The value of a dollar

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 09:30 pm
I am so upset, I get so fed up sometimes with our society today. Money is everything. The world makes it nearly impossible to succeed...Money doesn't define who you are...not really. It is almost futile to find a decent job and make the money it takes to get by in this world. We waste our time in jobs where we don't learn any real skills needed for our future jobs. We are puppets on a string. (Yes, I know there are arguments for this) It's the same with school. We waste so much time on the things that don't matter. Elders wonder why young adults have fucked up values sometimes...It's like that qoute, "The elite household makes the servant a thief then punishes him..." A society is birthed then condemed...This is of no substancial debate, I know, but, I get so overwhelmed at times---
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 495 • Replies: 1
No top replies

rufio

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 09:52 am
I think you have a skewed concept of what it means to "succeed". If you base your concept of success off of your value to other people as a trained hamster on the wheel of capitalism, of course you're nothing but everyone else's bitch. Personally, I think the age where everyone was defined by their carreer (and where a job actually was a life-long carreer) has passed, and we are all of us job-hopping on a somewhat regular basis anyway. The common denominator now is our free time, and our hobbies. Jobs exist merely to put food in our mouths.
0 Replies