How to stop having sexual thoughts about ex when you are in a relationship.

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 06:43 pm
I am in a relationship right now and we've been together for a few months and me and my partner are both very happy, but lately I've been having sexual thoughts about my ex ever since I saw him at the gym. We broke up almost a year ago and I haven't thought of him since until now, but the thoughts are getting worse and I'm afraid to ask anyone for help or how to stop it. Any thoughts on how I could just focus on my current partner instead of an ex?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 492 • Replies: 3
No top replies

33export

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 09:11 pm
@memememe23,
Interesting question.
Consider having a frank discussion with your current , um, partner, and exchange experiences -- pretty sure he has some interesting anecdotes of his own.
Depends, of course, on the seriousness of this current relationship. Better yet, keep this part of your past to yourself - it'll eventually fade away, if this relationship becomes a commitment.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 10:17 pm
I don't see what the problem is having sexual thoughts about someone, unless you plan acting on them.

It's your brain, you can think about, and enjoy thinking about whatever you want. Those are your private thoughts.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 10:06 am
I agree with Chai. Think what you want.

BUT - make it real. You aren't with him for a reason. Apparently the sex was good, but the other parts weren't.

Sure, he may have sexy biceps, but remember what the hurt was.
0 Replies