pennilessking

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 07:50 am
Glad for you
So happy you did not go with this Franchise. My greatest regret as an adult has been pairing up with JK. Lost a hell of a lot of money and still unable to pay back the debts. Your 40K would have been gone forever, never to be recovered through business or otherwise. JK are the biggest crooks on the planet. Stay well away
0 Replies

ex JK franchisee

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 06:41 pm
jani king gb ltd
having been an ex jani king franchisee all i can say is if you want to hold on to your money please do not go near them , they have caused misery and heartache for years , the way to find out about them ask them to give you in writing how many franchisees are still trading from the last 4 years , it has gone through many changes over the years having promises from the directors they would change but they didn't , the franchise will never work as its is physically impossible for it to work , if you are lucky you might earn the bare minimum , they have unorthodox operating methods resulting in loads of their franchisees walking out on their businesses facing financial ruin , bankrupt, loss of life savings and even their homes , their franchisee agreement is one sided in their favour , if you do make the mistake and still want to sign up if they are that confident about their franchisee ask them for a 60 days full money back guarantee in writing without any clauses of personal guarantees from yourself , they will point blank refuse , they are very good at covering up things and always go on about how big they are they aren't their american company might be but the one in the uk is totally independent , its in their interests to turnover franchiseesas they make more money , spend the extra money and get a proper accountant to look at the sums you will be amazed as their contracts are all underpriced but once you have signed on the dotted line its hard to walk away as they will threathen you with all sorts if you decide to say anything against them , BE WARNED AT YOUR OWN PERIL a few minutes and little cost will tell you truly what they are all about so think twice , and good luck to you all
0 Replies

didlee

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 05:20 pm
SELL A FRANCHISE
Can someone please tell me how does a individual go about selling a successful JK franchise. All contracts were obtained by me and my partner. All 10 employees are loyal and communicate with management very well. I would appreciate any help or suggestions Laughing
0 Replies

thickhead

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 05:41 am
Resale JK Franchise
didlee
God, will you have a problem getting anything worthwhile for your accounts.
If JK find out you are looking to exit the franchise you will be in for a battle.They will look to take them off you for the slightest reason.If JK agree to buy back the accounts, they will only pay you the equivalent of one month invoice value, and sell the same accounts to an existing franchisee for 3 times the monthly invoice value.
If you look outside for a buyer, the proposed candidate will have to buy a franchise( £15k in the UK) and "satisfy" the JK criterea for acceptance as a franchisee, and you can negotiate a selling price with the new franchisee if JK allow it.
It doesn't matter who obtained the accounts, they belong to JK. It will be interesting if you can keep the board updated on your progress, good luck.
0 Replies

didlee

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 11:05 am
SELL A FRANCHISE
THICKHEAD Thanks for the information, I didn't know that JK would buy back the contracts that we currently service. I spoke with JK and they said that they try to help Franchises sell their business, but you'd have to pay them 10% of the total sell price. Evil or Very Mad I didn't tell them that I wanted to sell because I was afraid of the losing the contracts due to retaliation. Do you or anyone else have any suggestions as far as websites to advertise the sell of a franchise? Thanks again for your help and suggestions. Very Happy
0 Replies

backstopbob89

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:57 pm
Not as bad as some here have made it to be
I can't speak to the U.K., but in the USA there are many successful Jani-King franchisees.

For those who think 'anyone can have a cleaning company', if you goal is to clean someone's toilets and empty their trash after you get off work, fine, You can do that. If you want to make real money with the big boys, you'd better get some training, advertising, and marketing know-how.

Jani-King will give you back what you put into it. If you're an incompetent businessman and unwilling to work hard, no franchise is a good idea.

If the GB operation is that crooked, someone needs to investigate it.

http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/news/newsbyid.asp?id=25201
0 Replies

bravo1114

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 08:58 pm
Alot of you are being severely misinformed!
thickhead wrote:
Keep your inheritance, keep your savings, keep your sanity. Give Ian Thomas and Paul Howarth nothing. If you aquire your own accounts, they will belong to JK(read the agreement). If the client complains or threatens to cancel, the account will be transferred to another franchisee who will pay JK for the work you did in getting the account.
There are no Jani-Millionaires in the UK. You will be their slave for years to come if you join them. KEEP AWAY FROM JK.
If you want to be your own boss, it cannot be done with JK.
If you want to be the owner of a cleaning company, do it yourself...it isn't too difficult. Firstly, join a local cleaning company for a couple of months and see how it works. You will then know if cleaning is for you.
Join your local trade/business organisations to build up some contacts.
Take out a free advertisement in Yellow Pages. I get at least one enquiry per week via Yell.
Print some fliers and drop them off around your trading area. Speak to other cleaners. They will know where there might be some business coming up in the future. I have an account that JK used to have a couple of years ago. The cleaner told me that JK was to be "blown out" and a new cleaning company was needed. I was able to walk in as JK left.
At the end of the day, if this doesn't work, your cash is still in your pocket and you can try something else.
Quote:

J
Quote:
Jani king is a great choice for a franchise. go into a janiking office and learn the facts!!! all of this is just bashing the company.
0 Replies

bravo1114

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 08:59 pm
Alot of you are being severely misinformed!
thickhead wrote:
Keep your inheritance, keep your savings, keep your sanity. Give Ian Thomas and Paul Howarth nothing. If you aquire your own accounts, they will belong to JK(read the agreement). If the client complains or threatens to cancel, the account will be transferred to another franchisee who will pay JK for the work you did in getting the account.
There are no Jani-Millionaires in the UK. You will be their slave for years to come if you join them. KEEP AWAY FROM JK.
If you want to be your own boss, it cannot be done with JK.
If you want to be the owner of a cleaning company, do it yourself...it isn't too difficult. Firstly, join a local cleaning company for a couple of months and see how it works. You will then know if cleaning is for you.
Join your local trade/business organisations to build up some contacts.
Take out a free advertisement in Yellow Pages. I get at least one enquiry per week via Yell.
Print some fliers and drop them off around your trading area. Speak to other cleaners. They will know where there might be some business coming up in the future. I have an account that JK used to have a couple of years ago. The cleaner told me that JK was to be "blown out" and a new cleaning company was needed. I was able to walk in as JK left.
At the end of the day, if this doesn't work, your cash is still in your pocket and you can try something else.
Quote:

J
Quote:
Jani king is a great choice for a franchise. go into a janiking office and learn the facts!!! all of this is just bashing the company.
Quote:
0 Replies

bravo1114

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:09 pm
Most of you are completely misinformed Jani king is great !
If you want to buy a franchise go into your local Jani King office and get the facts. these people are so wrong in what they are saying. If you want to know the truth go in and get a copy of there uniform offering circular.
they are governed by the federal trade commission evrything in that book is fact. The people who complain usually are not very good business people..
0 Replies

spawnupe

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 02:13 pm
This is interesting
I am about to buy a franchise in the Philadelphia, Pa area. I am on the borderline with buying a franchise. I do not hear too many good things about Jani king. Although, I have some good experience in making good business decisions. I would like to hear the pros and cons of this option, vs. just the cons. Is this to say that there are no pros?

Trying to make a balanced decision.
0 Replies

spawnupe

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 01:08 pm
Just wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts?
0 Replies

cleanup

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 03:41 pm
TREAT LIKE LEPERS STAY AWAY
Crying or Very sad
If anyone is considering joining Jani King DO NOT!
Been there. Done that. Got the tee shirt.
No one lasts in JK, not even the office staff.
There moto is"GET THEM IN, GET THEIR MONEY, GET THEM OUT.
It is a 20 year franchise try and find anyone that has been there longer than 7 years and making a good living. Only a couple I know of, Ian Fick, (if he is still there) only because he had all the hotels (Travel Inns) which JK would have lost if he left, and one other.
They promise everything to get you in, then DICTATE once they have you.
They will send Operation Managers around to find fault then fine you. Once you have paid for an account they will find a reason to take it off you and sell it again to another franchisee.
If you speak out of line or challenge them you become an outcast and will not be offered anymore work.
They collect all the money from the accounts and hold onto it for weeks before passing it on to you and will take all their fees from the first ones to pay.
You have to use their branded cleaning products which are TWICE the price you can purchase them for yourself from local supplies.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNed
BEWARE OF JANI KING
0 Replies

cleanup

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 01:22 pm
Re: Most of you are completely misinformed Jani king is grea
LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD BRAVO! J.K. ARE ANYTHING BUT GREAT! THERE ARE NO LOCAL J.K. OFFICES. ALWAYS PROMISED THEM, LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE AT J.K. BROKEN PROMISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AS YOU WILL FIND OUT GIVEN TIME. LIKE THE REST OF US MUGS. THERE HAVE BEEN 500+ FRANCHISEES LEFT J.K. (GB) INCLUDING SOLICITORS AND BANK MANAGERS, WE MUST HAVE BEEN SOME GOOD AT BUSINESS TO AFORD THE AVERAGE £40K (Plan 5 plus equipment) IN THE FIRST PLACE. WE WERE ALL KINDS OF BUSINESS PEOPLE, ALL CONNED. JOIN THE CLUB
bravo1114 wrote:
If you want to buy a franchise go into your local Jani King office and get the facts. these people are so wrong in what they are saying. If you want to know the truth go in and get a copy of there uniform offering circular.
they are governed by the federal trade commission evrything in that book is fact. The people who complain usually are not very good business people..
0 Replies

cleanercouple

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 10:32 am
More low-down on these low-down creeps.
The only thing that Jani-King is good at is cleaning out the pockets of their franchisees. These folks are BAD news! It is not really so amazing that they have been able to get away with it for so long, since in your contract you can only contest them in a Dallas court. Know what your chances of winning there are??? Zippo! Plus the expense! Most offices never fulfill their commitments to the franchisees, and after a while they just give up. Though most of the franchisees are decent enough folk, they have sold franchises to all kinds of scum - just to make another sale. They only recently started doing a very limited background check.

On the sales end, they pay their sales reps barely enough to get by. The average rep lasts just a few months, every one of them just waiting for a better job. I got my cousin a job with them when I was still a franchisee. He will never forgive me for that, but the stories he tells are amazing. They screw everyone. Regional Managers are the worst of the lot, but most of them oly last a year, two maximum. The entire office staff are miserable and hate going to work there. I do feel sorry for the Operations guys/gals as they get beaten into the ground with ridiculous working hours including having to cover weekends.

Do NOT give these bastards the time of day! My suggestion is to do it on your own, get a job as a cleaner for a few weeks to learn that part of the biz and then leave. As for getting business, do as I did. Make friends with one of the sales reps and go out with them to learn the selling part and then bill at a rate of a dollar or two less per hour. That's a much better deal than you will EVER get with a JK account. I've been out of JK for a year now, but still keep relationships with the sales guys, picking up what they do not get by going back and under-cutting the JK proposal. I pay a nice finder's fee to the reps for this, so we both make out OK on the deal. They will also tell you what JK accounts are in trouble so you can swoop in and steal the account before they know that they've lost it. I help those folks in composing their contract cancellation letters! There is nothing wrong with stealing the bread crumbs from JK, soon you will have enough for a loaf of bread (or a whole bakery!)

JK is a rip-off of the first order! STAY AWAY, you'll be glad you did.
Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 04:52 am
IMPORTANT:

Jani-King has demanded that Able2Know remove this topic due to "defamatory" postings. We have indicated that we are not responsible for third party postings on our website, that no substantiation of the claim that defamation occurred was given and that we do not censor criticism without good reason.

That being said please note that you are responsible for any defamatory postings and it is possible, if unlikely, that Able2Know would be subpoenaed to provide the IP addresses of posters, in which case we'd likely be legally bound to comply (as with the poster's ISP to whom the next subpoena would be directed).

If you've made hyperbolic or false claims here, you should retract them and/or request that the moderators redact your comments*.

* give them post IDs to edit through the help desk (the "help" link in the footer)
0 Replies

cleanercouple

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:46 am
Jani-King's Newest scam...
Just recently heard from a friend in Illinois that JK secured a $2 Million contract for cleaning a school district. The coment she overheard was that any franchisee has a better chance of seeing Mr. Cavanaugh not in need of medication Confused than in getting a share of this business, Seems that by the Regional Office hiring their own staff and cutting out the franchisees (to whom they are obligated!), they can turn a VERY decent profit for the R.O., even after paying out for unmet commitment or obligations. Word from Dallas is that all sales reps should double their per-hour cleaning rates to get more biz, even though there is no way it will even come close to turning a profit. Again - screw the franchisee! Twisted Evil This is all being orchestrated by Jeff, the VERY young VP of Sales who spends most of his nights in the field in the hottest local 'leather bars' looking for some dominance and relief. Just how did he get that job, after having already quitting for a few months??? The guy is a total snake with no respect for anyone but Himself. BTW, I just got another good account that JK blew in a week, thanks to my inside source. Happy upcoming Ground Hog Day!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

dotingjupiter

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 05:33 pm
I would be very careful with Jani King, i work within the uk as an area supervisor, my boss has been walked all over by Jani King in their pursuit of profit, rumours of under quoting ARE true and will leave you running contracts at a loss! they are very quick to take work off you if client so much as sneezes but when you ask for help requoting aforemetioned contracts they do not want to know. Will run great for a while, then start hitting you with contract audit problems you have no control over then charging you for the privilage!!
Dont get me wrong, the whole concept of Jani King is a very good one, if they would support the franchiees instead of just using them as cash machines.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 06:31 pm
Jani-King slept with my wife!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 06:35 pm
Jani-King slept with my husband!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 06:38 pm
Jani King has weapons of mass destruction.