0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 05:07 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
and congrats
Rag they'll tear you apart

I'm not even sure "Rag" 'll ('Ragman' will) go. Cantcha just see'em fuming

I can just imagine the rising level of anger (TRLAATANE); Nah fellas, just pullin' ur leg

No, Terribly Rising Level of Anger At Nearly Everything, fellows, just pulling your respective legs (that is, making funaya [fun of you])
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 05:32 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I'm not good in my yard anymore.
I've some history of good and sometimes simple and/or sometimes glorious gardens, being a long time garden designer, but I'm in trouble walking on sand.

I get notices I have to clean my yard. And no, I can't hire someone.
I'm expecting another notice soon.
Last year, I talked to the person and she gave me a list of agencies for help; none on the list useful.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 05:45 pm
@ossobucotemp,
When leaves pile up, I run them over with the lawn mower. My advantage over you is, no neighborhood committee to police my yard.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 05:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
It is the city. Naturally I don't want goatheads growing, and so on.

I'll get out there soon. Maybe someone will notice I have trouble, but frankly it's not their problem.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 07:20 am
We are having tornado warnings. I don't think it is that close, but you never know for sure.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 07:35 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

We are having tornado warnings. I don't think it is that close, but you never know for sure.

I think the storm is almost here and it is closer than I thought. I don't feel in danger, but I am getting offline and moving to the back of the house.
Lash

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 08:10 am
@edgarblythe,
Sending peace and safe vibes.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 08:38 am
@Lash,
It's passing east of here, moving northeast. I should be safe. Thanks for the concern.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 02:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

It's passing east of here, moving northeast. I should be safe. Thanks for the concern.

My wife at her job, said it got dark as night there and a funnel cloud was almost over the property across the street (the apartments where I used to work). It never dropped to the ground, but they had to get to a safe place until it passed.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 03:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Whew!
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 05:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oss, Ed, need a rule of thumb: How long it it necessary to wait after a rain

I turn off my timers for a period of one day for each 0.1 in., but it's sheer guesswork. Thanks for entertaining my query

Quote:
We are having tornado warnings
We have a forecast of three consecutive days of rain, only one for certain but still it's a record forecast for southeast Apple Valley
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 09:31 pm
@dalehileman,
I told you before, contact a local landscape architect, or the school, Cal Poly Pomona, or a local contractor who knows your area and is fine with the state contractors board.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 09:38 pm
Actually, both of us are interested in this.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 12:00 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
contact ... architect, or the school, ....., or ...[fine] contractor...
Thanks agin Oss but lazy bastard that I am, hoped one or two of the 100,000 or so reading a2k might have had such personal experience

Code:both of us are interested
Aha! so if it's no trouble, if you have any luck, could you advise: [email protected] , with many thanks
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 02:07 pm
I had underestimated the power of inertia. When the holidays began jacking with my normal routines, I suspended much of it for the duration. The entire edifice then crashed. I was engulfed in torpor that held on until a few days ago. This week I made efforts to revive projects, began adhering more closely to my chosen diet, now again using the weights. I present myself as reinvigorated. I am certain my age had a great deal to do with it. What about the rest of you. Any similar experiences?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 03:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
95% of our exercise is walking almost every day for about half an hour. In this cold weather, we usually go to an indoor shopping mall for our walking. On nice sunny days, we like to walk in several of our neighborhood parks.

As for household chores, I do some patchwork on cracks that occurs when there's heavy rain that messes with our foundation rising and falling.

My wife says, we're having our patio doors replaced after we return from our trip to Hawaii in March.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 03:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't care to walk around here, so I ride the stationary bike on the porch. It works the arms and legs at the same time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 03:16 pm
Part of my new resolve involves upgrading our cookware. Good food cooked on worn out utensils has got to suffer. I spent about a $100, which does not buy a lot these days. Still, I feel better.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 03:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm not enough of a cook to know those things, and most of our meals are eaten at restaurants. Otherwise, it's simple fare of rice and mostly Asian spiced vegies or fishcakes at home.
I enjoy simple meals most of the time.
When our son was home from Austin, we did go to Black Angus Steakhouse.