Kara

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 12:18 pm
The ingredients are:

1 bag Kraft caramels (unwrapped, which is tedious except for the tasting possibilities)
1 small can evap milk, half to each application
1 box German choc cake mix
1 pkg choc chips (I used Special Dark...yum)
1 stick butter, melted

Add 1/2 can evap milk (6 ounces) and the melted stick of butter to the cake mix. Beat or whisk until blended, then put half of this into a 9 x 13 pan (I greased it first.) Bake this at 350 for ten minutes.

Melt caramels in 1/2 can milk(I used microwave...1 minute, then 1 minute, then about 1 1/2 minutes. Takes some whisking to get it smooth)

Cool cake for about ten minutes, then pour over the caramel mix. Sprinkle the choc chips evenly over the caramel. Then dollop the rest of the cake mix over the top, trying to spread it to cover the choc chips (which is not easy but can be done fairly well.)

Bake a further 20 minutes. Let cool an hour or two, during which time it should firm up. I had to put it in the fridge to get it firm enough to cut into squares.

Try to take this to a party or somewhere you can leave any uneaten brownies. Otherwise, you will find yourself sneaking into the fridge at all hours to swipe another one.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 01:24 pm
Hi Kara! I make those, too. They're always a hit.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 01:45 pm
LOL, Swimpy.

I am having an inner tussle at this very moment over the three brownies left on a plate in the fridge, from the batch I took to a dinner Saturday night.

They are evil....
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 05:10 am
Yum! Thank you, Kara. I'll have to try these very soon.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 07:08 am
Kara, Evil, indeed! Remind me to post my O'Henry Bar recipe. Another diabolical bar.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 03:55 am
Does anyone have a killer pumpkin dessert?
I usually make ordinary pumpkin pies, but my friend does that thing w/ a cake mix and pumpkin, which is delicious... But that's her recipe... I'd like to try something new and spectacular... any ideas what that might be?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 11:37 pm
Time to get started on holiday baking. Here are some videos from Alton Brown's Good Eats show on various aspects of the science of baking:

Pie Crusts:

Part one:

Part two:

Cookies:

Part one:

Part two:

Holiday Cookies

Part one:

Part two:

Fudge

Part one:

Part two:

Bread:

Part one:

Part two:

Fruitcake

Part one:

Part two:

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 04:53 am
@JerryR,
JerryR wrote:

MMM,..I'm making these right now!!

I usually mix them into my assortment of holiday cookies, cause they're easy,..not to mention
(trying my best "Cartman" voice),..."chocolatey and delightful!!" Laughing

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate and white chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.

About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies! I have found a winner, this recipe will be one of my holiday treats this year.
0 Replies

kris123

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 12:01 am
@ehBeth,
Thanks for the recipe!
0 Replies