Ever walked/ran out of a film - not because it was bad?

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 06:34 am
I am wondering if only girls do this...

Basically if I can't handle a movie, if it becomes too invasive or hardcore, I try to stick it out, but if I can't... I go (usually in a flood of tears).

Not assuming the men here have to cry to leave. Smile

I will give you an example:
Boys Don't Cry
I got all the way to the end where she is being raped and humiliated by those three boys, I was already crying like a maniac, but when they pulled the knife, and I know that this is the end, but I couldn't deal with anymore, I ran from the cinema.

Pathetic?
There are more, but I will hold onto those for a bit longer. Embarrassed
Anyone?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,646 • Replies: 44
No top replies

panzade

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:21 am
uhmmm...while I was watching Private Ryan...well the fake butter on the popcorn...it sorta started giving me cramps...and I ran out the aisle knocking peope's drinks over...and barely made it to the stall.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:26 am
I ran out of a midnight showing of Rocky Horror in Winston Salem when the manager was called down because a girl was giving me a blowjob and someone complained......good times....we finished up in the car....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:31 am
Ran out of "The Exorcist", because of the scene where the girl gets a hypodermic in her neck. Started to feel faint, went to the lobby, and layed down on the carpeting, where I had lots of company!

Ran out of "Titanic" and "Twister". The whirling of Twister, and the scene where the Titanic was at an angle, and the furniture was sliding down the ship, affected my inner ear, and I had a dizzy spell.

Ran out of "The Yellow Submarine". The psychedelic colors and quick movements made me both nauseated and dizzy. (Although I did like what I saw, before I got sick)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:33 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Ran out of "The Exorcist", because of the scene where the girl gets a hypodermic in her neck. Started to feel faint, went to the lobby, and layed down on the carpteing, where I had lots of company!

Ran out of "Titanic" and "Twister". The whirling of Twister, and the scene where the Titanic was at an angle, and the furniture was sliding down the ship, affected my inner ear, and I had a dizzy spell.

Ran out of "The Yellow Submarine". The psychedelic colors and quick movements made me both nauseated and dizzy. (Although I did like what I saw, before I got sick)

phoenix you must be a fun date at the State Fair.... :wink:
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:36 am
On my birthday, alone, I ran out of "Body Heat" with Kathleen Turner because she was getting so much heat and at the moment, I wasn't getting any.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:38 am
Quote:
phoenix you must be a fun date at the State Fair....

Bi- It is a pity. I used to love roller coasters, and now I am afraid to go on them. I have a pass to Busch Gardens, and can go any time that I like.

Believe it or not, I once got sick taking my granddaughter on a KIDDY RIDE!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:39 am
eoe wrote:
On my birthday, alone, I ran out of "Body Heat" with Kathleen Turner because she was getting so much heat and at the moment, I wasn't getting any.

poignant
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:40 am
I feel your pain...I can ride rollercoasters, which I love...but anything that puts my feet up over my head and spins in a circle makes me real sick real fast....equilibrium thing I guess.....squinney has to go on those kinds of rides with the cubs....who thankfully are now at the age where they prefer to go off and ride with their friends.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:42 am
eoe wrote:

didn't anyone ever show you the hole in the bottom of the popcorn bag trick? You could have taken care of your needs right there.......
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:55 am
Bear wrote:
I ran out of a midnight showing of Rocky Horror in Winston Salem when the manager was called down because a girl was giving me a blowjob and someone complained......good times....we finished up in the car

Was the woman still attached as your raced from the theater?

It's kind of a funny vision if you think about it. Bear racing from the theater, movements restricted by a human lamprey; little pimply-faced usher racing alongside, sweat pouring down his forehead as he watches Bear and aforementioned lamprey undulating in a sort of twisted, perverse fashion toward the coveted confines of a wreck of a car.

The usher watches in horror as the windows steam up and the lamprey's repetitive movements are obscured. He turns and walks back into the theatre, and vows to be a musician.

He now has a desperate need for the lamprey.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 09:04 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Bear wrote:
I ran out of a midnight showing of Rocky Horror in Winston Salem when the manager was called down because a girl was giving me a blowjob and someone complained......good times....we finished up in the car

Was the woman still attached as your raced from the theater?

It's kind of a funny vision if you think about it. Bear racing from the theater, movements restricted by a human lamprey; little pimply-faced usher racing alongside, sweat pouring down his forehead as he watches Bear and aforementioned lamprey undulating in a sort of twisted, perverse fashion toward the coveted confines of a wreck of a car.

The usher watches in horror as the windows steam up and the lamprey's repetitive movements are obscured. He turns and walks back into the theatre, and vows to be a musician.

He now has a desperate need for the lamprey.

you were there weren't you Gus...chasing me up the aisle...I thought I recognized you...say did your complexion ever clear up?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 09:17 am
I ran out of Moulin Rouge. Okay, that was because it was bad. I turn the channel on any movie where someone is getting badly beaten or tortured.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 09:29 am
Bear & Gus, good morning. LMAO.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 09:33 am
Jaberwocky did it for me.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 09:33 am
Movies are too damned expensive to walk out of these days. That's why we got digital cable. They rush most of the new stuff there anyway, so we can wait, save the money, and then if we don't like it, we can change the channel and not have to go home, as we're already there.
0 Replies

benconservato

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 10:18 am
dear me!
Go the boy tricks!

Yes, I think Phoenix you might be worse than myself with the nausea. I thought I was bad.
I remember when I was a kid, if I even walked up metal stairs that have that gap in them or they were gridded - I would freak out that I was going to fall.

I would have walked out of Titanic for other reasons.
I read something somewhere recently that Leonardo deCaprio thought that his acting was of such a high standard he was making cinematic history... I think he fell from his perch after that.

Not to mention Sean Astin's comments about his role as Samwise in The Lord of the Rings of late.
Les Pauvres! Such delusions.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 11:53 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
eoe wrote:

didn't anyone ever show you the hole in the bottom of the popcorn bag trick? You could have taken care of your needs right there.......

The salt may cause some discomfort, don't you think? But the butter...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 12:12 pm
"Falling Down" was so sweaty and claustrophobic that I just couldn't take it. Luckily we saw it at the combo movie theater/brew pub so I could sit in the lobby drinking and chatting while Mr. B stayed to watch the movie.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 12:21 pm
The Fly made me run before the nightmares started. Almost any 3D movie makes me want to hurl.
0 Replies