How much of Support for Israel is based on Biblical Mythology?

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 04:29 pm
@Foofie,
Yes, the longing to return to Jerusalem and Zion. That's the ancient religious idea behind the secular idea of a nationality and "race" based on it that was developed, not in the Middle East, not North Africa but specifically in 19th century Europe by the Zionists as a product of the nationalistic ideologies developed there in those times.

"The legitemacy of Sephardim's 3,000 year presence in the middle east, and the fact that "Alexandria was built by Alexander the Great as a city that would have a Jewish population adding to his economic resources" is irrelevant to the fact stated above. Your flailing at your straw man is what is risibly silly.

Concerns about Israel notwithstanding, you don't want to be my friend, anyhow, so what's the difference? It's just a rationalization of yours.
Foofie

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 02:17 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Yes, the longing to return to Jerusalem and Zion. That's the ancient religious idea behind the secular idea of a nationality and "race" based on it that was developed, not in the Middle East, not North Africa but specifically in 19th century Europe by the Zionists as a product of the nationalistic ideologies developed there in those times.

"The legitemacy of Sephardim's 3,000 year presence in the middle east, and the fact that "Alexandria was built by Alexander the Great as a city that would have a Jewish population adding to his economic resources" is irrelevant to the fact stated above. Your flailing at your straw man is what is risibly silly.

Concerns about Israel notwithstanding, you don't want to be my friend, anyhow, so what's the difference? It's just a rationalization of yours.

I see where you seem to have a skewed definition of Judaism, in that it is not really a legitimate religion, since it emphasizes Zion, ignoring where religious Jews lived straight through the Ottoman times. So, sort of like an Irishman is Irish, because he identifies with modern Hibernia, and not Continental Europe, where Celts ruled for 300 years, before the Romans pushed them into Hibernia. Regardless, I meant you should find friends in Dixie. Being a New York Jew I learned in the military that I can only relate to northern non-Jews. They seem to value the presence of Jews in the U.S., even if it is just as a resource to enhance America.

But, you can keep de-legitimizing Ashkenazim from their religion, since in actuality the religion really "rejected" Gentiles not Christ (the New Testament says "the multitudes rejoiced when He entered Jerusalem." Only the High Priests seemed to have cooperated with the Romans to eliminate this anti-Roman zealot ). My point is that just like two-thousand years ago, Jews like most other versions of Judaism is an elitist faith, just for them. Since Gentiles (started by Paul) decided to adopt the faith, Jews collectively shrugged their shoulders and let the Gentiles have their own newest sect of Judaism. So, Israel, even in peace time serves the purpose of letting Jews not have to mingle with Goyim. And, that is the truth that most would just be offended by. So, you seem to have an aversion to allowing those Ashkenzim that practice the Hebraic religion to live comfortably in a land that is Goyim Frei (a take-off of the Nazi claiming in 1942 that Berlin was Juden Frei). Goyim Frei in every day activities, since non-Jewish Israelis do live there and are citizens. So, any peace in the future reflects the reality that life cannot be perfect, in an imperfect world (I guess an analogy that you can understand is that the South is inhabited mostly by those of Anglo-Saxon descent, and are either Southern Baptist, or possibly Methodist. As you remember from the movie Driving Miss Daisy, the Episcopaleans have a long history in the South of being held in contempt.)
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 03:32 pm
@Foofie,
My comments are about the nationalist ideologies of the Zionists, not your brand of Judaism.

So, you'd be my friend if you lived in Dixie? I seriously doubt it.

One thing is loathing the Goyim, another thing is disenfranchising them because of your prejudice.

How far are you willing to carry this elitism of yours? Mass deportations? Showers of Zyklon B?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 01:32 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Precisely why are you "leaning" Palestinian?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 01:34 pm
@fresco,
You would.

Hoping for something that has no chance of happening except in a Star Trek world is "nuts"

Now, do I really have to explain to your that by "nuts" I didn't literally mean insane?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 01:41 pm
@djjd62,
By "nuts" it should be clear that I don't mean you are insane.

It's not going to happen.

You are advocating a Star Trek's Federation concept.

This could be a very good thing, but not necessarily so.

In any case, as you know, Star Trek is placed hundreds of years in the future and if a happy futurist like Rodenbery thought it would take that long, it will take longer (Assuming it's worth it)

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 02:31 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

My comments are about the nationalist ideologies of the Zionists, not your brand of Judaism.

So, you'd be my friend if you lived in Dixie? I seriously doubt it.

One thing is loathing the Goyim, another thing is disenfranchising them because of your prejudice.

How far are you willing to carry this elitism of yours? Mass deportations? Showers of Zyklon B?

You should not be making accusations, just based on my ethnocentricity, that other ethnics display also. "Loathing" is the wrong word; I can accept contempt for the "Gentile" culture, not the people. I could not live in Dixie. Nor, could I visit. The folks there tended to look upon me, when I passed through, as some sort of rare bird for their parts (I was in uniform wearing my name tag on my summer uniform). Your last sentence above might be interpreted as just "Jew baiting" by anyone that understands the desire of many Jews just to live amongst their own. No acting out; no loathing; just preference. So, you must know that only Jews experienced "mass deportations" and Zyklon B showers. So, if you are not baiting me, you might think that Jews want some sort of vengeance? (Vendetta is an Italian word, not a Hebrew/Yiddish word). Only avoidance might be preferable by some Jews. Nothing else.

And, the nationalist ideologies of the Zionists are just a result of a Jewish history in Europe of pogroms, and explusions, and blood libels. So, even after losing 1/3 of world Jewry, due to the Holocaust, the Catholic Church (the original authors of European anti-Semitism, in my opinion) didn't have the decency to tell their flock, don't marry Jews, until they replenish their numbers. The local game warden has more concern for fish that need to be thrown back into the lake, until the lake is restocked with that fish, than the Vatican has for Jews, since, everyone knows that children are raised most often in the faith of the mother. In effect, if Jews can't be gassed or shot, they can be eliminated through the connubial bed. And, you question a nationalistic Zionism that forbids intermarriage in the State of Israel? Let's be honest, and admit segments of Christianity just want to eliminate Judaism, whether it's one way or another (from the perspective of the faith that were held in contempt by pagans, then held in contempt by the monotheistic faiths that came later). You need not reply. You, just in my opinion, have this strange (to me) concern with Zionism, so it might just be wiser for me not to antagonize you in your concerns.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 05:11 pm
@Foofie,
I opt to respond, thank you very much.

You state that Israel offers Jews the luxury of living Goyim free, a take-off of some Nazi claim, and I'm the one that's bating you? Cognitively dissonant much?

All of your hate-speech notwithstanding, you and the Zionists can't have your cake and eat it too, as it were.
peacecrusader888

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 07:06 am
"Biblical Mythology"? Who can give the genealogy of Jesus from Adam (Luke 3:23-38)? Only God! That is 42 generations. Usually, a person can trace his genealogy for six generations only. Maybe less.

Others may write about the Holy Bible being written in several languages over several generations at different places.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 09:49 am
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

"Biblical Mythology"? Who can give the genealogy of Jesus from Adam (Luke 3:23-38)? Only God!

Or a total bullshit merchant. Anyone who actually believes in Adam and Eve as anything other than allegory is an idiot.
Foofie

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 02:10 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

I opt to respond, thank you very much.

You state that Israel offers Jews the luxury of living Goyim free, a take-off of some Nazi claim, and I'm the one that's bating you? Cognitively dissonant much?

All of your hate-speech notwithstanding, you and the Zionists can't have your cake and eat it too, as it were.

Not to be a hypocrite, I will go now.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 03:28 pm
@Foofie,
Your leaving does not negate your hypocrisy.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:07 pm
@izzythepush,
According to you, I am "a total bullshit merchant". How about you? What are you?

According to the spirit of Ama, there was a couple by the name of Adam and Eve who lived. I believe Him.
fresco

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 04:27 am
@peacecrusader888,
Thanks for reminding me why I put you on ignore. You obviously don't realise how weak your belief system is if you need to keep reaffirming it to yourself. Nobody other than your fellow minority believers is interested in your attempts at your 'word magic'.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 04:49 am
@peacecrusader888,
I'm fine thank you. Thanks for asking. I'm honoured you took time out from bullshitting to enquire about another's welfare. Not a lot of bullshit merchants would make the effort.
peacecrusader888

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 06:23 am
@izzythepush,
According to the spirit of Ama, there really was a couple by the names of Adam and Eve who lived. Adam and Eve is an allegory also. Adam is the spirit of a person and Eve is the physical body. The spirit is placed in a container which is the physical body.
peacecrusader888

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 06:40 am
@fresco,
Magic, according to the spirit of Ama, is helped by the Devil. So when we see a magician performing an act, we can say that the Devil is helping him.

My belief system is stronger now than in 1999 when I said to myself that if the revelations of Ama that Jesus was born on 05-23 and died on 08-17 were wrong, I would renounce my faith in Him and declare Him to be a fraud.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 06:53 am
@peacecrusader888,
Although you may listen to the voice in your head, it's not regarded as a reliable source.

Adam and Eve is a myth, it may be an allegory as well, but scientific evidence conclusively proves it did not happen.

Even the Pope and the Archbishop of Canterbury accept that evolution happened. If your belief system cannot accept empirical evidence it's not a belief for anyone who values their brain.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 06:55 am
@peacecrusader888,
Or we can say he's using sleight of hand, misdirection, smoke and mirrors, that sort of thing, nothing diabolic about any of this. The truth is far more pedestrian.
peacecrusader888

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 06:21 am
@izzythepush,
You say that I "listen to the voice in your head". I would like to tell you that I learned of 05-23 birth and 08-17 death of Jesus from old listeners. Our (plural) conversation with the spirit of Ama is tape recorded.

It is up to you whether you will believe what I say or not, like what I say about Adam and Eve. I do not force anyone to believe. I was a doubter for eleven years (1983-1994), and again in 1999 to 2006 when I checked His revelations.