We are all the same, but different

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 05:15 pm
We are all not only different, but we are also the same as well. I will give a few examples. We are all the same in the sense that we all have thoughts, feelings, and personalities. But we are all different in the sense that we all have different thoughts, different feelings, and different personalities. There are also moments where two people can think the same thought.

So these two people would be the same in the sense that they both have the same thought. But these two people would also be different in the sense that other aspects of them are different such as the fact that they wear different clothes, have different skin color, etc. One last example would be that we are all the same in the sense that we all have consciousness. But we are all different in the sense that we all have different conscious experiences and different levels of consciousness.

contrex

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 06:13 pm
You have just made a trivial observation in my opinion.

Skeleton

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 12:14 am
@contrex,
OP is trying to say that we should band against the sjw's. We're all different, but sjw's want us to think the same. But since we have the same enemy, we can put our differences aside to stop them.
fresco

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 02:33 am
@contrex,
Smile Of course!
Trivially any two items are logically both similar and different. They are 'the same' because they are both objects of a comparison and 'different' because there are two of them. That's a philosophical starter...see Derrida for example.
But this member merely has the need to talk. Its cheaper than going to an analyst.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 04:30 am
@Skeleton ,
Skeleton wrote:
OP is trying to say that we should band against the sjw's.

What is an "sjw"?
Skeleton

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 04:33 am
@contrex,
Social justice warrior. They're changing America for the worst.
contrex

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 05:37 am
@Skeleton ,
Skeleton wrote:
Social justice warrior. They're changing America for the worst.

On the contrary, people who promote socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, multiculturalism, and identity politics, are changing the world for the better. Those who use the term "sjw" self-identify as verging on racist, pro-gun, right-wing, alt-right or neo-fascist. In Britain we have the folks who rant on about "the PC brigade" who, they say, want to stop them using words like "darky", "cripple", "faggot", etc. You are either making up your crap as you go along, in order to annoy, get attention, cause mischief, etc, or else you really do have a primitive and cartoonish view of the world (or maybe elements of both).
dalehileman

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 05:30 pm
@MozartLink,
Yea Moz, nothing is entirely anything while everything is partly something else
0 Replies

Skeleton

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 06:37 pm
@contrex,
Dude. Feminists preach the genocide of men. They're just as sexist, if not more. They talk about enslaving or killing us all. They are also destroying our culture. Nobody reads marvel comics anymore because they're changing the characters to fit their bias. They're even changing ancient literature to make it some cringey fanfiction.

I'm not a racist. I don't call anyone by derogatory names, I have multicultural friends, I dated an African American, ask any non-white person, any female I know in real life, they'll tell you I'm an approachable and friendly guy. I don't think Feminists causing genocide is a good thing. I don't think women being able to put anyone they want in jail just because they have special privilege is good. I'm all for equal rights. Women should have the same rights and benefits as men, yes. But the special privilege thing will go way too far if it hasn't already.
perennialloner

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 09:17 pm
@Skeleton ,
Quote:
I'm not a racist. I don't call anyone by derogatory names, I have multicultural friends, I dated an African American, ask any non-white person, any female I know in real life, they'll tell you I'm an approachable and friendly guy.

None of those determine whether a person is racist.

Quote:
I don't think feminists causing genocide is a good thing
This is an insult to everyone who has experienced genocide and its consequences.
Skeleton

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 11:52 pm
@perennialloner,
Pretty sure a racist is someone who hates other races and believes their race is superior. Totally not the description of me.
0 Replies

Skeleton

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 12:34 am
@perennialloner,
Also you can't deny feminists talk about killing or enslaving all men. Just saying, it's a thing they talk about.
perennialloner

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 01:13 am
@Skeleton ,
Actually, I can. I don't know what stuff you read online, but the vast majority of feminists do not promote the enslavement or murder of men. Get a grip. Stop generalizing.
Skeleton

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 02:06 am
@perennialloner,
Ok then. What about women's privilege though? Do you think it's right that a woman can send anyone she wants to jail just on the basis of her word?

What about a woman being able to hit and abuse a man and feel no consequences? I obviously don't promote men abusing women either, but surely there's some privilege going on there.

What about white guilt? Should a white person be guilty for things they didn't do?
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 11:00 am
@MozartLink,
sorry.
0 Replies