WE THE PEOPLE have issues

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 01:47 am
I wanted to put myself in the right mind by properly surrendering to the will of God through the Lordship of Jesus. With that being said, I do not have to talk about what is wrong with America, We have heard enough of that. Let us talk about what is right with America.

We are a country who historically seen the errors of our ways and moved to right our wrongs. We see that by the loads constitutional amendments that guaranteed the rights and liberties to the humble, meek, and weak who once drastically succumb to the powerful elite and the mighty. We generally show compassion in the face of suffering by moving to help and assist people in need so they may be able to achieve a sense of peace and happiness. In addition, we contribute many resources to organizations that promote peace, protection, and relief for both Americans and our would-be friends abroad.

With that being said, it is time that we now become nationalistic and one people. We should now backspace the hyphens and all the preceding letters and finally become just Americans. It will take something though. It will take dedication, determination and going back to reclaim those Judeo-Christian roots and promoting the love, and peace of love as well.

Therefore, instead of talking about what is wrong, lets talk about solutions.

First, we should love our neighbors. That means we are suppose to reach out to one another regardless of our differences. In addition, whether it is the first time or 101st millionth time, we should be eager to make the first move of outreach. That principle can start with the person right next door to your home, or the parent of the person that goes to school with your kid. Dare I say it, I dare, the person who sit across from your political isle.

Next, we should love our neighbors as we love ourselves. That is the American spirit of helping without anything in return. Quietly meeting people needs without retribution because you have the means to do so. Forever and always putting you in the other person's shoes. That is who we are as a people. That means we are not condemning others because we would not condemn ourselves.

Instituting these principles will keep us true to our founding principles and faithful Stewarts to what we believe is right. Equally importantly, we open up the lines of communication by bringing all necessary shareholders to the discussion. Could you imagine people from various classes, cultures, abilities and disciplines all sitting at table for a talk (discussion-full blown argument-to a dialogue) about whatever? Because of the variety of shareholders, they will successfully solve any problem regarding their community or any social ills in America. They will pulled down all prejudices and through tribulation, achieve cohesion. They will make compromises and show commitment to promoting each other. The community at large will be more accepting because all plans will have something that each member of a community can identify with because they were represented. That is why children need to see representation of them in education so they can identify and buy into education. I will put a team like this up against any governing body and all principalities.

This is a great start because we the people have issues. I have more to tell you, but the hour is late. However, some of you may have something to tell me. Let us talk

~Concerned-American~
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 348 • Replies: 0
No top replies