Movie about Doodling...

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 06:48 pm
It was 1973. In my 5th grade class at Driscoll Elementary (Wilton, CT), things were going well. We has two great teachers (Mrs. Cofer and Mrs. Burns), and a vibrant educational environment. We saw at least one movie per week.

One week, they played a movie that obviously hadn't been previously screened for content. It was about a boy, and the doodles and scrawls he would make in his school notebooks. It started out innocently enough, just abstract designs and depictions of various things. The kind of stuff that I bet anyone can remember doodling when they were a kid.

Then, when he hits about the age of 11 (the age we were at the time), the drawings took on a different content. Now, there were numerous naked ladies running about, shown as if being drawn on the screen.

Since most of the boys in our class (myself included) were engaging in this exact thing, to one degree or another, the reaction was one of unbridled hilarity. The entire class was doubled over in laughter. Of course, once the teachers realized what was happening, they turned off the movie, and that was the last I ever saw of it. I never saw it in its entirety. To this day, it remains a mystery as to the title, the author, and whether or not it still exists in any form.

I hope anyone can help with some leads...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 545 • Replies: 1
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 06:52 pm
I wish you luck!
0 Replies