Executive Orders

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 12:39 pm
With every executive order he issued, President Obama was berated by political opponents and accused of violating constitutional law. Trump's first day birthed at least one executive order. I eagerly await the firestorm to come.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 16 • Views: 7,320 • Replies: 149

hightor

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 12:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
As a self-styled anti-establishment, anti-Washington figure I guess he can just dismiss any criticism as the belching of frogs from a muddy swamp.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 12:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
Don't hold your breath.
Ignorance about the power of POTUS is common. Most probably contradict their own stance about what past presidents have done.
I wonder if they know anything about Executive Order 9066.
chai2

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 01:23 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

As a self-styled anti-establishment, anti-Washington figure I guess he can just dismiss any criticism as the belching of frogs from a muddy swamp.

He won't ignore it.

He is mentally incapable of doing that.
hightor

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 02:31 pm
@chai2,
No, I don't expect him to ignore criticism but rather to dismiss it as coming from "corrupt professional politicians".
glitterbag

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 02:42 pm
@hightor,
I had to turn off the TV. Trump is speaking to the CIA folks (in front of the memorial wall) lying his ass off and claiming he always worshiped the Intelligence Community. He did manage to work in what a bunch of of dishonest people work for news organizations. Oh, and Michael Flynn jr is mocking the Women's March, he says since they already have equal rights and such, what are they asking for now, free 'Mani-peddies'. Yes junior asswhip, that's what's going to appease American women, free manicures. You are a special sort of stupid aren't you.
centrox

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 03:04 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
that's what's going to appease American women, free manicures. You are a special sort of stupid aren't you.

They will soon be "partying like it's 1933", and not appeasing anyone (except with a bullet). Mark my words.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 03:09 pm
@centrox,
Anyone who talks with a bullet can't be too smart.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 03:12 pm
@glitterbag,
I like what I am seeing of the women's march, including plenty of men joining in with them. I think I'll have to concoct a pink hat, maybe an ordinary straw hat with a bunch of roseate ribbons and pink earrings dotted about on it. This cheers me up a bit.

I already have some earrings playfully attached to one of my hats. Hey, I'm old, I get to look funny peculiar. I was pleased when a young handsome guy stopped me in the grocery store to admire my french beret (except that it's italian... I have 4 of them, different colors, from a wonderful travel shop in
California). I'd consider pink ribbons on one of them, but my design sense says, no!!
Sturgis

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 03:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I wonder if they know anything about Executive Order 9066

If they do, if any one of them has knowledge of it, they'll likely see if they can find a loophole to resurrect it. Either that or try drafting new legislation of equal disgrace. Hopefully, if that were attempted, enough legislators would go against it and prevent it from moving through.
chai2

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 03:45 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

No, I don't expect him to ignore criticism but rather to dismiss it as coming from "corrupt professional politicians".

He will pretend to dismiss it often and loudly, because he lacks any kind of restraint.

What a person in his position is supposed to do is ignore it. But he's incapable of that
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 05:55 pm
Madonna threatened to bomb the white house...Wonder why she hasn't been excoriated by the press...Or here?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 05:56 pm
@Sturgis,
We worry for the Muslims today, but it's a bit more difficult for any government to round them up like our government did to us. Most of us believe the freedom of religion is protected by the Constitution, and the government can't go around asking which religion a individual follows.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 10:24 pm
So many issues, so many signs, so many women. Not sure what is was all about, but it was not all " protesting" the new president. His position is too unknown right now.

About the only thing clear is that people hate the government.

Madonna is an ass. She hasn't lived in the US for years. How dare she say she's
"thinking about blowing up the White House. "

Wonder if she'll get a visit from the FBI.
giujohn

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 10:37 pm
@PUNKEY,
Well I saw some weird looking female (?) Screaming about Palestine...Sometimes I think it's just an excuse to get on CNN.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 11:00 pm
@glitterbag,
tRump was hoping to influence the CIA Re the Russian hacking contacting his campaign people thing since he realizes that if he orders it shut down he would be in a world of hurt. Maybe next he might speak to the FBI? They dont mind getting involved in politics.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 05:19 pm
@PUNKEY,
Where do you get your information?
https://www.google.com/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/donald-trump-sexism-tracker-every-offensive-comment-in-one-place/amp/?client=safari
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 03:15 pm
@ossobucotemp,
What was the point anyways? What rights do women want that they don't already have? I saw a bunch of stupid signs asking when their vagina was going to have the same rights as guns... yeah, they said that. I'm trying to figure out what rights guns have that women don't...
maporsche

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 03:50 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

What was the point anyways?

Women marched to show that there are masses of men and women who support women's rights. They marched the day after Trump was sworn in because Trump is perceived (rightly IMO) to be a threat to women's rights. Women marched to defend rights that they feel are now in jeopardy; in no small part due to Trump's campaign rhetoric and the promises he's made and the republicans who support him.

What's so hard to understand? You're smart enough to get this.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 04:01 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

What was the point anyways? What rights do women want that they don't already have? I saw a bunch of stupid signs asking when their vagina was going to have the same rights as guns... yeah, they said that. I'm trying to figure out what rights guns have that women don't...

I will answer your question directly (assuming you don't already understand).

That sign was specifically talking about the abortion issue.