What's wrong with me?

ccfoj

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:55 am
I'm 17 years old and my weight and height are normal.
For about 3-4 months, I would go for a few days without eating lunch, breakfast, or both. Not to lose weight or because I had an eating disorder, but because I felt like I didn't need to. It became a habit. Then a few weeks after I started doing that I started feeling very exhausted for seemingly no reason, no matter how much sleep I got. Then my chest had this weird squeezing feeling, but I assumed that that was because I had been doing too much physical labor and it was just my muscles. I kept trying to figure out what was wrong, but I decided that I should just ignore it. Then one night, I realized that that squeezing feeling I had in my chest was getting worse. I quickly ate something, knowing that it was probably because I wasn't eating enough. Then I had an ache in my chest along with the the squeezing feeling that went up to my left shoulder. I tried to tell someone, but when I opened my mouth, words would not come out. It was like my mouth was paralyzed.
I became in denial about it for maybe 10-15 minutes, hoping that I didn't really have a problem. But it got so bad that I thought I was having a heart attack, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if I found out that I was even now.
After this, my legs started shaking involuntarily. They only did this when I sat down and stopped moving them. It was like a seizure only in my legs. So finally I showed one of my siblings what my legs were doing, and they told my parents. My mom took me to the hospital right away, because she said I looked really pale. When she asked me questions, I just looked down, sort of confused and sometimes I still couldn't move my mouth. I was having trouble breathing as well, which got worse when I tried to speak or walk.

When I got to the hospital, I spent about 5 hours there. I had a lot of tests done, but everything turned out to be normal, except my heart rate was too high and my heart would skip a beat (I don't remember what that's called). My legs still would start shaking (sometimes kicking) by themselves at the hospital, but no one could figure out why. I could also feel my heart beating in my chest.
The people at the hospital assumed that I was under stress and just was nervous or had anxiety. I felt really calm and peaceful at the hospital, but they still kept thinking I was nervous and afraid. I did feel slightly confused and kept forgetting things. I thought secretly the whole time that something was wrong with my heart, because that's what it felt like.

Now I eat 3 meals a day again every day because I'm almost 100% sure this was caused by not eating enough. But this morning I felt my heart beating hard again, so I checked my pulse and it was over 100 after resting for a while. My normal resting heart rate has been about 70-80 for the past few years. Then, I rested and stayed still for 10 minutes and checked it again, and it had gone up to about 120 (I think it was a little higher than that actually). I started having slight trouble breathing a few minutes after.

I feel okay now, except I have a headache. I just checked my pulse again and it's around 100 still, and I have been sitting for a while. So does anyone have any ideas as to why all of this is happening? No one can figure out why and I wish it would stop because it's interrupting important things and becoming a distraction.

Please don't tell me to see a doctor, I already have and they don't know what's wrong either.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 550 • Replies: 9

jespah

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 11:05 am
@ccfoj,
Then see a different doctor. And make this one a psychiatrist.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 11:22 am
@ccfoj,
Dehydration for sure.

ccfoj

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 12:22 pm
@PUNKEY,
Maybe. My symptoms do go away when I drink a lot of water. At the hospital my mouth, throat, and eyes were extremely dry and my mouth is still too dry now. I thought it was food, but my symptoms sometimes come back after I eat.

My mom thought it was my blood sugar at first, because I felt like I was going to faint and was shaking and all. But the doctor said my blood sugar was fine, so it's not that. Then the doctor thought it was anemia, but it turned out that wasn't it either.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 12:43 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
Dehydration for sure.
But Punk, suppose Cc had provided the sort of profile I've long suggested. Don't you suppose you might another more nearly applicable char

Cc: Nonetheless he's probly right

Still Cc, if such stirs fear of ID, I'll understand why you don't. But if you like to chat I am [email protected] and evidently don't care who else knows
0 Replies

ccfoj

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 02:17 pm
Okay, never mind, I don't think it's because I'm dehydrated. I ate breakfast this morning but then I waited too long to eat lunch, and I almost fainted, had trouble breathing, and felt weird. But a few minutes after I ate all of it went away.
The doctor did tell me to see a cardiologist just in case something is wrong with my heart while we were at the hospital. At least one person in my family had to get a pacemaker when they were around my age and heart problems seem to run in my family, along with diabetes. If I keep having problems I'll have to see another doctor, but whenever my family goes and they have a problem the doctors can never figure out what's wrong and it just becomes a waste of time and money, so I really don't want to go.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 02:24 pm
Having read all of your posts here, I have an answer to your question: "What's wrong with me?"

You're a dumbass.

Your family has a history of heart issues, your Dr told you to see a cardiologist, go do it and tell your cardiologists ALL of your symptoms. Don't make it a puzzle for them to solve.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 03:54 pm
@ccfoj,
Quote:
I don't think it's because I'm dehydrated
Yo Foj my No.2 Son advises we hafta drink 'way more than satisfying thirst; and he's 'way smarter than me
0 Replies

ccfoj

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 05:31 pm
@McGentrix,
Why would you say something like that to a complete stranger that you know very little about? I'm a teenager, it's my parent's decision whether or not I go to see another doctor. The doctor said that IF my symptoms got worse or new symptoms came, to see a cardiologist or go back to that hospital. They're the ones that told me to wait and see what happens. I should have mentioned that, but I didn't think to. I came here to ask for some helpful opinions, because I thought maybe other people could help me figure out what's wrong so I could figure out how to make this stop already.

I'm not going to come back to this website. To those of you who posted who actually tried to help at all without being rude, thank you very much. I appreciate it.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 05:54 pm
@McGentrix,
I agree with McGentrix. Well, maybe not dumbass, but fearful and avoidant while young. Get your ass in gear and see a cardiologist, please. A cardiologist is likely to have a clue, one way or another or another. They know a lot.

I was sent to one when I had dangerous fainting spells a few years ago, and he was point on re diagnosing.
His diagnosis was a relief.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What's wrong with me?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 02:37:17