<grins>

Time to ask the question over here ...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 175 • Views: 810,872 • Replies: 12,966

nimh

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 09:29 pm
After a rocky start on Thursday and Friday I had a very nice weekend in Florence, topped by returning home to Anastasia today, so I had lots to smile about ...

I made notes, too, as I have posted much too little on my WMYST threads on Abuzz lately, and I have found that if you stop and take the moment to note everything that does make you smile, on a random day (admittedly a bit more than usual if the random day happens to be a free one spent in Italy Wink, it makes you feel that much more at peace with yourself and the world ... even if or especially when those things are random, trivial, flippant or obscure ... so, while I get around to writing out some of the stuff I noted (too late tonight) - what made you smile, today?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 11:11 pm
Oh goody! I love this thread.

I always seem to come up with sozlet stories, and so, while she makes me smile quite a lot, I'll try to branch out:

Icicles. Had a big long line of perfect, perfect icicles hanging off the rain gutter -- about 2 feet long, pointy, shimmery. Nice.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 11:25 pm
When a little girl (about 7yrs old) came up to me and asked if saying that I sang and danced like Ricky Martin hurt my feelings?
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 01:45 am
The sun was shining today, the first day in about a week, at least it seemed that way. Those dreary days get to me after a while. So I got out, enjoyed the sun and gave a big smile to Mother Nature. I hope for repeat performances for a while now.
Very Happy
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 02:09 am
my girls........everyday Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 05:08 am
Aw, pueo, that's very nice! Very Happy
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 05:13 am
The resumption of the "Serenity Now" topic.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 09:25 am
heeey ... that's cute!

i was logging in the book i left for bookcrossing in firenze, and so i had to start making a new BX zone - italy, tuscany, florence - and it gives you all the places that other bookXers left books at earlier - & there was cafe posta at via pellecini that i'd had a tea and panini at yesterday morning!

and further down, the istituto agronomico per l'oltremaro, the overseas development institute that my colleagues in florence whom i was visiting had organised this meeting at, that was the first thing that i went to in this job, two years ago! beautiful garden, it had ... <smiles>. that's cool ;-)
jespah

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 10:32 am
The appearance of this topic made me smile. :-D
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 09:20 pm
oh mygoodness....
this made me smile Smile

Other than that...humm..let me think.
Mom sent me jokes to start the day...that was good chuckling smiles.
I had to work late but, while letting things run and going outside, I noticed a girl about 6 coming out of the pizza place with her dad, soooo cute...holding her little box of pizza, putting it up to her nose and trying to walk while telling her dad how good it smelled in the middle of main street...that kind of contagious smiling.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 12:24 am
Seeing this topic posted here. Just what I needed.

{{{{{NIMH!!!!!!!!}}}}}
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 12:43 am
It was my day off, so I slept in a little. Later I had lunch with my sweet mom, then did some shopping. I came home and played on the computer a lot - maybe too much, but I enjoyed it. Back to the coal mines tomorrow, hopefully with a smile on my face.
Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 08:23 am
Can't help myself...

Scene: Kitchen

Sozlet spies a raisin under the table.

"Hey! It's a rock! Hey it's a rock! [grabs it] Hey! It's a mooshy rock. I don't like mooshy rocks."
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 08:27 am
Smile Soz, Children can be so wonderful !!!

HAvent had a reason to smile yet since morning, but I am sure it will change once I step outside office !!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 09:29 am
It's still early.... like every day, my pets made me smile just by being the silly critters they are. Some transactions on a2k have too.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 09:29 am
Aaaaawww, how cute, Soz!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 11:25 am
This morning's breakfast - french toast, strawberries and turkey sausage. Just felt like cooking today, rather than rummaging around the fridge for something inspiring.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 01:53 pm
Ok! I just got a silly grin from responding to a guy at an online dating site.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 02:00 pm
HaaaaaaaaBeeeeeeeeeeeBeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The enthusiasm of the email from the lady at the Humane Society telling me how great it was that I was going down to California in a couple of weekends and sure somebody could cover my shift. Like I'd given her the best news she'd had in weeks instead of, as was the case, created more work for her...
0 Replies