Disappearance of contrex

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:54 am
Does anybody know whether contrex is on holiday? He has of late disappeared from the screen.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 1,485 • Replies: 41

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:57 am
@tanguatlay,
I'm pretty sure he changed his name for some computer reason, though that's just a guess. I believe he signs in now as Centrox; that person's posts are very similar to Contrex's and appeared for the first time the same day Contrex stopped posting.
tanguatlay

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 12:23 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

I'm pretty sure he changed his name for some computer reason, though that's just a guess. I believe he signs in now as Centrox; that person's posts are very similar to Contrex's and appeared for the first time the same day Contrex stopped posting.
I sense that too. Their style and answers are similar. I noticed before contrex disappeared, there was no indication he was online. As soon as he answered my post, I checked whether he was online, but there was no indication he was online. I checked several times, but there was never any indication he was online.

Could centrox confirm whether he is contrex? Thanks.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 12:41 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Con, Cen, Oss, you won't believe the new grand total strokes saved

Forgive terrible pun
Oh I forgot, some of us don't....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 01:09 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Sounds the same to me, and both names could be derived from 'concentric'. I'm betting contrex had a failure to log in and made a new account.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 01:35 pm
Thank you, friends, for your concern and interest, which I value greatly. Yes, I am Contrex. A little while ago I found that when I made a post, I got a screen saying
Quote:
Error

You have just caused an error that took the life of one of the hardest working hamsters. But the good news is that we wrote down the error and will give it to our overlords so that they can figure out how to make it not happen again. Go in peace friend, we must now pour out some liquor for our fallen comrade. We miss you homeslice!

I sent a message to the A2K overlords mentioning this, and asking if I had been banned, and if so, what for, giving my email address, but I have had no reply.

So I enrolled again, switching the O and E around in my screen name.

roger wrote:
both names could be derived from 'concentric'.

Eccentric more like. This I like. In fact, my first screen name derived from the brand of a bottle of spring water I happened to have handy when I had to make up a name.

http://www.lsa-conso.fr/mediatheque/5/1/2/000017215.jpg
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 01:42 pm
The same thing happened to me. I used to post here as Massaghato and then found I could no longer log in. So I created edgarblythe and use it exclusively.
chai2

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 01:46 pm
@centrox,
That's funny Centrex/ox.

When I first joined, this box was sitting next to my computer.

I too lost my way, and became chai2.

https://www.twiningsusa.com/catalog/images/zoom/Product_Small/F07514_1_Bags.jpg

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 02:12 pm
Just kidding, osso. He was a pain all the way back to Abuzz days.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 02:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
You were Massagato?? Oh, noooooooo! I don't remember the posts but that people didn't like him. I don't remember that he was ever at a2k..

Jespah somewhat recently explained that ERROR thing, but naturally I forget the whys of it

I speak as one who took only a minute or so to choose a name, back on Abuzz - pizza was taken, so I considered other italian food, thus I'm ossobuco, forever more, or at least so far.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 02:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
I thought so...
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 02:24 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Ha, I deleted one of my double posts and mods must have deleted the other.

I'll leave this double trouble and blame it on Massagato.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 02:40 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
mods must have deleted the other
Yea Oss I've long maintained that Mgmt should read the many postings concerning its software and take appropriate action
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:01 pm
@dalehileman,
That was a matter of timing and they were right to fix it. I was goony in double fixing it, I'd seen they fixed it in a kind of flash when I was aiming at the delete button.

I'm quite tired of you trying to influence the mods with a kind of whining in threads. If you want to scold them, click on Contact Us on the dark blue line at the bottom of the page.

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:02 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Meantime, let's all clap for centrox!
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:06 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
with a kind of whining
Alas Oss I'm terrible person

Quote:
Contact Us on the dark blue line
Thanks for reminding me of that. At 86....
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:22 pm
One thing I noticed, now I am centrox, I don't see any Quote button on a post, only Reply and Report. Anybody got any ideas?
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:32 pm
@centrox,
Yes, look on the bottom of the page and check and fill out preferences.

Secondly, you could talk to the mods and maybe get your old name back if you want it (see Contact Us). I don't know, I would be a poor mod myself, get too riled up, but they would know about that ERROR thing, which I take as not about some horrible act by you.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 04:29 pm
Hey, controx, I'm glad it's you (contrex). I couldn't believe that there could be two people who are as knowledgeable and clear in explaining things as you.
centrox

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 04:36 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta, I thank you for your kind words.

1. Forums
  2. » Disappearance of contrex
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:24:34