Is the sentence correct?

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 09:56 pm
Is it correct to say "God, manifest yourself in my life so that I can feel your presence at all times."?

My daughter asked me if the sentence is correct. What she would like to say is that she wants God to be with/within her, looking after her and protecting her from harm and danger at all times. She always wants to feel God's presence. If it is not correct, how should she word it?

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 320 • Replies: 6
No top replies

centrox

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 12:54 pm
It sounds fine. I know this is not exactly what you are asking, but I don't think God would reject prayers that were not grammatically perfect. Also, her prayer just asks God to manifest himself so that she can feel him, it doesn't say anything about the protection from danger or the other things you included in your explanation. If she wants God to do those things, why doesn't she include them in her prayer? (Of course , he will understand that's what she means anyway, but the prayer is for the benefit of the person praying and it is good to be explicit therefore.)
dalehileman

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 05:12 pm
@centrox,
Quote:
don't think God would reject prayers that were not grammatically perfect
Wow! Cen, this'n doesn't sound like you at all. Does your relig have a name
centrox

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 05:35 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
don't think God would reject prayers that were not grammatically perfect
Wow! Cen, this'n doesn't sound like you at all. Does your relig have a name

I am an atheist, who was formerly a Christian.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 06:03 pm
@centrox,
I see, Cen; then you were probly kidding

Strange I kinda went the other way. When kid, atheist; in later yrs agnostic; but now apodictical existential pantheist
centrox

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 02:44 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
I see, Cen; then you were probly kidding

No, I was perfectly serious, and not intending to mock faith either.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 12:06 pm
@centrox,
Cen, not about ur conversion but note regarding postings She won't read in #...793, a bit unconventional to say the least

Not that ur not entitled
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is the sentence correct?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:05:11