gonna do it, do it. Don't half-ass around about it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 03:09 pm
For Peterson, I think the junior varsity firing squad should be good enough.

http://durc.tcd.ie/photos/albums/UCD_Open1_2001/Picture35.jpg
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 03:10 pm
Hold on to your grasp of reality Joe....

There should be no death penalty in the US. There are far too many examples of ineffectiveness and poor results as well as the fact that it ties up far too much court time and is counter-intuitive of the American civilization.

Death is never an answer. (for crimes)
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 04:22 pm
Well, McG, I whole-heartedly agree with you on this one...
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 09:48 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Hold on to your grasp of reality Joe....

There should be no death penalty in the US. There are far too many examples of ineffectiveness and poor results as well as the fact that it ties up far too much court time and is counter-intuitive of the American civilization.

Death is never an answer. (for crimes)

Once again I find myself in agreement with McGentrix. That's twice today. I really do need to check my grasp on reality.
0 Replies