What happens after the GOP repeals Obamacare?

giujohn

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 12:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's the plan...(now watch him pick it apart)

Republicans Offer a Plan to Replace Obamacare

The House GOP’s health-care proposal would expand savings accounts, provide tax credits for buying insurance, and allow people to purchase coverage across state lines.

Jonathan Ernst / AP
RUSSELL BERMAN
JUN 22, 2016 POLITICS

Paul Ryan Has a Plan, But No One Is Listening

The GOP plan would:

Expand health savings accounts
Offer refundable tax credits to subsidize the purchase of private health insurance and decrease dependence on employer-sponsored plans
Cap the tax exclusion for employer-provided health insurance
Allow people to purchase insurance across state lines
Provide $25 billion in funding for high-risk pools over 10 years
Devolve Medicaid to the states, either through a block grant or a “per capita allotment”
Partially privatize Medicare beginning in 2024 through a “premium support” option.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 01:04 pm
Republicans, Leukemia Team Up To Repeal Health Care Law
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 01:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That is a political fact. That doesn't mean anything about the desire, or lack of desire, among republicans to kill people.

I am objecting to the hyperbole from both sides.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 01:56 pm
Related
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/15966124_10154874392891704_988671048371312220_n.jpg?oh=676494f383add3285d09c55afedce41c&oe=591D75DA
maxdancona

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 02:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, This last post is ridiculous (and I am on your side in the big picture... but this is still ridiculous).

1) If your income is covering 87% of your costs, you are bankrupt, by the very definition of "bankrupt".

2) Redeeming money based on future income is the very definition of "borrowing".

Come on Liberals! Stop saying stupid things. It makes me look bad.
giujohn

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 01:25 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Edgar, This last post is ridiculous (and I am on your side in the big picture... but this is still ridiculous).

1) If your income is covering 87% of your costs, you are bankrupt, by the very definition of "bankrupt".

2) Redeeming money based on future income is the very definition of "borrowing".

Come on Liberals! Stop saying stupid things. It makes me look bad.

He's an expert at that.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
I hope Ryan succeeds in taking away Medicare from seniors. Not even his constituents are gonna let him get away with taking away their health care; unless they want to die. Some might prefer that.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 01:49 pm
@maxdancona,
So wait and see. Huh?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 08:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think the left has made progress in one key strategic point; there is now an assertion that every American should have health insurance. This is going to be a difficult thing for conservatives to take back.

The idea that insurance companies should provide economical coverage for pre-existing conditions is now part of the dialog.

It will be interesting to see how the Republicans can meet this expectation in an economically realistic way... or if they take a political hit for abandoning this.

I am kind of looking forward to this battle the same way I was looking forward to the Patriots-Texans playoff game.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 08:48 pm
@maxdancona,
The GOP tried to repeal ACA while Obama was president, because they knew it would never pass Obama's desk with his signature. After Jan 20, they can pass it along to Trump for his signature. It's going to be fun to watch them backtrack on their efforts to defeat ACA when they finally has the balls.
TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 12:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
Trumpet sounded off today when asked about the new healthcare plan. He said don't worry, everyone will have insurance! Does it sound like Trumpster is proposing social medicine? How will the republicans react to that? Will they just go with it like the spineless vermin they are and so contradict not only what they've been bitching about for the last 25 years, but their own "principles"? Or will they reject his ideas and become his adversaries?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 10:43 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Sounds like a total contradiction of the republican meme to cut social benefits for all. They even talked about privatizing social security. Maybe, that'll be next.

http://www.fool.com/retirement/2017/01/15/a-republican-privatization-of-social-security-is-a.aspx

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/senate-gop-clears-key-hurdle-obamacare-repeal/story?id=44726333
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 05:52 am
I have not been reading this thread closely. I am posting this in all the political sites I post in.

In Case You Missed It
The Senate voted 51 to 48:
1. To end coverage for preexisting conditions, veterans benefits, and aid to rural hospitals.
2. To remove discrimination protection for women in healthcare.
3. Against the provision allowing children to remain on their parent's insurance till the age of 26.
4. To cut off funding for the Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
5. Against ACA contraceptive coverage and maternity care provision.
6. To direct committees to send budget legislation to defund and repeal the Affordable Care Act.
For those who get health insurance through work, no pre-existing conditions. Lifetime caps for coverage are back for everyone.
Real and disastrous actions are being taken that will affect more than just the 20-30 million people who will lose their health care coverage and the 3 million people who will lose their jobs.
Despite their assertions of this being an action to "repeal and replace," no viable alternative plan has been proposed.
The House votes Friday.
As of this moment, no replacement exists.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 09:21 am
@edgarblythe,
To paraphrase Nancy Pelosi: We have to repeal Obamacare to understand what will replace it.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 09:36 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

To paraphrase Nancy Pelosi: We have to repeal Obamacare to understand what will replace it.

I am surprised to learn that Nancy Pelosi wants to repeal Obamacare.
farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 09:56 am
@maxdancona,
She said it in frustration. She's been correctly claiming that the GOP hqs NOTHING in the pipeline to replace it and , probably, much of ACA will have to be retained to keep the entire insurance and medical industries from going into chaos.

Thats called "brinksmanship" but , Im afrqid thqt Trump int good at it, hes too ADHD
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 11:14 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
So far a big fat middle finger is what we get to replace it.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 11:34 am
@edgarblythe,
Considering all the big fat middle fingers pointed in their direction, it might be considered a fair turn around.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 11:40 am
@edgarblythe,
When those covered under ACA learn they're no longer covered, they're going to change their party affiliation to kill the GOP. Everybody is going to watch Trump with a fine tooth nail, and impeach him as quickly as they can. This is going to be fun to watch. It's been awhile since a president elect has such a low approval rating.
It's his narcissism that's going to catch up with him, because he doesn't understand the Constitution.
He thinks he's a king.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 11:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
I don't think that sort of thing is the answer to get congress to serve the people. Without Trump we will have a man who follows the teabagger **** right down the line. Meaning the middle finger will just be bigger.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:21:24