Ask my friend's sister out after seeing for a few days

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 02:40 pm
I went to Mexico to meet an old friend for a week. While down there I met his sister who is about a year younger than me (she is 18 and I am 19). She was really nice to me just like someone would treat a family friend. However on the first day she treated me differently. She was more clingy to me, laughing at my jokes, sticking close to me, and almost seemed to really like me. At first I thought it was her brother who told her to stay away from me but before I left I talked to my friend about and said if she liked me I had his blessing. I didn't have time to go talk to her before I left and never got her number. I was just wonder if I wonder if I should ask my friend for her number and talk to her and see if she does like me or should I try and forget about her and just assume that it was part of her culture or even her personality and she prabably doesn't feel the same way about me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 683 • Replies: 7
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 02:43 pm
@Qwerty0977,
I would say it depends on whether you want to live the rest of your life wondering what could have been or if you should just man up and find out?
dalehileman

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 02:45 pm
@Qwerty0977,
Oh hell yes, Uiopa
0 Replies

Qwerty0977

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 02:53 pm
@McGentrix,
Thanks, that's what I was thinking of doing but didn't know if there was something I was missing.
centrox

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 03:12 pm
Get her number. Talk to her on the phone and see how it goes. You have nothing to lose and lots to gain.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 03:47 pm
No harm in talking to her, but I wouldn't automatically go by your perception of how she was acting on the first day (and then didn't act that way again, in your view)

It might be that:

(a) She wasn't really being clingy. You may have been excited what with being in new surroundings and read things that way.

(b) She wasn't being clingy, just happy/excited about meeting someone new, expecially from another country. Maybe she was tipsy or something, and was acting excited.

Or a hundred other things.

Women don't generally throw themselves at someone the instant they meet them. Even if she did, she realized she needed to back off a little not to come across as ditzy.

Or, maybe she realized by the 2nd day you weren't as interesting as she thought.

None of these are any reason not to try to communicate with her again.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 03:48 pm
@Qwerty0977,
Qwerty0977 wrote:

Thanks, that's what I was thinking of doing but didn't know if there was something I was missing.

No one here can tell you if you were missing something, because we weren't there. Even if we were, we're not you, or her.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 09:08 pm
I'd tell you to go for it, Dude, but she's in MEXICO and you were vacationing!

0 Replies