Trump to pare back US intel agencies

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 10:56 pm
Trump trusts Putin, but not any of the US intel agencies, so he's going to reduce them. This is the same guy who declared he knows more than the generals, even though he's never served in the military.
I hope the people who voted for him will be happy in how our security will be compromised.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/donald-trump-plans-to-slim-down-top-u-s-spy-agency.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 604 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Blickers

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 10:06 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote cicerone imposter:
Quote:
Trump trusts Putin, but not any of the US intel agencies, so he's going to reduce them.

Well of course. With Putin as his bosom buddy, what does Trump need with these pesky USA intelligence agencies anyway? Vladimir just sends Trump all the intelligence briefings Trump needs from Moscow, and all that money is saved. Trump promised on the campaign trail that he would "shake the rust off" the way we do things with Russia, and this will just be the first of many examples.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 10:50 am
@Blickers,
All anyone has to do to win Trump is pat him on the head, and tell him how great he is. Nothing else matters.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 11:02 am
I have long figured that those agencies need some restructuring. I did not consider that Trump would be the one to make the changes.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 11:10 am
@edgarblythe,
I don't concern myself with how our government decides on our national defense and the budget, because they're going to do what they approve in congress. One citizen's input is meaningless in their world. I know, because I have written to my congressional rep in Washington, and was told their information was more important. Their information on WMDs were wrong, and they needlessly killed innocent people.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 11:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
And I agree with everything Donald Trump says.

Your security network is run by people who can be PURCHASED.

Whatever the cost.

The Pheonix can ONLY rise from ashes (ASHES).
No ashes - NO ******* Pheonix!
(Not shouting a2k - Emphasis by expletive induction)

Me and Trump=same perspective, different shoes.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 12:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If he does this I will be happy, and I don't believe our security will be compromised, but you, Blickers and New York magazine must be right.
0 Replies