Arrogant Bastard Ale

littlek

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 09:27 pm
A few years ago I headed out West with 3 Italian visitors. We went from Las vegas, throught the SW and back to Las Vegas. I spent a tense and uncommunicative several days in Utah. Now, I loooove Utah - the vermillion buttes, the pinyon topped mesas, the majestic canyons. Big sky and bizarre landscapes set aside, they only serve reduced alcohol beer. They rarely serve real coffee. So, as you might imagine, I was itching for a good brew.

I found two beer havens in my meandering. The first was in Cortez, CO near Mesa Verde. A wonderful brew-pub satisfied all my cravings for good drink and good food at once. Next, in AZ, at the edge of the grand canyon, I found Arrogant Bastard Ale. I fell in love. Not only was the super-hoppy ale absolutely devine, but the bottle design was very funny (as you can see by the link below). I asked to take the bottle, they said no. I vowed to remember the name, but I forgot. I have found ABA again. At my local liquor store. I'm so happy.

ABA Link
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 8,158 • Replies: 54
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 09:33 pm
as he heads out to the liquor store-----
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 10:14 pm
Hmm, don't think I'll be rushing out to get some. Do like the padlocks on the bottles tho!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 10:21 pm
The store I bought my 20 oz (maybe) bottles at had a huge (2 foot tall) bottle with a pad-lock for $75. Lovely, but a little to rich for my tastes.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 10:28 pm
Very cool littlek, Cortez looked for gold there but you found the real thing.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 10:30 pm
good point, JD!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 06:50 pm
Dyslexia, did you find some to try out?
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 07:03 pm
http://bostonabuzzers.homestead.com/files/175.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 07:08 pm
heeheehee
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 07:13 pm
I'll have to try it.

Tonight would be perfect beer night, but I'm still hurting from last night. Well, maybe one....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 07:15 pm
I'm on my second guinness. I know you can buy it at the harvard wine shop in harvard square, but I don't know where else to find it out this way.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 07:17 pm
Dammit! I've got all kinds of beer here...but no Guinness. That's the one beer I can always drink, hangover or no hangover.

Only once, I couldn't finish a Guinness because I was so hungover I almost got sick. This is a mortal sin...it was the free Guinness at the Guinness brewery in Dublin.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 07:18 pm
Wonder if they have that ABA at Sunset bar in Allston?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 07:18 pm
ouch, how insulted they must have been.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:14 pm
I found Arrogant Bastard Ale at the Bukowski Tavern in Inman Square (Cambridge/Slummerville).
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:07 pm
littlek wrote:
I found Arrogant Bastard Ale at the Bukowski Tavern in Inman Square (Cambridge/Slummerville).
Never seen that one, but over at an upscale pool hall called Gatzby's, you can get Fat Bastard by the glass or bottle. The Merlot is pretty good for a table wine.

http://www.fatbastardwine.com/imgs/fb_merlot.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 11:25 pm
I know Fat Bastard - it's a good brand of vino.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:21 am
You can have your head kicked in for free at the 'Total Bastard' Hotel at Mt Druitt.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 03:12 am
Arrogant Bastard Ale.....excellent, excellent libation! Good choice, mon ami. Smile
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 11:30 am
Littlek, on behalf of a million Lancastrians may I say that we are drooling, if we'd had this stuff on palm sunday in the year of our Lord 1461 at Towton we would have won hands down.
0 Replies