Lost confused ..torn between the 2

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 04:01 pm
Earlier this year i met a gentleman that swept me off my feet. His name is bennett. 2 weeks into our relationship he was sent to prison. I told him i would wait. While he was in prison i met a man named Jay. Jay was a friend at first but eventually we became sexual. I cheated on bennett but i justified it by saying i had needs. I kept telling jay that i wasnt going to leave bennett, but jay was very persistant. He told me he would wait for me to figure things out with bennett. Then i saw a picture of bennett and another female claiming him as hers. At the time jay and his children were losing their home but still he tried to help me with my family. I told bennett the next time he called that i was leaving him. It broke my heart but i had already cheated on him and felt a certain obligation to jay and had moved him and his children in. Bennett only had 27 days left. I ended up becoming engaged to jay. Christmas eve i received a message from bennetts mother asking me to call her immediately. When i called bennett answered. He asked me to come see him and i did. It was a brief awkward encounter that ended with me telling him i would come back later. He told me he would be waiting. I wrestled back and forth about going to see him. Jay and i had gotten into a rather heated argument and he went to sleep. I then decided to go meet bennett for a few minutes. When i got to bennetf he was leaving and asked me to follow him. I said i didnt have long. He asked me to follow him to his brothers house. I did. As i followed him across town he pulled down a street and told me to park and get in with them. They were going to go to his brothers and then drive around and he would bring me back to my car. I got in and his brother was not in the vehicle he pulled out the other way and then told me we were going out of town. I told him he could have told me that before and he said no cause he knew i wouldnt have gone with him. The whole drive he just kept telling me how hurt he was. Asking what he did, telling me he would never love anyone like me. He kept smiling and trying to look at me singing to me telling me this is how it was supposed to be. All he wanted for cheistmas was to be with the woman he loved. He asked me to just not think and just enjoy it. I didnt get home until late christmas morning but leaving him was the hardest thing. When he kissed me when he touched me i knew it was only him. Ive known since the first moment he touched me that i was meant to be his. The problem i have is i love jay and i dont want to hurt him. But in my heart i know bennett is my true love. What do i do? Do i marry jay knowing i would be settling for him even though hes wonderful its just not the same. Or do i go back to bennett and see where it takes us?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,558 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 05:15 pm
That story about Bennet luring you to get into a car and then driving around is downright scarey. But apparently you don't think that's weird.

Because of that, I have no advice.

Lovelybadd2017

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 05:32 pm
@PUNKEY,
In response to yours. It was scary at first but his mother was also in the vehicle and he didnt seem like he was going to hurt me. I just knew i didnt want to upset him. While it was wrong for him to do that i thibk his intentions were only to make me remember
0 Replies