Genealogy....Family Trees? Anyone?

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 03:08 pm
I think I'm glad that I don't know all our family "secrets". I do know that we have a few nuts in our tree...

I have found the Pace line the most interesting. I have it dated back to the Birth of Richard Pace of England in 1587. He married Isabella Smythe (Smith)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard and Isabella (Smythe) Pace: A brief summary of their story
The first Paces in America were Richard Pace and his wife Isabell (or Isabella) (Smythe). The first definite record is of their marriage in Stepney, then a suburb on the eastern side of London, 5 October 1608. He and Isabella were both from Wapping, another suburb. His occupation is listed as "carpenter." Since this area east of London was a center of ship building, he could have been a ship's carpenter. Both Wapping and Stepney are now part of Greater London.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From England to Jamestown : Early Pace History
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 01:09 pm
Well, I've seen lots of European genealogy sites, but I don't quite remember if there are any Chinese ones... Anyone know of any?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 07:58 pm
Ray...go to Ancestor.com and use thier message boards, they have each country listed and pick one, put in your surname and see what comes up. You'd be surprised to find the amount of family that pops up.....searching for the same family members.

Whats so funny to me, is I have found cousins, that I didn't even realize I had.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 12:58 pm
Families branch.

My parents moved to Colorado where my mother found cousins who had gone west 120 years earlier.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 05:17 pm
That is too NEAT........lol

I checked email today, and found distance cousins that had contacted me. We share the same grandparents...
0 Replies

tex

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 02:43 pm
Friddle
Makemeshiver,
Seems my family line goes back to Hans George Friddle on the Brittania. Am told that
George Friddle was born on the boat on the way over. His son(or grandson) is Martin I Friddle of Bedford CO, TN. My mom is a Friddle.

Tim Herny
makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:27 pm
WOW...Tex, that is the SAME LINE.!!!!

SEE, I knew someone in here would know something or eventually find it...

Humm, Tex...we need to see where our tree branches out and where it goes from there...
0 Replies

tex

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 05:20 pm
Branches
Shiver,
Seems I cannot respond to PM until I have been on for awhile.
Hans had a son supposed to have been born on the Britannia on the way over. George was born in Aug 1731. George had a son name Martin. From Martin down I do know.
Martin's son Henry married Sarah Jane Brown. She died in childbirth. Henry remarried a Catherine Nancy Fowler and moved to Hopkins Co, TX. Two brothers were already there.
All three brothers joined the CSA. Henry died of pneumonia though my GGrandfather told my uncle that he died from a mini-ball. Great grandpa was James Alfred Friddle. My grandfather, James Lloyd Friddle used to give nickles to Audie Murphy the WW II war hero.

Martin is supposed to have moved to Bedford CO, TN at about age 11. South of Shelbyville.
Uncle has letters from Henry to his 2nd wife during the war. Also letters from Martin Friddle to his grandson.

Hans would be my 5th great grandfather. Supposed to be from Alsace Germany. SW Germany annexed by France after WW II.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:37 pm
Tex, its the same lineage...I just have to put it together correctly.

Hans George and Solomia Blattner come over on the Britannia in 1731 like you stated, and 15 days before it docked in Philiadelphia, George was born.

http://www.palproject.org/pa/1731brit.htm

(I went back through my papers..I hope I have the lineage right)

If I'm not mistaken, George had a son named George...who is both of our Grandfather. (I may have that wrong...if I do...then there wasn't a George Jr persay)

His first marriage was to the lady mentioned above...with whom he had Casper, Caty, John, Peggy, and Henry.

His second marriage was to Mary with whom he had Mary Catherine, Turley and Martin.

The information I have listed is Martin was born Dec 20th 1797 in Hillsborough, NC and died Oct. 1895 in Flatcreek, Bedford County, Tenn. It also says that he married a Dianna Hudlow in 1818 and had 14 children.

All that aside, I think this is neat. Its pretty damned wild to find people that come from the same family lineage that you did)

Thanks!
0 Replies

tex

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 03:16 pm
Really neat
Shiver,
What maks sit really neat is that I did a search of Google for Hans Gerog Friddle and this forum popped up. There was your post! Now I am not sure if there are two Georges. Martin Friddle was born in 1797 but George was born in 1731. That would make George(born on the boat) 66 y/o when Martin is born! Yet that is what the web says. Martin had 14 kids that lived to be adults. The letters from Martin Friddle ot James Alfred Friddle(his grandson) plus my mother's family remembering "Papa" nails my connection to Martin.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 07:06 pm
Hi Tex...yes, its neat. Click on that link above that I put in there yesterday and it'll take you to the palatine ship, Britannia that brought them over...and some more information. Not only was Hans George on board with family, but his wifes family was on board too.

I'm pretty positive that its the same lineage. I will have to sit down and re-read my history that I have. I was pretty cross-eyed when I wrote that...(I get up at 3:45am to go to work) But will see if I can come up with something else.

Have a great evening!!!
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 02:36 am
wow, interesting topic, makemeshiver, but I wouldn't post all my surnames. You never know someone might start stalking you.
My mother used to love this kind of stuff, now she's into knitting. lol
She traced our ancestry WAY BACK. She bragged about us having connections to royalty...... but, I'm mostly a WASP, with some German.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 08:08 pm
Aww Duke...THanks for the advice, but there are thousands with those last names...except one. Secondly, I'd dare someone to stalk me, they get met with a double barrel shotgun being shoved up thier nose. I'm from the South...LOL
0 Replies

Ken Friddle

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 06:53 am
@tex,
Hey I am a Friddle any chance I can get acces to the Friddle info you are talking about?
Ken Friddle
[email protected]
0 Replies

70fordranger

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 08:03 pm
Hello everyone my name is Jimmy Fredell I am descendant of Israel Friddle. He was a grandfather to me years ago. He was a descendant of hans George Friddle. I have been doing family research with my aunt and I think it is so awesome to find some unknown relatives doing the same. I am 35 yrs old and live in Cleveland county nc. If anyone would like to contact me my email address is [email protected].
0 Replies