Trump Impeachment Watch

chai2

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 03:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's my thought too edgar.

Talking about crazy VP's, has anyone else noticed the "life imitates art" comparison between this and the American version of House of Cards?

Look what happened when VP Frank Underwood took over.

RABEL222

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 10:12 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
In a few weeks Trump will have amassed enough embarassing material re. key Washington lawmakers to blackmail them and fend off any impeachment attempt.

After all he has the KGB and Putin to back his personal police force.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 01:42 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

As much as I dislike Trump, I don't see a lot to be gained from replacing him with a teabagger as crazy as Pence.

Depends, after bloody Mary there was no appetite for a Catholic monarch ever again in England. After Cromwell's puritanism, generals and religious types were permanently out of favour.

God types always screw up, they think they're doing God's work so they can't see how much they're pissing everyone off.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 08:01 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

After all he has the KGB and Putin to back his personal police force.

He won't need them as president: all he needs is get access to key NSA files.

The behavior of the FBI and CIA during this election shows that intel agencies are aware of their greatly enhanced powers, weild it, and are jealous of it. The only question in my mi d is: will they cooperate with Trump and give him what he wants, or will they try to manipulate him, or both?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 08:16 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Robert Reich
38 mins ยท
Possible ties between Trump and Putin to influence the outcome of the election are revealing themselves. Intelligence officials last week presented Trump with claims by Russian operatives that they have compromising information on him, according to CNN. Trump was also presented with allegations of an "exchange of information" during the campaign between his surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.
Today, during a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing on Russia's meddling in November's election, Senator Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) pointed to an interview shortly after the election in which a top Russian diplomat said his government had had "contacts" with the Trump campaign. Wyden then asked FBI Director James Comey, if the FBI was investigating these reported relationships, and urged the FBI director to provide an unclassified answer to his question before Inauguration Day, saying the American people "have a right to know" whether the FBI is investigating possible ties between the Trump team and Russia.
On Sunday, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham also discussed the possibility of an investigation into the Trump campaign's ties to Russia. Asked about the possibility of a probe on NBC's "Meet the Press," the South Carolina senator said: "I believe that it's happening."
If it turns out that Russian operatives have compromising information on Trump, and that he and his campaign collaborated with Russia on intervening in the presidential campaign on his behalf, that's treason.

Any retractions from Reich on this one?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 08:36 am
@McGentrix,
Maybe he will be like the party politicians. Right or wrong stand by it anyway.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 08:39 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
It cracked me up that Trump shamed CNN at the presser.

Looks like it won't be this mess that brings him down. Public political life has devolved into a rolling farce, and the media has been dragged down into the thick of it----quite deservedly so.
Lash

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 08:43 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

The only possible way for Trump to be impeached before the 2018 elections would be for their to be unassailable evidence that he was guilty of true high crimes and misdemeanors.

I think this comment is more wishful thinking than logical hypothesis. Even Clinton's impeachment was based on fluff, and we're living in bizarro world now.

Anything can happen.
Lash

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 08:44 am
@giujohn,
March 1, 2018
Lash

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 08:47 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

That's my thought too edgar.

Talking about crazy VP's, has anyone else noticed the "life imitates art" comparison between this and the American version of House of Cards?

Look what happened when VP Frank Underwood took over.

I want to make clear that I'm not hopeful for an impeachment, but I strongly suspect it'll happen. A Trump or Pence presidency is fraught with its own particular horrors.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 08:56 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Even Clinton's impeachment was based on fluff

Clinton was not impeached.

If you are saying that someone will TRY to impeach Trump, you're most probably correct. But it doesn't mean they will succeed.
Lash

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 01:08 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

Dude. Wtf?

I think a review of the term will clear up my part of this conversation for you.
Lash

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 01:13 pm
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/impeachment

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 01:25 pm
@Lash,
Too many GOP reps would have to go along with a "fluff" effort. Not going to happen.
giujohn

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 01:30 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

Dude. Wtf?

I think a review of the term will clear up my part of this conversation for you.

Wow doesn't he feel stupid now.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 01:38 pm
@Lash,
When your impeachment dream fails to come true, will your next dream be about his assassination?

Trump won the election, and he clearly has a mandate - give him a chance to do the job he was elected to do.

People bent over backwards giving 0bama a chance to do his job, and he was a miserable failure for Americans.
I expect better (much better) from POTUS Trump.
Foofie

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 01:51 pm
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

When your impeachment dream fails to come true, will your next dream be about his assassination?

Trump won the election, and he clearly has a mandate - give him a chance to do the job he was elected to do.

People bent over backwards giving 0bama a chance to do his job, and he was a miserable failure for Americans.
I expect better (much better) from POTUS Trump.

Many of those that voted for Trump in the "red states" had family that were the proverbial "early bird catching the worm." Compare them to the demographic in the "blue states" that voted for Hillary. Not the early birds; more like the Johnny come latelys, in my opinion. Or, excuse my French, many don't have a pot to piss in.

Even if the red states have many living in trailer parks, they still have tons of kids, and vote Republican to show that they're not disenfranchised by the progressive agenda.

The Electoral College will continue, since we are a Federal Republic, not a municipality where a popular vote elects a mayor.
Frugal1

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 01:56 pm
@Foofie,
WTF?

Didn't 0bama's 8 years of hard work level the playing field for all Americans?
You make it sound like he shafted everyone that identifies as a republican, and forced them to live in trailers without a pot to piss in.
Foofie

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 03:00 pm
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

WTF?

Didn't 0bama's 8 years of hard work level the playing field for all Americans?
You make it sound like he shafted everyone that identifies as a republican, and forced them to live in trailers without a pot to piss in.

Not "shafted," but those that had conservative, rural values, like owning a gun and taking religion seriously were not part of his minions, in my opinion.

And, I didn't mean the trailer park demographic didn't have a pot to piss in, since besides living in a trailer park, they might have an expensive truck, camper, etc. It is the Democratic demographic that represents the urban underclass that might not have a pot to piss in - yet they still want the accoutremonts of the middle class.

He worked hard for his constituency. But, his affordable care was a burden on the under 35 person that did not want to buy health insurance.

He just did not hide his alienation from the culture of white, rural America. However, it is white, rural America that makes a career of the military, and that he talked positively of. Maybe the white, rural civilians were not part of his orientation, other than the CO2 they breathed?

Frugal1

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 03:11 pm
@Foofie,
Urban dwelling American blacks found out that they were not part of his (BHO's) orientation either.