Meryl Streep said nothing...

farmerman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 05:12 pm
@layman,
what do you drink while youre eating it all up?
Im amazed at how you guys have to manufacture some kind of explanations for what appears to me to be a simple mimic/mock (either one is bad form doncha think?) of a persons handicap.

farmerman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 05:15 pm
@Frugal1,
Quote:
Meryl Streep Lashes Out at President-Elect Trump during Golden Globes
Rant, Trump responds and the country supports Trump. End of story.

Looking out at the world through the screen door of your submarine again?
0 Replies

layman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 05:19 pm
@layman,
After the press had spent two weeks ridiculing Trump for his claims about celebrating muslims, a local TV broadcast from the time also surfaced, which said:

Quote:
Just a couple of blocks away from that Jersey City apartment the F.B.I. raided yesterday and had evidence removed, there is another apartment building, one that investigators told me, quote, was swarming with suspects — suspects who I’m told were cheering on the roof when they saw the planes slam into the Trade Center.

"Swarms" may not be "thousands," but it sounds like a very significant number. This same apartment building, next to a muslim mosque, was raided after the first WTC attack, in 1993. But, of course, these are all just good-intentioned, law-abiding immigrants who love America, eh?
layman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 05:22 pm
@farmerman,
I had wondered: "But maybe I give them too much credit by assuming they are merely dupes. They too may be consciously and deliberately ratifying what they know is false. Makes a good talking point, ya know?"

In your case, at least, Farmer, you have answered that question. Thanks.
farmerman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 05:32 pm
@layman,
All I know is what I and millions of others saw on tv with Trump making that speech in which he refers to the reporter (just so we know were talking bout the same thing) in a rather insulting, demeaning fashion.
Now I see that you guys(gooey;Fuggle, gunga and you) are all circling your wagons trying to come up with something that folks can half believe. I think you need to keep trying because you seem to be the only ones who ar buying.

layman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 05:37 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

All I know is what I and millions of others saw on tv with Trump making that speech in which he refers to the reporter (just so we know were talking bout the same thing) in a rather insulting, demeaning fashion.

Well, you sure don't claim to know much, after all your solemn pronuncements about how correct Streep was, eh? Tell me, Farmer, was Trump mocking his handicap?
0 Replies

layman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 06:06 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

"Swarms" may not be "thousands," but it sounds like a very significant number. This same apartment building, next to a muslim mosque, was raided after the first WTC attack, in 1993. But, of course, these are all just good-intentioned, law-abiding immigrants who love America, eh?

I had intended to add that those apprehended at the building back in 1993 were in fact convicted of complicity in the 1993 bombing.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 06:18 pm
@layman,
Although this is not strictly relevant to what Streep said, it is related to the background. I also came across this excerpt from the New York times, from right after the 9/11 attacks:

Quote:
Here in New York, it was easy to get angry listening to Egyptians, Palestinians and the Arabs of nearby Paterson, N.J., celebrate as they received word of the murderous attack in New York and Washington.

Given this newscasting and broadcasting, it's not hard to see how Trump could easily get the impression that "thousands" were celebrating. In fact, there probably were thousands.

The press, on the other hand, disingenuously claimed that Trump just fabricated a complete lie, whole cloth. And they even did it after claiming to have completed a thorough "fact-checking" investigation. Who's the liar here, eh?
0 Replies

Frugal1

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 08:11 pm
What was her award for, and did she show any appreciation for receiving it?
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 08:36 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:

And, ya know, calling almost half of all American people a "basket of deplorables" probably had even more impact than that particular trumpism.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 08:55 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
so his entire camera appearnce doing that imitation of Kovaleski was what? a love tap?

DT was mocking the guy's mind and not his body. He uses the same gestures to mock other logically challenged people in high places.
layman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 09:03 pm
@gungasnake,
This reporter said, in 2015, that he didn't remember the details of the article he wrote. At a later rally, Trump "made fun of" his supposed lack of memory.

Trump's comments on the matter later:

Quote:
I have no idea who this reporter, Serge Kovalski [sic], is, what he looks like or his level of intelligence. I don’t know if he is J.J. Watt or Muhammad Ali in his prime or somebody of less athletic or physical ability.

I merely mimicked what I thought would be a flustered reporter trying to get out of a statement he made long ago. If Mr. Kovaleski is handicapped, I would not know because I do not know what he looks like. If I did know, I would definitely not say anything about his appearance.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 09:14 pm
It's typical left-wing "logic," eh? If Trump complained about the lack of cleanliness in a facility where he was speaking, and if the head janitor turned out to be black, the headline would be something like:

Trump is a racist bully who belittles working black men!!

Anything but honest reporting.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 09:28 pm
Anyone remember CNN"S coverage (for which they were forced to apolgize) of the riot in Milwaukee this summer?

The CNN commentator stated that the sister of the shooting victim was calling for peace and calm, and then showed an edited portion of a video tape of her speaking. It showed her urging the rioters not to burn down the neighborhood.

What it deliberately left out was her next appeal, where she urged them to head to the white suburbs and destroy **** there.

Reporting that part would have been antithetical to CNN's ideological agenda, eh?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 10:06 pm
@farmerman,
Especially from someone who is supposed to be president of ALL the people.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 09:23 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
DT was mocking the guy's mind and not his body

So thats why he was grimacing and speaking in that CP'ish tone , he was mocking Kovaleski's mind. OH I SEE.

Frugal1

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 09:28 am
@farmerman,
Where were you when 0bama mocked kids with special needs?

Where was Meryl Gummer when 0bama did this on national TV?
McGentrix

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 09:35 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
DT was mocking the guy's mind and not his body

So thats why he was grimacing and speaking in that CP'ish tone , he was mocking Kovaleski's mind. OH I SEE.

Don't handicapped people want to be treated like everyone else?
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 09:42 am
@Frugal1,
Obama took his own responsibility and apologized for the reference wherein he claimed his bowling score would allow him into the special olympics.
Thats not even close to the mean spirited nature of the Dumpster;s reference to Kovaleski (And handicapped folks in general). TO THIS DATE, hes never owned up to the fact that he said it on National TV. Hes in denial and hes called those who call attention to the incident "LIARS"

One of his problems is that hes in denial about lots f crap he says and this is type section sociopathy (Ive been told by people who relly know).
I know hes ADD , thats easy to see. (The only thing he doesnt say is "SQUIRREL"!!).

Frugal1

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 09:48 am
@farmerman,

0bama hates special olympics kids, he wants them all to die.
0 Replies