littlek

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 06:38 pm
I slept with Jani-King!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 07:00 pm
Jani-King is, I think, a rock band. You slept with all of them, littlek? How did you get any sleep?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 07:06 pm
I slept the next week.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 07:08 pm
At least they are clean.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 07:09 pm
Not according to the starter-of-this-thread.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 07:14 pm
Did you all ever notice that, with tonight's exceptions, all of the posters had just one entry on A2K?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 07:15 pm
wouldn't it be fun to hear the inside story between those (that) person and the Jani-King franchise? ................... nah, not really.
0 Replies

Bulldawg

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 10:49 pm
Jani_king franchise
Jani-King franchise...Don't do it unless you want a real good fuckin. What arip off. The reason there in the top 10 franchise is they pray on dumb blacks looking for a better life. When they finance you into there franchise and you see what's going on, it's too late. You you pay or go to court or work for less than min. wage. Most are mom and pop operations that make up this rip off. the more you try to do better, the more you pay them. STAY AWAY!!!!!!
0 Replies

mhall

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 04:52 am
Realjohnboy.The reason that most people have only one posting is that they are using the board for real information and not flippant comments. I have found the board through researching many Jan-King franchisee stories - a few good, many bad. I have seen life savings dissapear. Most of the people with bad news should have known better, but that does not make Jani-King morally correct. Making people sign every individual page of a franchise agreement? - that would flash warning signs in anyones mind apart from, it sems, Jani King franchisees.

I respect the thousnads of postings you have made and I am sure some people will find it funny that people have lost homes, marriages and much more, I appreciate that most people dont give a flying fanny about other people. But some people do and they came on the board for help or to help.
0 Replies

justwantout

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 03:42 pm
Wanting Out
Hey Bulldawg,

Very educated and business savvy black person here. Just to let you know, not all dumb blacks invest in and get skrewed by Janiking. Anybody out there know how to get out of this thing without the financial consequences of legal action? At this point, I'm thinking of just taking the loss of my initial investment and walking away.
0 Replies

cleanup

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 02:21 pm
Crying or Very sad
To "justwantout" there is an old saying "You're first loss is your best loss".
If you try anything after you have signed your contract they have you by the short & curlies. Any dispute they will suspend your franchise, any legal letter with more than one point of contention in, will be replied to EACH POINT raised in individual letters, then your legal representative will have to reply individually to every letter, running up massive legal fees. They will them prolong the action for as long as possible. You will never beat them as they have YOUR MONEY to legally fight you.
IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT OR EVEN IF YOU CAN'T WALK AWAY NOW, DON'T THROW GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD.
0 Replies

justwantout

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 01:34 pm
Thanks Cleanup - One More Question
I've been in this thing for about one year. If I walk away, are they going to pursue me for additional cost, legal fees, loan amounts, etc.?
0 Replies

thickhead

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 12:56 am
Re: Thanks Cleanup - One More Question
justwantout wrote:
I've been in this thing for about one year. If I walk away, are they going to pursue me for additional cost, legal fees, loan amounts, etc.?
They will threaten all kinds of action if you try to get any money back from them. Any loans you aquired to buy into JK are your responsibility and you will have to repay.If they suspect you are speaking to outsiders their "legal team" will put the frighteners on you ( court action to recover future lost revenue if you walk away, breech of contract etc).
Speak to a solicitor about your concerns. Did you take legal advice before you signed up ? Ask him to check your franchise agreement.
Use your Business Manager at the Bank. Are JK meeting the Business Plan they used to sell you the franchise ?
Have you indemnity insurance to protect your loan repayment in case of a business failure?
Jani King are aware of this website and will try to find you, so be very careful what you say, and ensure they cannot track you down.
I have been through the same experience as you and managed to get out, but I could not afford to pursue JK through the courts for my money.
If you care to send me a PM I will let you know how I was able to get out of the mess you also find yourself in.
0 Replies

raiderintn

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 06:18 pm
Cleaned out gives bad info
Cleaned out needs to provide good info regarding Jani-King information. His info is skewed, probably did not follow the outline for the franchise. I know several franchise owners in the Jani-King system, they make money. Be able to back your info up, because you are passing on bad information to people. You are so far off base with your weak comments.
0 Replies

cleanup

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 02:00 pm
raiderintn
Twisted Evil
Can't even get the handle right.
How long have the franchisees, you say are making money, been in the system? For everyone that has been in over 4 years there are 100 that have left. These are facts. Your time will come. We were all like you once.
We all followed the outline and stayed in line and we have all been the most popular franchisee for a while. It does not last. Tell me ANY FRANCHISEE that has seen out the length of the franchise!
Smell the coffee.
0 Replies

jkfranchisee

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:08 pm
JK Franchise
I have a JK franchise and its terrible you can not make money.
For example if you $5000.00 in monthly contracts you give 22% to Jk then you need 40% for labor to help you do the work and you still need one or two more people from your family to help with little or no pay and then you still need about 3% for the supplies you need to do the work and then about 10% for other expenses such as gas and telephone, you need to have a way to be contacted if JK trys to contact you, they charge a fee if you do not call back.
So out of every $100.00 you get $25.00 so it takes alot of contracts to make any money and then you need more money to get people to help you supervise.
So you do the math.
0 Replies

lancediamond

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 04:08 pm
Jani King Franchises
I am considering buying a franchise in Colorado or Nevada. Does anybody have any idea what are realistic income potentials? For example, what are average number of accounts and average gross revenues per account?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 05:30 pm
Re: Jani King Franchises
lancediamond wrote:
I am considering buying a franchise in Colorado or Nevada. Does anybody have any idea what are realistic income potentials? For example, what are average number of accounts and average gross revenues per account?

lance, have your read this thread? I would say from the majority of posters that the profit is somewhere in the negative column.
0 Replies

lancediamond

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 09:29 pm
Is there any good news?
Thanks Green Witch. I have been reading and rarely is there a good word. I guess out of 11,000 franchisees, there ought to be some good news stories. Optimistic?
0 Replies

lancediamond

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 09:51 pm
GB Franchises Difficult
Many of the posts here seem to regard franchises in Great Britain. Is part of the problem that GB is a mature market with less new growth?
0 Replies