Chew each bite one hundred times

TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 01:26 pm
@Frugal1,
BOHICA ? I had no idea there was an acronym for it. You homosexuals sure are creative!
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 02:10 pm
Way to hijack a thread.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 03:21 pm
@TomTomBinks,
This whole thing where you call each other homosexual like it's an insult is really lame.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 04:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've just about always chewed to what others might consider an excess. Never have counted the number of chews, just keep at it until I think it's enough.

That made (or likely would have made), the Assistant Principal of one school I attended quite happy. She would come into the school auditorium, where those who brought their lunch to school had to eat, and tell us to masticate our food thoroughly. It was almost comical, considering we were in auditorium seats which leaned back some, so, we weren't sitting up straight; but, that didn't seem to make no nevermind to her. As long as we masticated we'd be living up to her demands.

Mother on the other hand, didn't chew much...if at all. She cleared a plate before I finished my first bite. That made mealtimes a little tense. On one occasion it took me nearly an hour to finish a hot dog.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 04:51 pm
I find it maddening to have a meal with a person that eats one bite at a time. They slowly chew it, everything done in a kind of ritual. Presently they will have another bite, but not anytime soon. And I will have eaten my food and be wishing mightily to end the affair.
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 12:04 am
@nimh,
Quote:
This whole thing where you call each other homosexual like it's an insult is really lame.

You're right, I apologize. I'm just trying to irritate Fruggy.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 01:09 am
@edgarblythe,
edgar. I've always been called a slow eater. Even slower now that I've got teeth problems. When I have a meal with someone who eats like you, it makes me crazy. Hey, kiddo, chew.

How can you enjoy a meal and the food and the social aspects of eating if you're done before I've got my napkin settled in my lap?
saab

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 02:33 am
I see Roberta and I can have dinner together and Edgar can join us for coffee and a drink afterwards.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 09:03 am
@Roberta,
It's not as severe as my post made it seem. But I have always been a fast eater. Which always made me wonder that when my grandfather, my brothers and I, stopped in a restaurant on our way to a job, I would be taking my first tastes of my coffee and he would already be back in the truck, impatient to get moving again.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 11:15 am
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

Georgeob1 has not been shy about expressing his distaste of childish comments by liberal posters.

Glad to read about the rather funny resolution of that health scare, George! That must have been quite the relief.

Thanks. It was. I'm quite active physically and was just getting past the denial and into worry the next day, when they did the broincoscope. I have a photo they took looking down a broncial tube at a branch divide ahead - two adjacent dark holes, one with a bright yellow kernel of corn lodged sideways at the opening.

My wife hasn't served me any corn on the cob ever since, and I get a lot of instruction about the wisdom of Edgar's point about chewing. She has a copy of the photo and waves it at me anytime I resist or complain.
nimh

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 06:27 pm
@georgeob1,
A wise woman. :-)
georgeob1

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 06:54 pm
@nimh,
That's the hell of it.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2017 06:55 pm
@nimh,
Sending a round of my Emeril Lagasse corn muffins. I use canned corn, sorry, and some New Mexico red pepper instead of cayenne; vary the cheese).
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/jalapeno-corn-muffins-recipe.html

This is not to cause poor health to GeorgeOB, as the muffins are easily chewable after the baking.

EdgarB can forgo the cheese and be happy.
CameronWebber

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 05:40 am
@edgarblythe,
I reckon that is a tough ask. I love my food and only chew a handful of times... oops!
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 05:44 am
@CameronWebber,
Who's a good boy?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 04:22 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Can't stand corn muffins. Never really was that fond of them, although toasted with a lot of butter they were acceptable if their was lack of bagels and lox. Corn muffins always seem a touch too dry and gritty.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 05:57 pm
@Sturgis,
So it goes, but, hey, not my corn muffins.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 06:01 pm
@Sturgis,
Some corn muffins are soft and almost like eating cake.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 06:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm an enthusiast and we differ..
0 Replies