edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 04:04 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I don't know how to do it that way.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 08:07 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I haven't used Kinkos since a few months before I moved here, before buying my now very obsolete iMac, but I remember them as helpful, and I think I remember paying by the hour for my access of their computers.

I don't go to the library here, a matter of access, but I remember the folks being helpful, and they may have up to date computers.

Is there a university around where you are? I still practically revere the UCLA Research Library and the librarians. I had a card, but it wasn't hard to apply for.

I wasn't a student at that time (long after). University libraries and their users of computers may be the least best choice, but I don't know how they work now.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 09:48 pm
I finally got it solved. Deleted the PDF maker and installed Cute. The Cute writer made a perfect copy. Thanks for your concern and efforts to help. Cute is free and seems like what I need. I want to clear my mind before sending the PDF to the publisher. I am tired and don't want to make more mistakes. Thanks again.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 11:33 am
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
This profile is sort of pissy,..., as is observable
Forgive if I'm repping but thank you (once more?) Oss for the excellent profile

For the benefit of all other potential followers, some of the things we like to see there, age, natg'l, ed., int's, rel, fam, kids, loc, objs, etc
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 12:20 pm
@dalehileman,
Dale
Please don't carry that into this thread.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 12:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
Forgive 86 Ed but what and why not
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 02:14 pm
@dalehileman,
It hijacks a thread that is not intended for such discussions.
Ragman

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 02:15 pm
@dalehileman,
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 02:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
hijacks a thread
Okay Ed. and forgive 86 but which thread, 'thimk, 'thiomk, or even this very thread; and whichever, in what way exactly and don't so many a2k do the same thing

Ujsgottafrgva old fella

...yet thanks't'u again for your interest in my trivial affairs.....Rag too, thanks amil...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 10:19 pm
I have spent so much time and effort with the book I sent off to the publisher today, that I am sick of it. Happily it is out of my hair, from the creative perspective. It had become a millstone around my neck. Far too many years than it is worth. So I will tell you, today. But I know it was a cathartic experience to get it all down in print. And I will be back in love with it one day.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 09:54 am
@edgarblythe,
Oh man, can I relate to that...
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 10:07 am
@Leadfoot,
That particular work took too many years and blocked me from getting on with my other work. If it could make me rich and famous, I would not complain. Since it can't, I am well rid of it.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 10:47 am
@edgarblythe,
Sincere congrats EB.

I think I've made the final decision not to publish, but I feel compelled to finish the last remaining chapter nonetheless. It will be a relief
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 10:56 am
@edgarblythe,
Love-hate relationship with your book. When it sells, all will be the forgotten past.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 12:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm glad it will be published. Also glad that you're relieved it's done.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 12:46 pm
@Roberta,
Thanks. I guess I will get over it.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 12:08 pm
mazel tov and congrats on birthing that book. may it learn to walk nicely.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 12:50 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Oh man, can I relate to that...
Yea man Lead, me too. I had writ only two: The first can't remember a thing about; the second explaining the Universe, only one pub wanted to read, then didn't even respond. As says Ed,

Quote:
I am well rid of it
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 04:56 pm
Not so many days ago, our temperatures went into the twenties, two times. After that they climbed into the eighties, upper seventies and such. Two trees looked to be perfectly fine, although I lost a few plants our winters had not affected before. One plant close to six years old. The cactus, which stood taller than me, is suddenly about four feet high. Last time an ivy died off from a freeze, it appeared dead at ground level for a month or two, then suddenly revived. I expect that to happen again

I have what has been a beautiful citrus tree behind the house. It has borne fruit the year around, always lush and having balls of orange by the hundreds. This morning when I went back there, I saw a carpet of leaves all about it and it was obvious the tree is in severe shock.

I will continue to water as needed. But, until spring, I am through taking care of the yard.

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 04:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
listening