know of any good psychological horror films

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 10:41 am
"Manhunter" was remade as "Red Dragon" and it's not as successful as the original film. Was that film an omen of what would happen to William Peterson's career in TV on CSI?
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 10:42 am
Letty said:
Quote:
Well, I watched Manhunter last night on American Movie Classics. I thought it was really good. Silence of the Lambs may have been better, but I like William Peterson.

I agree with you Letty, and i think this was a made for TV movie if i am not mistaken...
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 10:48 am
Gorsh, Mr. Wizard, I don't know, 'cause I only saw Peterson in some bad flick called, The Beast, I think. Not good, and as far as I know, the last of Benchley's creatures of the deep.

Here's another that my sister has promised to send me for my birthday:

http://www.tvguide.com/Movies/database/ShowMovie.asp?MI=1342

Somehow, black and white lends itself better to Halloween, and after reading the review, I really want to see it.

Willow, I didn't know that it was a made for TV movie.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 10:52 am
Although there is a "Manhunter" TV movie made long after, the Michael Mann film is a theatrical release and is shown on cable quite often:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091474/
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:00 am
Sorry about that link, yawl. It didn't work quite right. Mr. Wizard's was better.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 12:34 pm
IMDb's pages are almost always the best but I also like www.rottentomatoes.com
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 08:41 am
A somewhat psychological thriller/horror film could be The Cell (featuring J-Lo, who enters the mind of a perverted serial killer in order to find out where his latest victim is hidden).
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 10:04 am
jimimb77 wrote:
know of any good psychological horror films

I recommend my thread about the best horrorfilm. ;-)
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 10:16 pm
...and "The Grudge" is getting skewered by the critics.
0 Replies