[answered]Browser Security Settings

cjhsa

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 10:33 am
If I set the Privacy settings (cookies) on IE 6.x to anything higher than Medium, I cannot get this site to load.

I have Pest Patrol installed and the Cookie Patrol is going nuts over Spyware whenever I visit this site. I'm seeing cookies from Tribalfusion, adknowledge, realmedia, z1.adserver, to name a few.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,734 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 02:26 am
Many spyware programs define any cookies by ad servers as "tracking cookies" (for the most part they are just tracking whether the ad had been seen so they can show another).

They aren't spyware (aren't "ware" at all) but those programs do it to get an edge over their counterparts and find things that the others don't.

The ad servers you name are some of the leading ad networks in the business.

If you want to block their cookies then it should cause no problems for able2know just their ad serving, though I have no idea what, exactly, you mean by "cannot get this site to load".

Blocking cookies does not make a site not load, it may cause you to become logged out ifyou block the cookie that you stored your login on but it normal browser behavior would not block the site from loading.
0 Replies