Tired of grey

glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 03:36 pm
@Sturgis,
What was that shade of brown? I remember it well but not the color name.
George

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 03:38 pm
Sears used to have a store on Moody Street in Waltham that sold
discontinued, scratched, dented or floor model appliances cheap. In 1981,
the Lovely Bride and I had just bought a house and had very little money
left. We bought a fridge, washer and drier there in a shade they
called "almond" for relatively cheap money.

Ugly as all hell but they lasted a long time.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 04:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I hope you meant that to be funny because it darn well was.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 04:30 pm
@roger,
Glad you liked it.
0 Replies

CameronWebber

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 04:41 pm
@PUNKEY,
Green is my fav colour so I'll always pick that! So much more positive than Grey...
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 04:58 pm
There is grey, and there is gray. I've never cottoned on to the difference. I'm sure I must have looked it up, but it the memory fades.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 05:01 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

What was that shade of brown? I remember it well but not the color name.

Found it!

It was called Coppertone.

There was also harvest gold, avocado and poppy. I think you had to be super rich to have poppy though.

http://www.automaticwasher.info/TD/AWJPEG/SANDBOX/2011/swestoyz++5-16-2011-14-05-41.jpg
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 05:03 pm
Here I am circa 1975 getting ready to set the table.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/57/90/91/57909104e2d0369560e9707a3ad65f20.jpg
farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 11:00 pm
@chai2,
my wife used to be real skinny like that. Now, after years of farm work, and chucking hay bales shes got a great bod and great definition. Her weight isnt much different, its just settled into areas that are really hot. (to me qnd a couple of the neighborhood jack off farmers who beep at her when shes out in the garden with a tank top nd shorts ).

SCuse me, Im getting horny
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 05:42 pm
@PUNKEY,
I love grey as a background or base color for vibrant or more dramatic accent colors. Love love charcoal-flecked grey most bestest.
farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:40 am
@Lash,
I saw anew Lexus T-20 today ,It was pqrkked next to my POS Hybrid. It was a beautiful car except it had this really dense battleship grey color. It was a strange(kinda sexy) dense color that will be totally invisible at dusk qnd dawn. My new Explorer has a radar that sees to the left and right at intersections (or my lane which exits at the top of a blind hill)
Im sure the Lexus is gonna use that feature to prevent it from getting T-Boned at a corner
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:44 am
@Lash,
we have a very old house and my wife uses black points of interest to bring everything together (as if we actually planned it)

I collect all kinds of **** and she sees her job as displaying this **** tastefully so it dosnt look like some idiots model train collection hnging all over the wall, (OR some hunters who MUST stuff everything they kill and scare the kids with giant stuffed beasts in the middle of a room)
Lash

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 06:04 am
@farmerman,
I adore old houses. Ms Farmerman sounds awesome. I bet your home is so cool and fascinating with farmerman artifacts creatively presented.

I have fun putting together areas with a mix of photos, a meaningful artifact made by or given to me by someone in the picture, strands of faux ivy, old books with titles that seem to comment on the arrangement or the people... I love for a person viewing it to be drawn in to the details and find some secret when they view these little groupings. It sorta gives the effect that you're browsing in an old cluttered antique store... One of my favorite things to do.

Ms farmer must be rather fond of you. Wink
farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 06:17 am
@Lash,
naah, its pretty much a scary plce. I have a room with walls covered with African iron short spears used by several tribs, I have a huge rock and "arrowhead collection"
art, Its a fuckin mess but Mrs F keeps it just below the threshhold of the Bates mansion.
See, Id like to be able to limit stuff like you explain, but Mrs F does exactly the same thing you do, she compiles stuff into topics and whenever kids are around she takes time to explain and shes very nurturing. Everybody around here knows that I hate kids.

She says she likes me but Im beginning to suspect that she has plans. She lately's been introducing me to people as her" first husband".
Lash

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 06:23 am
@farmerman,
If one of those spears goes missing, make yourself scarce!
LOL!

You have such an eclectic menagerie--and a passionate curator. Your home sounds dreamy to me.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Tired of grey
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:42:44