Broke up with girl and worried about her, should I contact friend?

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 05:12 pm
I broke up with my amazing girlfriend a few weeks ago because my mental health was getting so bad. I know it hurt her bad, and we tried to stay friends but she texted me today saying it hurt to bad to talk to me, that she's been struggling badly and she had to part ways to move on. I'm pretty wrecked, it hurts to lose her but I understand. I feel so terrible about it though, and I know she struggles with her mental health a lot too. I've met her best friend a few times but we're not close. My question is, would it be inappropriate to message her best friend and ask her to look out for her, and make sure she's talking to someone?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,390 • Replies: 4

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 06:01 pm
@jaykayze,
Well sure. Its OK to be concerned about another person.

Just be sure your intentions are sincere and honorable. Not an excuse to bother her or be nosey.

In the meantime, get some help so you dont turn your back or feel you have to refuse a connection with "amazing" people.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 06:29 pm
@jaykayze,
Not appropriate at all. Put her behind you, as she has done with you.
0 Replies

Iouman

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 04:54 pm
@jaykayze,
What are your mental health issues and what are her's?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 05:33 pm
@jaykayze,
jaykayze wrote:
My question is, would it be inappropriate to message her best friend

are you friends with her best friend outside of her relationship with your ex-gf?

if not, then yes it would be inappropriate.
full stop.

if yes, it would be inappropriate for you to talk to her friend about her.
full stop.
0 Replies