"Celsius 41.11"

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 10:38 am
Ususally by the time a movie opens I've at least heard something about it so I was surprised when I saw an ad today for a movie called "Celsius 41.11; The Temperature When The Brain Begins To Die".

I guess the movie is a kind of response to the film "Farenheit 9.11".

Have you heard about it?

Who is behind it?

Any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 765 • Replies: 5
No top replies

EamonnKeane

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:30 pm
Actually, 9.11 Fahrenheit converts to -12.8 Celsius
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 07:40 pm
That isn't what the title refers to.

I think they are saying the "liberals" are brain dead - it seems that celsius 41.11 is the temperature your brain overheats and begins to die.

From what I understand the film is supposed to be the anti-Farenheit 9.11.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 07:43 pm
eh i hate that kind of stuff.... i kinda think that political parties shouldnt knock each other but work with each other... yea i know naive but still thats just what i think
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 07:48 pm
There was a review of it in the NYT.

http://movies2.nytimes.com/2004/10/22/movies/22CELS.html

Quote:
Lowering the Subtlety of Political Discourse

By MANOHLA DARGIS
Published: October 22, 2004

If you didn't know where the new film "Celsius 41.11" was coming from you certainly get the picture when the filmmakers cut from an image juxtaposing Michael Moore with Hitler straight to an image of John Kerry and John Edwards. If the juxtaposition weren't so shameless, if the political climate were not so scurrilous, if the country were not actively at war and men, women and children were not dying in that war, this composite triumvirate of Moore-Hitler-Kerry might be easy to laugh off. As it is, it's a depressing indicator of our political discourse and what passes as nonfiction film these days.

It sounds pretty ham-handed. That's just the NYT review though, don't know anything else about it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 09:03 pm
I haven't seen Fareheit 9.11 either but from what I hear many people found it ham-handed too.

On closer inspection I found that the ad listed this web address: www.celsius4111.com, so I went to read up on it.

While I'm certain that this movie differes a great deal with my personal political positions and thought, I kind of like to see both films as a double feature.

Whats the old saying?

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Something like that, anyway.
0 Replies