The Boy Scouts

RexRed

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 09:10 pm
boomerang wrote:
Thank you for sharing your experience RexReed.

Those guys were complete a**hole jerks.

I hope those boys grew up to be much more tolerant than they were "led" to be by the scout master.

Thanks... people like you are part of the healing...
0 Replies

Idaho

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 08:02 am
Quote:
I think back on the event and I have only negative things to say about the scouts and the leaders. I consider them a completely bigoted and intolerant organization

It sounds like you had a horrible scout leader, but I guess I wouldn't put it past the boys to have thought of those things themselves either - boys can be rotton all on their own.

It does seem a little far-fetched to draw conclusion about an entire organization based on your experience with one troop, however. It's understandable on your part, but is certainly not evidence of widespread bigotry throughout the organization.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 08:12 am
Rex, it pained me to read your account of your scout experience. My experience was very satisfying. It seems the Scoutmaster is the key to the Troop.
The only time things got a little out of hand was at the camps but it was pretty innocent stuff.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 06:45 pm
Idaho wrote:
Quote:
I think back on the event and I have only negative things to say about the scouts and the leaders. I consider them a completely bigoted and intolerant organization

It sounds like you had a horrible scout leader, but I guess I wouldn't put it past the boys to have thought of those things themselves either - boys can be rotton all on their own.

It does seem a little far-fetched to draw conclusion about an entire organization based on your experience with one troop, however. It's understandable on your part, but is certainly not evidence of widespread bigotry throughout the organization.

It is a well known fact that the Boy scouts are intolerant to "out" gay young men... There are many stories across the country of gay people being singled out and booted from the scouts. I am not just an isolated incident... I just wonder how many parents have kept silent about the way their children have been treated by the BSA. I stand by my assessment. The scouts are dangerous for the normal/natural "whatever" development of children. I believe they are bigoted toward homosexual children and that is a crime in my estimation.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 10:58 pm
Do you think that's true today?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 01:28 am
Give me a reason to think not...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 08:00 am
don't be churlish...I asked you.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 04:01 am
I might also mention I am ordained clergy...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 05:54 am
RexRed wrote:
panzade wrote:

You couldn't be more wrong! I am not "churlish" I am handsome and straight acting so all you are doing is showing how you can dig the ditch deeper for whatever "bigoted" reason.. But, what if I was, which i am not... "churlish"?... does that mean I am gay??? I am perceived straight even in "gay" "places" so go bark up some other male macho chauvinist tree... I also had my wood chopping badge too! At eleven years old, one can be "made" churlish when you have sick perverted "scout" leaders that are interested in making "queer" examples of people for their own vain "motivations". I made it thorough... and that has made me even stronger and wiser to prejudice from both sides. GROW UP! I wasn't "churlish" just young looking and they were rank pigs...

http://rexred.com

I am 41 look at me on my website and tell me I am churlish...

Jesus Christ, Rex...look words up in a dictionary before going apeshyt.

He meant...don't be rude, he was only asking a question...which is what the word "churlish" means.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 11:20 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
panzade wrote:

You couldn't be more wrong! I am not "churlish" I am handsome and straight acting so all you are doing is showing how you can dig the ditch deeper for whatever "bigoted" reason.. But, what if I was, which i am not... "churlish"?... does that mean I am gay??? I am perceived straight even in "gay" "places" so go bark up some other male macho chauvinist tree... I also had my wood chopping badge too! At eleven years old, one can be "made" churlish when you have sick perverted "scout" leaders that are interested in making "queer" examples of people for their own vain "motivations". I made it thorough... and that has made me even stronger and wiser to prejudice from both sides. GROW UP! I wasn't "churlish" just young looking and they were rank pigs...

http://rexred.com

I am 41 look at me on my website and tell me I am churlish...

Jesus Christ, Rex...look words up in a dictionary before going apeshyt.

He meant...don't be rude, he was only asking a question...which is what the word "churlish" means.

Frank, I wasn't born yesterday...
I see a pun coming a mile away, don't be so ignorant. Don't assume I am ignorant either.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 11:22 am
Also, Happy Thanksgiving, I hope it is a nice holiday for you all...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 11:26 am
I hope it is an nice holiday for you, too, Rex.

And for everyone in this thread.

Thanksgiving...MY VERY BEST FAVORITE HOLIDAY.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 11:49 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
I hope it is an nice holiday for you, too, Rex.

And for everyone in this thread.

Thanksgiving...MY VERY BEST FAVORITE HOLIDAY.

Me too... I like the 4th of July too, you may remember I celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ in September. September 11th to be precise... I have for over 20 years. I call Christmas in December "Happy Household Holiday".
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 11:54 am
Happy Thanksgiiving Rex, we'll take up your agenda after a short recess

You too Frank.
0 Replies